Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Breasts, Butts, Big Hair and Lightsabres?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Breasts, Butts, Big Hair and Lightsabres?

Fevee
01.03.2014 , 12:27 AM | #541
Quote: Originally Posted by ErebusTartarus View Post
...How about asking for a more prude server for you and your Amish followers to play on instead of trying to screw over the whole playing community.
I'm not prude. (Or at least not as prude.) But I still think it's ridiculous to see a character rushing out onto the battlefield with practically a bikini.

So, it's not the prudeness talking, it's the lack of seriousness. I know it's just a game, and all, but take some pride in the character you chose to be and try to at least dress for the part. I have a gunslinger who dresses in a jersey and miniskirt. Sure, it looks quite casual, but smugglers are take-cover, extra-lucky types than can pull off that look. Dressing for the part, though, when it was time to go to Hoth, I leveled and leveled the social tier so I can finally get that fur suit so she'll look the part; and not run around the icy wasteland of Hoth in a skirt.

I also have a Commando who dresses in a robe. I know that's not heavy armor plating, but I model her after a pre-meditated character design. At least it looks more serious than running into battle naked.

Jawsers
01.03.2014 , 12:33 AM | #542
Quote: Originally Posted by Samaul View Post
Posts like this are laughable. If you dont want to see Star Wars dont play Star Wars. If you want to see Sleaze Wars, there are a whole slew of adult MMOs for you to play.
Posts like this are laughable. If you don't want to see people dressed "sleezy", go play another game. See, I can make a circle argument too.

Get over yourself. People will play this game, and do what they feel. Nobody will get mad at you for dressing like a "traditional" Jedi. Everyone should have to freedom to do what the game allows them to do.

Treeba
01.03.2014 , 12:36 AM | #543
I've never been so disappointed after click a thread before. I award you no internet points and may god have mercy on your soul.

Faelandaea
01.03.2014 , 12:43 AM | #544
I know my girlfriend doesn't want me to see it.
So . . . your ENTIRE post was basically so you could show it to your GF . . . the one that wears floor length skirts and knocks on my freaking door at 8:00 am on a Saturday morning to try to convert me to her religion . . . in order to try to look somehow chivalrous for her? Well, at least the post was entertaining. And i am pretty certain the ONLY reason a lot of us even read it is because we're bored and waiting for the servers to come back up from the DDoS attack . . .

Darth_Moonshadow
01.03.2014 , 01:11 AM | #545
Quote: Originally Posted by Faelandaea View Post
So . . . your ENTIRE post was basically so you could show it to your GF . . . the one that wears floor length skirts and knocks on my freaking door at 8:00 am on a Saturday morning to try to convert me to her religion . . . in order to try to look somehow chivalrous for her? Well, at least the post was entertaining. And i am pretty certain the ONLY reason a lot of us even read it is because we're bored and waiting for the servers to come back up from the DDoS attack . . .
He told us she's pretty hot in her own right. Yet she's apparently insanely insecure around fictional characters.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Rhalius
01.03.2014 , 02:18 AM | #546
We demand bigger breasts, bigger butts, bigger hair and bigger lightsabers!

And toilets..
Jedi Knight Gost Ganar
Member of The Praxeum Multi National Jedi RP Guild
"Defender of the people."

Helig
01.03.2014 , 02:37 AM | #547
Again, that is corruption in the Star Wars universe. I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with dressing up jedi to look like sleazy village people.
Before the "sleazy" CM outfits were introduced, the people that are wearing them now were wearing the NarShaddaa social set. Even if there's just one set, it will be seen regularly. The only way to remove the alleged "sleaze" is to make all the outfits deemed "sleazy" by those of a supposedly "higher" moral standing unavailable to players. Hint - not going to happen.

Also, Jedi of this era are different from those that you seem to be focusing on. It's an Order reborn from near total-extinction in the Triumvirate war, and it hasn't even reached full bloom before its numbers were once again reduced by the Sith Empire's invasion. They're way more militaristic, way less concerned about shallow, superficial "morality" (like dress codes). They practically tolerate war criminals in their ranks, giving them but a slap on the buttcheek and a firm stare. They have a cadre of highly-trained, Force-sensitive assassins. They aren't really enforcing the supposed ideals of their order - they have an overt warmonger on the Council who'd stop at nothing short of genocide. They, in fact, gave silent approval of the Jedi Prisoner's plans for the Foundry. They are not above petty political scheming to sway neutral worlds in their favour. Next to all that, I'm fairly sure some Jedi would not be above seduction, or blatant abuse of their ability to affect other's minds, using all the pressure points available to them.

Those are war-hardened, bloodied, battered, scarred Jedi who are on the forefront of the battle against the enslavement of the entire Galaxy. They wouldn't care about your petty, shallow, self-righteous pseudo-morals. It's a frilly froufrou luxury for a time of prosperity, degradation, and eventual downfall (hello, Mr. Sidious).
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Rabenschwinge
01.03.2014 , 02:37 AM | #548
Quote: Originally Posted by Fevee View Post
Dressing for the part, though, when it was time to go to Hoth, I leveled and leveled the social tier so I can finally get that fur suit so she'll look the part; and not run around the icy wasteland of Hoth in a skirt.
I blame that on the absence of appearance tabs. To set up a full seven piece outfit with the augments alone would cost me two million credits. Seven [Augmentation Kit MK-9], seven times installing them, seven 28 type artifact augments.

On top of that you need to have either two sets of the best armouring, mods and enhancements you can reach, or you need to move them every single bloody time, which which isn't exactly free either. And in the end when you have, say different outfits for temperate climate outside, one for hot environments such as Tatooine or Oricon, one for hanging out in enclosed environments with climate control, one with a bit camouflage for reconnaissance missions and one for cold weather your inventory will be pretty much swamped. If Kira asks for to go party then and you need a party dress that still looks good with two lightsabers at the hips you're pretty much screwed (depending on whether or not you expect operation bosses on that party of course).

Helig
01.03.2014 , 02:49 AM | #549
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
I blame that on the absence of appearance tabs. To set up a full seven piece outfit with the augments alone would cost me two million credits. Seven [Augmentation Kit MK-9], seven times installing them, seven 28 type artifact augments.

On top of that you need to have either two sets of the best armouring, mods and enhancements you can reach, or you need to move them every single bloody time, which which isn't exactly free either. And in the end when you have, say different outfits for temperate climate outside, one for hot environments such as Tatooine or Oricon, one for hanging out in enclosed environments with climate control, one with a bit camouflage for reconnaissance missions and one for cold weather your inventory will be pretty much swamped. If Kira asks for to go party then and you need a party dress that still looks good with two lightsabers at the hips you're pretty much screwed (depending on whether or not you expect operation bosses on that party of course).
Solution - sealed armour suit with climate-control feature.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Faelandaea
01.03.2014 , 03:23 AM | #550
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
He told us she's pretty hot in her own right. Yet she's apparently insanely insecure around fictional characters.
Indeed. And after careful study of human psychology this can only mean one thing . . . guilt. It has been proven time and time again that such sensitivity is the direct result of such guilt. In this case it is the OP projecting this guilt and trying to use his supposed "girlfriend" as one of his moral points, when in actuality he is feeling guilty of the feelings and ideas he gets from seeing a fictional pixel character on a computer screen. He has no sense of reality, and he has no sense that this is a game or even a virtual environment.

If he does have a "girlfriend", then this guilt may be further projected in either his fantasies and obsession with the Star Wars fantasy female, and to double that guilt he feels like he is cheating on his "girlfriend". The obvious cure for this would be to do what any mature adult would do . . . step away from the game and log off and snap back to reality and try to quell his own fantasies. However, he does not wish to do this, so he expects the developers to change the entire Star Wars environment and play "counselor" for him. He wants all of us to babysit him through his recovery, so that he can get counseling from us for $14.99/month (if he even subscribes, which I highly doubt, but i am being very nice here anyway) instead of doing what he SHOULD be doing and seeking PROFESSIONAL counseling at $35.00/hour, which is still pretty cheap if you ask me.

When I got out of the service, $35.00/our for a few hours of talking to someone about some issues I had in combat went a LONG way, and I am not afraid to admit that here in the open. Now will the OP also have the strength and dignity to admit that he is obsessed and confused with his feelings about the Star Wars universe? Will he admit to his uncontrollable desires which he cannot control which puts him on a destructive path, as evident by his disturbing attempts at logic in this thread? Being compassionate and understanding as i am, I can only hope so, for his sake.

There . . . I practiced the Jedi way. Any Sith would have simply replied with, "Hey OP . . . **** and log off!!!"

~Smiles and proceeds to log onto a Sith character ~