Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

COOL ! premades already ruining starfighter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
COOL ! premades already ruining starfighter

Reno_Tarshil
01.02.2014 , 10:49 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Vember View Post
Premades against randoms is for carebears.

If you're a carebear, continue to queue your premade against randoms.
So you want people to not be social and group up because you don't have any friends?

Nice fail logic you got there.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote:
Oooh look a butterfly.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

Merwanor
01.02.2014 , 10:54 AM | #82
Bioware should just make an option where a premade group can only fight other premade groups.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

Reno_Tarshil
01.02.2014 , 11:00 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Merwanor View Post
Bioware should just make an option where a premade group can only fight other premade groups.
And make queues longer?

No thanks.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote:
Oooh look a butterfly.

Helig
01.02.2014 , 11:06 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
And make queues longer?

No thanks.
Not sure which server are you on, but in prime time, reg queues are pretty much instant on the servers that I accommodate. I'm sure a "don't match me against premades" box would put a dent in my waiting time.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Helig
01.02.2014 , 11:11 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
Like I said, there's levels of friendship. That guy who makes you laugh who you enjoy playing a game with can still be a friend even if he didn't save your life in a foxhole. It's a little different from a one night stand because I'm talking about people who you game with on a regular basis. I just don't consider people to be disposable I guess.

Also, friend is defined as:
1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement: friends of the clean air movement.

None of that says a friend has to be a person who you'd trust to save your life. Also, they're called "friends" on social media, but I think people you enjoy talking to in your guild count as friends more than those 800 Facebook friends so many people collect.
We're letting social media outlets dictate what's a friend and what is not, basing the definition on their marketing policies/business models, now? Yeah, no, thanks.

Also, where did the notion that the person is either your friend or they're disposable come from into this conversation? Further confirms that my concerns are not unfounded.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Costello
01.02.2014 , 11:36 AM | #86
This is clearly an issue so it will be interesting to hear what Bioware are going to do to make GSF an enjoyable experience for all and not just the pre-made gank squads. Unless of course this is by design but I can't imagine the goal of GSF was to be a gank fest that most people just stop playing cause it really isn't very good and the unbalanced set up just destroys any fun it might offer.

ikinai
01.02.2014 , 11:50 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
We're letting social media outlets dictate what's a friend and what is not, basing the definition on their marketing policies/business models, now? Yeah, no, thanks.

Also, where did the notion that the person is either your friend or they're disposable come from into this conversation? Further confirms that my concerns are not unfounded.
Well yes, social media has always defined what a friend is. Back in the day it used to be word of mouth socialization that defined it. Then we learned how to draw on cave walls. This new media put on rock who Grog found to be friends. Then we progressed to papyrus and paper. We took the paper and made books, some of these tomes we called dictionaries, a repository of socially acceptable terms defining words. We are now using the computer and internet, sadly that is where we are at, but in the end, that is what defines a friend, social media.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

Elly_Dawn
01.02.2014 , 12:03 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
This is clearly an issue so it will be interesting to hear what Bioware are going to do to make GSF an enjoyable experience for all and not just the pre-made gank squads. Unless of course this is by design but I can't imagine the goal of GSF was to be a gank fest that most people just stop playing cause it really isn't very good and the unbalanced set up just destroys any fun it might offer.
i absolutely hate PvP and i despise gankers even more, as you can't collect loot from whoever you gank it's now done just for laughs and that is just messed up, in my opinion... as an Anti-PvP person that has found enjoyment in GSF i have to say there is little to no ganking going on in GSF... people just need to admit that they need more practice, need to stop being Cowboys chasing the Kill-count, or just need to learn to work as a team with or without VoIP and quit trying to blame the new "FotM Scapegoat"...
here i'll go first...
i get shot down because of careless maneuvers and i need more practice, with time i'll get better...
see that's not so hard...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

Reno_Tarshil
01.02.2014 , 12:04 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Nothing is going to happen.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote:
Oooh look a butterfly.

discbox
01.02.2014 , 12:35 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Kratier View Post
you'd think theyd learn from battlegrounds, ...
They never learned anything, why would I think they did this time?