Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Join the Republic!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Join the Republic!

Grimhand
12.24.2011 , 05:17 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rheeling View Post
Honeslty, I'm about to switch away from Republic on my server. I can't get into a warzone where people actually know how to play an objective... or really PvP at all.

I consistently watch almost my whole team fight KIND OF near one door in Voidstar. I'm stuck defending the other one solo, even on my healer. And somehow, they get a bomb planted behind them. Genius.

I watch them decide not to CC the one stinking Imperial coming my way when I'm a second away from planting a bomb, and then I get canceled.

I watch them all move as one blob in Alderaan, letting the Imperials re-cap turrets we just took.

The ops chat always looks like:
*me*: Watch the doors, and call for help if you're going to need it and we're good.
*silence*
A BOMB HAS BEEN PLANTED

or

*me*: Stay near the node, call out inc.
*silence*
ENEMY TURRET NOW FIRING ON OUR SHIP

Don't even get me started on Huttball.

I'll tell people to join the Republic when we can start proving we're worth joining. I run warzones with my guild as much as possible, but rarely do we get full groups of 4. And even then, sometimes the 4 of us aren't enough to win the wz.
lol you got a bad server, its the opposite on ours.
▔ịị◚◚◚◚◚۝▔ị▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Rheeling
12.24.2011 , 05:25 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimhand View Post
lol you got a bad server, its the opposite on ours.
Haha yeah, I knew it was more a server issue than anything. That post was just the product of needing to vent after literally uncountable losses in a row with a friend. During the day it's not horrible. More around a 50/50 win/loss. But at night.... I'm not sure if I'll PvP at night on Sword of Ajunta Pall again haha.

Hope you're on the good end of the train wreck on your server though, friend
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashface View Post
I imagine they pulled them from actual server data, as opposed to your source, which appears to be your arse.

OrionBurger
12.24.2011 , 06:59 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rheeling View Post
Honeslty, I'm about to switch away from Republic on my server. I can't get into a warzone where people actually know how to play an objective... or really PvP at all.

I consistently watch almost my whole team fight KIND OF near one door in Voidstar. I'm stuck defending the other one solo, even on my healer. And somehow, they get a bomb planted behind them. Genius.

I watch them decide not to CC the one stinking Imperial coming my way when I'm a second away from planting a bomb, and then I get canceled.

I watch them all move as one blob in Alderaan, letting the Imperials re-cap turrets we just took.

The ops chat always looks like:
*me*: Watch the doors, and call for help if you're going to need it and we're good.
*silence*
A BOMB HAS BEEN PLANTED

or

*me*: Stay near the node, call out inc.
*silence*
ENEMY TURRET NOW FIRING ON OUR SHIP

Don't even get me started on Huttball.

I'll tell people to join the Republic when we can start proving we're worth joining. I run warzones with my guild as much as possible, but rarely do we get full groups of 4. And even then, sometimes the 4 of us aren't enough to win the wz.
I know exactly where you're coming from. I started keeping track of wins/losses a couple nights ago for all the republic vs empire battles, empire are ahead 11-2. It could be the time of day I'm playing, but the republic just seems largely composed of noobs that pick the closest enemy, and beeline for him like rambo, regardless of whether he is a tank, has heals, is kiting them etc. Objectives? Forget about it.

Zetara
12.24.2011 , 07:11 AM | #14
I'm on Empire because of the BH, I was a BH in SWG and it just feels like the class I identify with and like the most. I get that the classes are mirrored but with different names and looks but tbh if I like Ferraris I wouldn't buy an identical Lamborghini when I like Ferraris.

It might do the same, but the character looks different, feels different and has a different story line. The BH story line is fantastic, I rolled a Jedi Sentinel on Republic and never went back to it because of the story line. I stayed with the BH because of how great it was.

Malaix
12.24.2011 , 07:15 AM | #15
Its a personality reflection. The empire is aggresive, it goes out there and it burns things to the ground just to make a point. Republic are shell shocked soldiers in trenches struggling to prevent being overwhelmed, they are fighting the defensive against a war machine. PvPers want to be the villains attacking not the heroes struggling.

WoW also had racials that dont come into play but just look at the asthetic of horde vs alliance. Horde look vicious and warllike. Allies look like they have a 6 year olds medevil playset for a faction symbol.

That said I figured it would be more balanced here since Jedi Troopers and Han solo are all the favorite arch types of star wars.

Personally imperial agent just sounded more interesting then smuggler for me.

RepublicMaverick
12.24.2011 , 07:36 AM | #16
I have always rolled the underdog faction in other MMO's as I don't like easymode (in any game) I actually thought before launch and pre launch perhaps a lot of people would roll republic and feared I had to roll imperial even though personally I rather play light side then dark side.

I was happily surprised to find out that Imperial was rolled so heavily, so I got to roll the faction that I would enjoy mot to play story line wise and conviction wise and have a challenge at the same time!

And just so you know, the good guys always win ;-)

"For the Republic!!"

Illwill-
12.24.2011 , 07:44 AM | #17
I tried to play Republic, but I would be forced to "space" myself through the entire story and I don't want to do that.

The best way to describe the Republic story-lines: http://ferrebeekeeper.files.wordpres...mons.jpg?w=490