Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cross-faction guilds - when can we expect them?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cross-faction guilds - when can we expect them?

TOR-tanic
12.08.2013 , 11:00 PM | #11
Like everything BW plans on doing, it's on their To-Soon™ list.

Vandicus
12.08.2013 , 11:05 PM | #12
Huh, I wasn't expecting them to ever implement any form of cross-faction guilds.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Vhaegrant
12.09.2013 , 02:12 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Lemme find it, will edit post, was one of the fansites

EDIT here:
http://ootinicast.com/2013/06/ootinicast-episode-85/

was somewhere else too bbut can't find more links ATM
From your reference it sounds more like an implementation of chat that uses your legacy/ account information rather than the one character you are on.

So for example if you have an Imperial character in a guild and you go to play on your Republic character your Imperial guildies would be able to whisper you to see if you wanted to raid/ do FPs/ help out.

So not so much a Cross-Faction guild where you can have Imps and Reps playing the same content together, but a means of communicating between the two so you don't have to rely on a third party communication system.

Pietrastor
12.18.2013 , 06:54 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
From your reference it sounds more like an implementation of chat that uses your legacy/ account information rather than the one character you are on.

So for example if you have an Imperial character in a guild and you go to play on your Republic character your Imperial guildies would be able to whisper you to see if you wanted to raid/ do FPs/ help out.

So not so much a Cross-Faction guild where you can have Imps and Reps playing the same content together, but a means of communicating between the two so you don't have to rely on a third party communication system.
I don't think anyone ever considered letting Imp/Reps do content together, cross-faction guilds would obviously be primarly about much needed improvement in communication in-game, the social aspect.

Ratajack
12.18.2013 , 09:44 PM | #15
I don't think anyone ever considered letting Imp/Reps do content together, cross-faction guilds would obviously be primarly about much needed improvement in communication in-game, the social aspect.
So how do they implement a cross faction guild and yet prevent guild members from grouping together?

I do not see how cross faction guilds could be implemented while still maintaining faction separation.

I think that it would be easier to implement "legacy friends lists" that function in a manner similar to the method that another company uses to allow cross server, cross faction and even cross game communication. This would mean individual communication, and not "guild chat", though.

Maybe allow the formation of cross faction channels? That way guilds could form their own "private channels" and guild members from either faction could join. This could effectively allow cross faction guild communication while maintaining faction separation in other aspects of the game.

Pietrastor
01.02.2014 , 07:44 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
So how do they implement a cross faction guild and yet prevent guild members from grouping together?

I do not see how cross faction guilds could be implemented while still maintaining faction separation.
The same way they're already blocked from grouping with each other or how you can't whisper to somone from guild list? Simply by removing right-click option. If you see an opposite-faction player, you can check their gear or challenge to duel but you can't select whisper or "Invite to group", these options are simply disabled. Same with guild whispers (which people were asking tobe fixed for a long time lol). You're creating problems with this idea that don't exist

ELRunninW
01.02.2014 , 07:58 PM | #17
Still hoping for yellow post
You will only get one if there is any information they have to share with you. Otherwise, you will not even get a 'no' answer.

On cross faction guilds, I think they would need to first remove the (500?) member limit or it is just pointless.

Pietrastor
01.02.2014 , 08:02 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
You will only get one if there is any information they have to share with you. Otherwise, you will not even get a 'no' answer.
Cartel Market threads get new info all the time

Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
On cross faction guilds, I think they would need to first remove the (500?) member limit or it is just pointless.
Or simply transform it into 500 ACCOUNTS restriction. Or even 250 accounts. But in a game that puts such heavy emphasis on alting, it doesn't make sense to not count all characters as 1 guild member, majority of the players have 2-6 alts.

Pietrastor
03.13.2014 , 09:20 AM | #19
Last hope bump

Icebergy
03.13.2014 , 09:56 AM | #20
Cross faction guilds are never coming. Besides the fact that they make zero sense lorewise, the RoI for developing them is too small and likely negative. Probably less than 5% of the population cares about this, and most of those have already figured out that you can create two guilds and link them via a website and chat via voice.
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 5/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant