Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Peculiar Resilience/Force Shroud Bug (attn bioware)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Peculiar Resilience/Force Shroud Bug (attn bioware)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JP_Legatus
07.10.2013 , 08:54 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by WheresMyWhisky View Post
More challenging for who? Certainly not Guardians as that will now be a joke for them (they will certainly be able to dodge with sabre ward if properly timed hardly a challenge and sabre reflect might work on it too? ), vanguards may have reasonable chance to dodge with riot gas? But it shouldn't inconvenience them too much. But they will both be standing there looking at the puddle on the ground that is the shadow when the roll gods didn't favour them.

Seriously why did you not make it I/E at least then it would pressure all tanks you know the other 2 tanks in the game that are not guardians.

GRRRR
Saber reflect on a OHK mechanic ftw
In other news the main tank finishes the raid with highest dps and/or solos the boss in 10s
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

funkiestj
07.11.2013 , 01:43 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidDemaree View Post
I
In other instances while Force Shroud is active and you know that you are being hit by a tech or Force attack, the issue is most likely that players and NPCs always have at least a 5% chance to hit with any ability, regardless of how high your defense is to that type of ability. So while Force Shroud is active, there is always at least a 5% chance that you could be hit by any tech or Force attack.

I don't like this anymore than you do. I know it's extremely frustrating to be hit by an ability that, for all intents and purposes, should not have hit you. Unfortunately, fixing this issue is not as simple as it seems, but I'll take a deeper look to see if there is anything we can do about it.
This is a bad mechanic and needs to be fixed ASAP. Question: does Force Barrier fail to block tech/force attacks 5% of the time? If not, why not? Doesn't Force Barrier bump resistance up to 20,000% or so?

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

funkiestj
12.17.2013 , 03:07 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidDemaree View Post
I
I don't like this anymore than you do. I know it's extremely frustrating to be hit by an ability that, for all intents and purposes, should not have hit you. Unfortunately, fixing this issue is not as simple as it seems, but I'll take a deeper look to see if there is anything we can do about it.
Do you have anything to report? Can you fix this as an xmas/new years present to the shadow/assassin community? Can you at least report back? E.g. "yeah, we looked at we've scheduled the fix for release 3.8 in 2015"

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Prototypemind
01.07.2014 , 07:00 PM | #64
Any word on this being corrected?