Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in Phoenix, AZ!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in Phoenix, AZ!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
01.06.2014 , 03:08 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone!

Hope y'all had a wonderful new year! We have announced our first Community Cantina tour location for 2014: Phoenix, AZ! We will have a full list of the cities for you soon, but I can tell you that our February location will be Atlanta, GA.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Brataccas
01.06.2014 , 03:53 PM | #2
Is the budget so tight you can't fly to the North East?

CourtneyWoods
01.06.2014 , 04:08 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Brataccas View Post
Not at all. We are currently planning to have Cantina Tours around NYCC and PAX East.

This year we are going to continue trying to have a Cantina Tour once a month. We are extending these tours to cities that do not have major conventions as well.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

LegoUniverseBC
01.06.2014 , 04:13 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey everyone!

Hope y'all had a wonderful new year! We have announced our first Community Cantina tour location for 2014: Phoenix, AZ! We will have a full list of the cities for you soon, but I can tell you that our February location will be Atlanta, GA.
Awesome! I'll be their, can't wait to finally meet Musco in person.

JimG
01.06.2014 , 05:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Brataccas View Post
Is NY not considered the Northeast? They just had a cantina tour in NY on Oct. 12, 2013.

Gidrea
01.06.2014 , 05:27 PM | #6
Why did you post the event in CDT? This is January, the entire country is on STANDARD TIME. I realize y'all are in Austin and on Central Time, but it isn't the time of year for Daylight Savings. And Phoenix is in Mountain Time. When does it actually start?
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Randava - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

RedHatGuy
01.06.2014 , 05:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidrea View Post
Why did you post the event in CDT? This is January, the entire country is on STANDARD TIME. I realize y'all are in Austin and on Central Time, but it isn't the time of year for Daylight Savings. And Phoenix is in Mountain Time. When does it actually start?
You couldve got your answer in half as many keystrokes from Google as you used to type your rage message.

CDT = -5
Arizona = -7

So if it starts at 8:00 CDT you subtract 2 and get 6:00 P.M.

Hope that wasnt too much math for ya
- Kustom42
Tanks: Grandetanque - PT - SlavelŽia - Jug

Heals: Rezari - OP DPS: MrDŽrp - Sorc

Gidrea
01.06.2014 , 05:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RedHatGuy View Post
You couldve got your answer in half as many keystrokes from Google as you used to type your rage message.

CDT = -5
Arizona = -7

So if it starts at 8:00 CDT you subtract 2 and get 6:00 P.M.

Hope that wasnt too much math for ya
Hey jack... I know the difference between CT and MT... what I want to know is why it says DAYLIGHT time and not STANDARD time. Doing the math doesn't answer that question. If they meant to say CST then it's only a one hour difference. So unless you're the person who posted the time, MYOB.

Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

RedHatGuy
01.06.2014 , 06:01 PM | #9
Not trying to start a flame war here bud, just having some fun and I did answer your questions so not sure where all the hate is coming from. The timezones and the difference from GMT never change, what changes is what timezone a locale is using.

CDT is ALWAYS -5 http://www.timeanddate.com/library/a...es/na/cdt.html
CST is ALWAYS -6 http://www.timeanddate.com/library/a...es/na/cst.html
- Kustom42
Tanks: Grandetanque - PT - SlavelŽia - Jug

Heals: Rezari - OP DPS: MrDŽrp - Sorc

Gidrea
01.06.2014 , 06:07 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by RedHatGuy View Post
Not trying to start a flame war here bud, just having some fun and I did answer your questions so not sure where all the hate is coming from. The timezones and the difference from GMT never change, what changes is what timezone a locale is using.

CDT is ALWAYS -5 http://www.timeanddate.com/library/a...es/na/cdt.html
CST is ALWAYS -6 http://www.timeanddate.com/library/a...es/na/cst.html
I get that... truly, I learned my time zones back in elementary school. However, people from BW have posted times in daylight when they meant standard, and vice versa. I am trying to clarify if it's at 8 CST so I'll know if it's at 7 MST. If, for some whacky reason, they really meant CDT, then it's 6 MST.

Perhaps Bioware is in a country of its own and is still on DST in the winter. They do say TX is a "whole 'nother country" but I don't believe that applies to time.

So while your information on the offset from GMT is accruate, it doesn't answer they question of why BW posted it CDT... being January, it's reasonable to question them on whether or not it is accurate. You can't answer that, so stop trying.