Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP is Awesome, Haters gonna hate...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP is Awesome, Haters gonna hate...

Mortal_Sword
12.24.2011 , 05:32 AM | #11
Sunday night I'm going to roll a BH, spacebar to ten and PVP forever.

I want to enjoy it before they get nerfed.
Ammanas <Onward>
Jedi Shadow - Mind Trick

Polly_Pocket
12.24.2011 , 05:34 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Mortal_Sword View Post

Thinking of doing the same thing, and just holding off on lvl'n my guardian.

Repefe
12.24.2011 , 05:41 AM | #13
When high lvl kills low level it's wrong. When low level kills high level it's wrong. Ppl should just stop killing each other in PvP. Too many egos are getting hurt ... Anywah, I like the PvP. Nice change of pace from questing/flash points.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mortal_Sword View Post

You play Jedi shadow and feel the need to reroll ?
Killer: 53%, Socializer: 53%, Achiever: 47%, Explorer: 47%

Herecticus
12.24.2011 , 05:41 AM | #14
Did i just read right? you are saying BH needs a nerf? *facedesk* imo BH is the most balanced of all the classes..you wanna be looking at SI...

Zetara
12.24.2011 , 05:45 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Herecticus View Post
Did i just read right? you are saying BH needs a nerf? *facedesk* imo BH is the most balanced of all the classes..you wanna be looking at SI...

Just because I mentioned one doesn't mean that the others are fine. Obviously SI needs looking into, but if you think that electro dart, they break out of it, followed by concussion missile to stun them again, followed by tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile where each missile hits for 1000+ is balanced, you need your head checking.

Having said that, it's definitely the most fun class and has everything you need, if they come up to you, stun, flame thrower, or jet pack punch thing or jet boost to throw them away, the missiles are fun and death from above is one of the most epic feeling powers I've played in a game, but the ease of PVP as a BH is incredibly easy coming out with 40+ kills and under 5 deaths in every game.

That said, like I said if the other team actually targeted these players rather than leaving us alone to do our business it wouldn't look so one sided.

Anselm
12.24.2011 , 05:54 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Polly_Pocket View Post
ROFL. I stopped there. Thank you for proving all the other threads correct.
You are being pretty ignorant to stop reading where he mentioned Bolstering just to shoot his thoughts down. So what if he was level 15 and was doing well. that just proves the game takes more skill to PvP in which is personally why I PvP. If you dont like the fact that a bolstered lvl 15 can beat your lvl 50 butt when you have at least 20 extra useful PvP skills, its not because the game is unfair or the PvP is unbalanced, its because you are a bad.

He makes valid points. I played other MMO's and I think his main argument is solid. For a while the pvp bothered me because I wasnt familiar with it; once I got the hang of it, it became Id say some of the best PvP in a game I have played BECAUSE of how balanced it is and how you cant just hit a 5 button rotation and always kill your target.

I think most of the QQ'ing can be summed up by this quote:

Nerf Rock, Paper is fine. -- Scissors.
(║!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀Γịị7████████████████████████████████████████)

CapuchinSeven
12.24.2011 , 06:04 AM | #17
PVP is great, and on my server it's pretty balanced. That said, the animation and stutter is awful and is pretty much making melee impossible to play since beta, the OP doesn't seem to understand what people are complaining about.

Oh and yes, the Bounty Hunter does seem to have an insane amount of CC.
I know chop-knees.

Skiveron
12.24.2011 , 06:30 AM | #18
Yeah for an MMO the PvP is really really great.

Hope Bioware focuses on improving it more in upcoming patches, but for now I am very satisfied.

RepublicMaverick
12.24.2011 , 06:32 AM | #19
Personally I am loving the PVP. Sure it still needs some balancing, but right now each class feels very unique to play but also fight against.

The Bounty Hunter does feel a bit OP in range perhaps but as a sentinel I just leap in and have no problems taking care of most BH's up close.

The problem I am finding is the lvl different in warzones. Maybe it is just my imagination, but the higher lvls (I am talking about 20+ lvls higher then your current lvl) feel like they are at least twice as hard to kill and hit twice as hard. Yes they have similar HP but perhaps their armor is much higher due to what they are able to wear and their attacks better because they have the high lvl attacks?

If this is true a simple fix would be to only have lvl 10-20 in a warzone, 20-30 in a warzone and so on.

What are your thoughts on this?

Zetara
12.24.2011 , 06:55 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by RepublicMaverick View Post
Personally I am loving the PVP. Sure it still needs some balancing, but right now each class feels very unique to play but also fight against.

The Bounty Hunter does feel a bit OP in range perhaps but as a sentinel I just leap in and have no problems taking care of most BH's up close.

The problem I am finding is the lvl different in warzones. Maybe it is just my imagination, but the higher lvls (I am talking about 20+ lvls higher then your current lvl) feel like they are at least twice as hard to kill and hit twice as hard. Yes they have similar HP but perhaps their armor is much higher due to what they are able to wear and their attacks better because they have the high lvl attacks?

If this is true a simple fix would be to only have lvl 10-20 in a warzone, 20-30 in a warzone and so on.

What are your thoughts on this?
Unless you had an inter-server PVP warzone it wouldn't work, you'd be waiting forever to que because not that many people in your level bracket are pvping or queueing I'd imagine.