The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Well, OK, these are sound reasons.

I have noticed that in the middle-game especially, you sometimes get dumped into an FP that is significantly above your level, like +3-4 levels on you, as GF opens these up early. Yeah, bad idea: Strong-or-higher mob looks at you, you go "urp," and have a big repair bill.

But, the completion-trigger for those [DAILY] missions --"Emerging Conflicts (X)"-- requires that you be grouped for all available FPs. A few tweaks we can haz, EAWare?

As for the other...Double-check, and if present, un-tick your off-spec box, please.

Edited by midianlord

Hmmm, to be honest. Groupfinder opens up later than when you manually enter the flashpoint.

Also storymodes arent that tough to do with offspecs. I was going in with a vanguard-dps friend of mine who checked the tankbox. I was on my commandohealer and had 0 issues healing him through the fight. This is ofcourse requiring a basic understanding of your class which a lot of people arent having yet in lowbees.

I also had to heal bossfights where I had to tank bosses (mando-raders) or where the tank was wearing an chestpiece with only armor (yup, no stats at all, only some armor). You'll be surprised how forgiving lowbees are.

This ofc doesnt disregard the annoince of having afk-pops.

ATT'N: Derp-smashers.

If you say that you don't know a boss-fight, then could you please...

Wait until I'm done explaining the fight to you before you freaking attack? (Before the tank, 'natch, but that's fine, hero-tank is the lesser-known off-spec for the Marauder/Sentinel class, as I'm sure we all know!)

E:

Lost Island [HARD] really isn't that hard once you've learned the mechanics and taken your lumps a few times. It certainly wouldn't devour PuGs at the rate it does if more people would read --and then bloody well retain-- basic instructions.

Edited by midianlord

Had a tank yesterday who intentionally was pulling tons of mobs trying to 'troll' us or something, and then laughing about how we'll never get another tank if we kick him.

I just pulled out treek, the rest of the dungeon went just fine, even had a tank join right before the last boss.

Guy was PMing me after we kicked him saying how we'd never beat the dungeon and ****, it was funny.

Had a tank yesterday who intentionally was pulling tons of mobs trying to 'troll' us or something, and then laughing about how we'll never get another tank if we kick him.

I just pulled out treek, the rest of the dungeon went just fine, even had a tank join right before the last boss.

Guy was PMing me after we kicked him saying how we'd never beat the dungeon and ****, it was funny.

OMG, you should totally up-load a screenshot of the completion to your favourite file-host...

And then /whisper him the link repeatedly!

Troll the troll, because some tanks out there reeeeeeeally need to get the f over themselves. :rak_03:

OMG, you should totally up-load a screenshot of the completion to your favourite file-host...

And then /whisper him the link repeatedly!

Troll the troll, because some tanks out there reeeeeeeally need to get the f over themselves. :rak_03:

That is totally uncivilized and uncalled for in this age of refined behavior and wisdom. Unless the final drop was a tank piece, in which case you need *two* screen shots, one of the drop itself, and one of Treek modeling it. Just sayin'. Naming the screen shots sweet_justice01.jpg and sweet_justice02.jpg might be considered excessive by some people, so I wouldn't even think of doing it.

Edited by eartharioch

Hammer Station HM. I was on my Operative healer, but earlier in the day I had helped a healer Sorc friend of mine to do some dailies, so I had respecced for Lethality in between. When I got the GF tick (as a healer) I respecced back to Medicine and before I loaded in, the tank was pounding on the next droid. No worries, my Op is well-geared, so a quick Kolto Injection yielded a 10k crit and off we went.

All was nice and well until the first boss. I used Scavenging to get the short cut. We had two DPS players from the very low end of the spectrum, so I did not expect the tank to pull immediately. I was still around 35 metres away from the tank and the two DPS players were still looting the previous enemies. The thing is, I had just respecced and I did not have cleanse bound to my regular button (which is T). So the tank dropped. I got a few bad comments, but I can understand that, I should've changed that on the run and with my gear I could've probably done the droid with the tank alone.

But then our almost fully Oriconian-geared tank started showing her true colours and so did the DPS players. Every single encounter the all went from strong to weak, despite me asking for them to get the easy mobs first. That bridge that is guarded by two turrets? I CC'd the farther turret three times and the Juggernaut moved towards it so as to Smash them both. After I told even before the match I'd CC it.

The last boss was quite similar. My Explosive Probe, Shiv, Frag Grenade and Rifle Shot killed all the adds. Yet all of them claimed to be experienced PvE players. Later on I joined a PUG TFB and saw the tank there. I decided to thank the group for inviting, but I I would most seriously have to leave.

That is totally uncivilized and uncalled for in this age of refined behavior and wisdom. Unless the final drop was a tank piece, in which case you need *two* screen shots, one of the drop itself, and one of Treek modeling it. Just sayin'. Naming the screen shots sweet_justice01.jpg and sweet_justice02.jpg might be considered excessive by some people, so I wouldn't even think of doing it.

Thank you! This put a huge smile on my face. :D

been reading this thread for months. great thread. all that frustration can be easily vent out after reading these stories:p

2 days ago. dont know what in world had happened to vanguards.

Taral v SM. me vanguard 31 tank with 8.9k hp(approximately) cant remember now. but had full 31 level blue mods, and another vanguard 39 level 9.7k hp and 2 31 level other class. the healer and the vanguard dps are from same guild. and the vanguard dps is on ion cell and guarding healer. i politely asked him whether he want to tank and is he tank speced. he says he is tank and wants to tank. i dont know why he rolled in as dps if he ants to tank. but i left him to tank. and switched to another cell. for each mob he took great time to start. ok i wasnt in a hurry and healers first time it was. so i thought he might be explaining on pm or something. until final boss this went on. we did all bonus. i was happy though we wiped 2 times on bonus boss. but healer's first time. so no worries.

At last boss. our vanguard tank in dps role went ahead straight away and started los pulling boss to north right of staircase and went under it. withought pausing or informing anyone. and healer was left stranded in side geetting hits. and this guy kept attacking only champ without any communication.then i went and taunted other mobs and still healer died and we killed boss only to get wipe at mobs+turrets hands. we could have easily cleared that without los pull. no idea why he wwent rushing in when he waits each time on small mob.

and best part, he actually greeded all aim gear. i know its not ideal for 39 level. but hey, it was better than what he had. though i'm not complaining that i got all aim loot.:D

same day, next fp. cademimu. me 31 van tank. and another 2 32's and a 33 vanguard in dps role with ion cell. i just died once. then didnt say anything as he was undergeared and we were overleveled for fp. so we went on and i never lost aggro to him until boss fight. there i lost aggro first time on that fight to our tank in dps role. and he keeps standing in fire. and our healer though great at healing was weird in his own way. he wanted me to do an los pull on each mob. he goes to a corner before a mb fight and asks me to come there ands tart fight while i'm totally ok with pulling normally and we were doing fine. i just dont know why he got scared. and my hp hadnt even gone below 30% on that fp.

it was funny, i did taunt him and no one died thanks to gerat healing for saving him. but that was 2 in a row 2 tanks in fp while we dont get tanks.

and i thought had enough and lets go to imp side. guess what? yes. boarding party, me sin 33 tank. another sin 34 in tank stance and guarding healer already when i came in. asked politely to remove guard and change stance. he did do that. but it was funny to get 3 consecutive fps with 2 tanks all in a day. thought lets call it a day after that.

Edited by Deadlynits

Ran Hammer Station Normal mode the other day. I was healer. I got a guardian tank in dps stance who would run up to a target, then wouldn't do anything. I got a sentinel who was running ahead and pulling agro. Finally, a dps who was healing. We wiped on the 4th mob several time. I asked the sentinel to stop pulling, the tank to get into tank stance, and the other dps to start dpsing. They told me to stop being "bossy" and that we were doing fine. I left the group finder group.

A sorc dps joined our DP story mode run to replace someone who had left when we got to the last boss. When they zoned in, we saw that they had almost no achievements for ops or flashpoints. Not ideal, but not a deal breaker. They had pretty low health, wearing pvp gear with green relics and a blue offhand. We started to worry. And then we noticed that they were using a fortitude sim....

Had a somewhat interesting run of Storymode Ahiss yesterday. Group was myself (Healer Sorc), DPS Assassin, some type of Imperial Agent, and a Tank Powertech. Everything was going smoothly until we hit the Beast of Vodal Kressh, The PT says, "You guys know the cave trick?" He leads us off to this cave nearby and tells us to wait. All of a sudden, he's got the boss in tow and his adds with him. We're all sitting in there, killing everything as best we can, getting knocked around all over the place, and my healing resources are getting stretched thin (no AoE heals), and further, this was my second flashpoint being a dedicated healer in, so that made it all that much worse. We get through the fight with everyone on their last legs. I ask the PT why he did that and he says, "Less adds and no getting thrown around. it's a HM tactic." He then remembered that AoE heals were mainly required for that strat to be more effective. Not doing that again until I've got better healing abilities.

Had a Directive 7 [HARD] yesterday.

Our Jedi Guardian "tank" was in full damager PvP gear with not one jot of mitigation on it. (But at least he remembered to switch to tanking-stance as we were loading-in.)

And we still just nuked it down, even though our healer was a fairly fresh level 50, whilst he rest of us were well-geared 55s.

Yeah: EAWare, please make the "classic" 50 hard-modes harder, that kind of derp should be rewarded appropriately.

Czerka Corporate Labs, normal mode:

Stupid fem-smasher Cartel Market clothes-horse Sentinel running way ahead of everyone, pulling everything on the damned map as fast as possible.

I typed in /party.

Me: "Could you please stop pulling everything on the *********** map for long enough so we can get the security cards (it won't let you pick them up if the group is in combat.)?"

She: "But it's more fun this way..."

Sure enough, about 10 seconds later: (Stupid smash-idiot) HAS BEEN DEFEATED.

Finally, I can grab the card! Cards grabbed, finally, jump down, fight the droid, I get final-blow courtesy of the lovely, lovely, SPEED SHOT! (<---the caps are deliberate: That ability is just so brilliantly fun and awesome). I only just didn't /emote "/me snickers at (stupid smash-twit)" in /party, but maybe I should have?

Then on to Security Chief Zokar...

Of course this twit is like 100m ahead of the group along with her chump of a buddy, they enter Zokar's room...and start the fight before the rest of us could get to it, locking us (my Sharp-Slinger and a DPS Shadow) out of the fight. And, they proceeded to nuke Zokar down just fine.

It just goes to show:

A) Anyone can get geared nowadays.

B) The CZ-198 normal modes are much too easy. That kind of idiocy should not be forgiven in level-cap content.

Just as an aside:

I like that he hard versions of these instances are actually hard. Be well geared, know the mechanics --these are all pretty strict "mechanics-based" fights-- play correctly to your class and your role, and you'll get 'er done, but you might still die once or twice along the way. More of this please, EAWare, just fix Zokar's rubber-banding one-shot bug first.

Just as another aside:

Has anyone, ever, met a smasher/sweeper with a brain in their head? I keep hearing that such a thing exists, but it might as well be moose-feathers for how often I've seen them (hint: Never).

Had a Directive 7 [HARD] yesterday.

Our Jedi Guardian "tank" was in full damager PvP gear with not one jot of mitigation on it. (But at least he remembered to switch to tanking-stance as we were loading-in.)

And we still just nuked it down, even though our healer was a fairly fresh level 50, whilst he rest of us were well-geared 55s.

Yeah: EAWare, please make the "classic" 50 hard-modes harder, that kind of derp should be rewarded appropriately.

Stupid fem-smasher Cartel Market clothes-horse Sentinel running way ahead of everyone, pulling everything on the damned map as fast as possible.

I typed in /party.

Me: "Could you please stop pulling everything on the *********** map for long enough so we can get the security cards (it won't let you pick them up if the group is in combat.)?"

Finally, I can grab the card! Cards grabbed, finally, jump down, fight the droid, I get final-blow courtesy of the lovely, lovely, SPEED SHOT! (<---the caps are deliberate: That ability is just so brilliantly fun and awesome). I only just didn't /emote "/me snickers at (stupid smash-twit)" in /party, but maybe I should have?

Of course this twit is like 100m ahead of the group along with her chump of a buddy, they enter Zokar's room...and start the fight before the rest of us could get to it, locking us (my Sharp-Slinger and a DPS Shadow) out of the fight. And, they proceeded to nuke Zokar down just fine.

It just goes to show:

B) The CZ-198 normal modes are much too easy. That kind of idiocy should not be forgiven in level-cap content.

Just as an aside:

I like that he hard versions of these instances are actually hard. Be well geared, know the mechanics --these are all pretty strict "mechanics-based" fights-- play correctly to your class and your role, and you'll get 'er done, but you might still die once or twice along the way. More of this please, EAWare, just fix Zokar's rubber-banding one-shot bug first.

Just as another aside:

Has anyone, ever, met a smasher/sweeper with a brain in their head? I keep hearing that such a thing exists, but it might as well be moose-feathers for how often I've seen them (hint: Never).

Hey there. I'm the chump buddy.

You do realise that the SM CZ FPs are for 2 people (read: TWO). We had FOUR (4) people in the group, meaning we had twice as much people than necessary for the flashpoint. To be completely honest, we only queued to get the pop to save us walking in. Oh, and if you think we're "anyone", have you checked our achievements? Bet we've done more content than you :/

You do realise that the SM CZ FPs are for 2 people (read: TWO). We had FOUR (4) people in the group, meaning we had twice as much people than necessary for the flashpoint. To be completely honest, we only queued to get the pop to save us walking in. Oh, and if you think we're "anyone", have you checked our achievements? Bet we've done more content than you :/

Really?? Pro tip: don't tell people what a boss you are when you're running storymode flashpoints. I've done more content than both you and your 'bud'. How does that make you feel? Not very good, eh? Because you're motivated by pride, and nothing else. Get over yourself. :rolleyes:

Edited by idnewton

Had a somewhat interesting run of Storymode Ahiss yesterday. Group was myself (Healer Sorc), DPS Assassin, some type of Imperial Agent, and a Tank Powertech. Everything was going smoothly until we hit the Beast of Vodal Kressh, The PT says, "You guys know the cave trick?" He leads us off to this cave nearby and tells us to wait. All of a sudden, he's got the boss in tow and his adds with him. We're all sitting in there, killing everything as best we can, getting knocked around all over the place, and my healing resources are getting stretched thin (no AoE heals), and further, this was my second flashpoint being a dedicated healer in, so that made it all that much worse. We get through the fight with everyone on their last legs. I ask the PT why he did that and he says, "Less adds and no getting thrown around. it's a HM tactic." He then remembered that AoE heals were mainly required for that strat to be more effective. Not doing that again until I've got better healing abilities.

Actually, that is easier way(cave trick) to clear that boss. though not needed for SM run unless the group aws struggling with mobs before reaching there or you(healer) was low level and undergeared. but its not bad choice. you wont get extra small dogs(adds) in there. otherwise you will have to kill around 4-5 small mob which spawns during that fight.

Really?? Pro tip: don't tell people what a boss you are when you're running storymode flashpoints. I've done more content than both you and your 'bud'. How does that make you feel? Not very good, eh? Because you're motivated by pride, and nothing else. Get over yourself. :rolleyes:

All I've gotta say - lol. You don't know me.

Actually, that is easier way(cave trick) to clear that boss. though not needed for SM run unless the group aws struggling with mobs before reaching there or you(healer) was low level and undergeared. but its not bad choice. you wont get extra small dogs(adds) in there. otherwise you will have to kill around 4-5 small mob which spawns during that fight.

True, and that tank left out one crucial detail: we were supposed to stand behind the boss, which we didn't do. That said, I ran it again today with the same strat (in this case, we stood behind the boss as he tanked him in the cave), and did just fine. I also did it with another group doing it the normal way and had no issues healing. So I guess he just wanted to not deal with the adds.

I typed in /party. Me: "Could you please stop pulling everything on the *********** map for long enough so we can get the security cards (it won't let you pick them up if the group is in combat.)?"

It just goes to show:

Just as an aside:

Just as another aside:

lol even the HM version of Labs isn't that hard if you have a group in full Oriconian/DF gear. Which brings me to my next point... Sure "anyone" can get geared. That's what happens when you make the best rated gear available with mere ult comms at a vendor. However, that doesn't mean everyone in oriconian/DF gear is just "anyone". That's a fallacy on your part and calling someone such just because they didn't take a story mode flashpoint seriously is a bit douchey of you. It is funny that they were defeated right after saying "it's more fun this way" but that clearly shows to me that they indeed weren't taking this flashpoint seriously. And so they shouldn't have to. Like someone else said it's a +2 flashpoint lol.. Now if this were a HM dread op and they were acting this way, sure call them "anyone" all you like. But there's a BIG difference between hm DF/DP and cz labs SM lol.

Now the problem isn't the fact that they make end-game content easy. The problem is that they brought out CZ so close to 2.4 that the challenge of CZ didn't last very long. They also nerfed a lot of the bosses in CZ hm labs that, as i said before, it's not even hard in HM anymore. I remember when the droid boss took two or three wipes to down. and when Zoker's missiles would take half your health even when you weren't in the circle. Might not be fair, but it was more challenging, therefore more fun.

Lastly, no matter who these people were, not once have you complained about them attacking u directly for saying what you said at the start, and there's a *lot* of people on SWTOR that would not only play like buttheads but speak and treat you like a butthead as well.. So for you to come onto these forums and talk smack about these people behind their backs when you didn't even have the courage to simply emote a snicker at them is extremely cowardice of you.

PS- There are a lot of good focus Sents out there. Half the reason they get called mere "smash-monkeys" are instances such as this where they don't play properly and get ridiculed for it. The other half is because of PvP lol.

Edited by Asari-tears

I don't know who you are.

I have absolutely no need to know who the Hell you are.

Even if I did, then I still wouldn't give a flying **** who you are.

I care even less for what your "achievements" in a bloody video game are, as if that actually even means anything.

If geared well enough, then you can damn near solo Czerka Corp. Labs normal. (Probably, some people in 78 gear have by now with a similarly-geared companion, and some micro-management of same.)

Want to earn a shred of respect from me? 2-man the [HARD] versions of those instances without companions, or something similar, and then post a video conclusively proving that it was you.

Until then, get a grip, and get over yourself.

Edited by midianlord

[...]

So for you to come onto these forums and talk smack about these people behind their backs when you didn't even have the courage to simply emote a snicker at them is extremely cowardice of you.

[...]

Oh Mother of all Gods, for the love of...!

Yeah, that's right. That's 100% correct:

I WAS SCARED

to /emote at them.

I don't even know where to start with this, are there really people who actually think like this in this community?

This does not bode well for SW: tOR's future if so :/

It's cowardly, by the way.

Some of us really do just want to get the [WEEKLY] done, get the comms, and continue to round out our gear with a minimum of BS, drama, and stupidity.

But that's really just being "cowardice." Isn't it.

Christ.

Again: Get over yourself.

Even IF you have cleared all current content. Even tough I dont like your 'mine's bigger comment'. Lets just assume that for arguements sake. Since when does this give you the right to treat people like this?

Sure, the Czerka SM's are meant for 2 people. Sure they are easy to do. One thing you seemed to forget is that you had 2 other real human beings with you. Chainpulling when they try to get the key in this case is not fun for them. Locking the other 2 out of the bossroom just because 'We can two-man it' is bad behaviour.

Don't get me wrong, If the other groupmembers were also friends of yours it would have been hilarious and very fun to pull off. When I'm doing flashpoints with friends they either use rescue on me when I try to tank multiple mobs, they chainpull, they jump in first or they troll me in another way. I in my turn am doing the same. One important thing here is that they are my friends. If one of us has enough of it or a bad day than we can tell it and we stop.

And the reason why running the SM?

- comms to gearup comps

- comms to get relics for fresh 55's

- achievements for completing weekly

- achievements for downing the SM bosses

- easy reputation

- just because they are fun and this is how a hero should feel (almost one-shotting mobs, tanking bosses as dps and coming back with 70% HP and no heals received)

- add here your own reasons .....

Mid - if you don't care about my achievements due to it being a video game, then I guess you don't care about being a good endgame player at all. You're right; I can solo the CZ SM FPs. However, we decided to queue for 2 reasons - one, the extra money from the daily and two, to help out another two people who most probably could not solo them and needed a pop. Why would I want to earn respect from you? You also need to get over yourself I think, maybe if you weren't so slow in such a simple instance you wouldn't've been locked out from that one boss. Btw, who gives a **** if you miss the boss? You still get the loot, and we didn't exactly wipe on it...

As Asari said, there's nothing wrong with having a bit of fun in what equates to a very easy instance. If I and my friend were to help lowbies on a heroic on Tatooine, would we still be expected to act as if the content is hard? The answer is exactly as Asari said, we wouldn't and shouldn't.

If you had an issue with my friend and I, why not bring it up with us? Why did you choose to attack us behind our backs, call us names and insult us?

Also, be careful about attacking an entire spec. Melee, even in Focus, takes a lot of coordination, that, dare I say it, ranged largely avoids.

Fire, you're right there. It generally is really rude to chain pull and aggro bosses before being ready. However, as Asari said, this is not exactly DP HM. What harm does it really do to pull fast? There was one death - my friend.

Lastly, your reason for running the SM - "just because they are fun and this is how a hero should feel (almost one-shotting mobs, tanking bosses as dps and coming back with 70% HP and no heals received)" - isn't that exactly what my friend and I did?