Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW: How to nerf healers w/o nerfing healers.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW: How to nerf healers w/o nerfing healers.

ViciousFett
01.01.2014 , 09:59 PM | #1
Right now healers are the bane for WZ queues. Having them or not having them pretty much dictates how the match will go (especially for Arenas), and until you make non-ranked queues evenly pair sides it will remain very frustrating.

Aside from that, healers currently do not require accuracy to heal friendly targets, which makes several debuffs useless on healers. DPS and Tank classes have hardly any tools to combat healers (especially Operatives/scoundrels). Even the uncleanseable Madness dots can be removed by Ops/scounds...

I propose two changes:
1. Make healing dependent on accuracy. It won't make it necessary to gear above 100% tech accuracy for PVE, but others class' accuracy debuffs will actually do something.

2. Make tank class' single target and aoe taunts lower heal accuracy (as well as damage).
The Vicious Legacy
Random'hajile - Aeons - Gillian'Seed - Nati - Pirate'bay - Romana'II - Casaiss - Ghost-chops - TVC'onefive - Cookžepuss
CE VIP

NathanielStarr
01.01.2014 , 10:33 PM | #2
I think they should just adjust it in expertise with max expertise being 0% healing reduction instead of what it is currently. Start it at 50% healing reduction with 0 expertise and it slowly decreases by 1% for every 40 points of expertise.

BuzzingFridge
01.01.2014 , 10:51 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ViciousFett View Post
Even the uncleanseable Madness dots can be removed by Ops/scounds...
True, but pretty much no Operative healer worth their salt will waste their Evade on Madness DoTs.

sithBracer
01.01.2014 , 11:06 PM | #4
Or you could just L2P?
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
MŠkaela - assassin in the shadows

ViciousFett
01.01.2014 , 11:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
Or you could just L2P?
Oh, that's constructive...
The Vicious Legacy
Random'hajile - Aeons - Gillian'Seed - Nati - Pirate'bay - Romana'II - Casaiss - Ghost-chops - TVC'onefive - Cookžepuss
CE VIP

NathanielStarr
01.01.2014 , 11:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
Or you could just L2P?
Translation: Roll a flavor of the month (Operative healer) and contribute to PvP becoming even more boring. Lets just all be Operative healers and no one will ever die.

General_Aldo
01.02.2014 , 12:05 AM | #7
First of all, Commando healers don't need another nerf.

And honestly, whenever I am doing wzs, I notice that a lot of people really are terrible at dps. I mean, their dps never gets above 700. It's really sad.

I think that if people could actually play their class to 100% potential (about 5-10% do) and if they timed their cc, it's possible to burst down a healer relatively easy (not guarded).
Bornsteller - Combat Medic
King of PUGS
http://www.twitch.tv/general_aldo
"The last commando healer"

NathanielStarr
01.02.2014 , 12:16 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post

And honestly, whenever I am doing wzs, I notice that a lot of people really are terrible at dps. I mean, their dps never gets above 700. It's really sad.

I think that if people could actually play their class to 100% potential (about 5-10% do) and if they timed their cc, it's possible to burst down a healer relatively easy (not guarded).
I don't understand how that is the problem because the players that are playing healers are from the same player base as the bad dps that you are talking about and they are doing tremendously well overall. Somehow it's easier to heal and outdo the dps. It's just easier to spam heals than it is to coordinate multiple dps, heals requires very little coordination.

But really the problem is that people have figured out how easy it is to heal and you are getting matches with 2 or 3 healers all cross-healing and all with guards. Then all they need is 2 dps to destroy the other team.

I've been on both sides of it and I destroy when there are more healers on our side than the other especially if they are operatives or I'm destroyed when it's the other way around. My skill or lack thereof seems to be inconsequential.

ToMyMa
01.02.2014 , 12:18 AM | #9

Well, 700 DPS is what you get when you're running all over the map to cap objectives :P mind you, a lot of people aren't the brainless deeps monkeys that'll just be at middle (or whereever the fighting is) and improve their stats.
Elite Warlord Tanvir
Techfreak
Return of Yavin
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

ViciousFett
01.02.2014 , 01:17 AM | #10

As a DPS that is frequently on the top of the rankings for both wins and losses of matches, I can tell you good dps feel this way about healers too. It's not a L2P issue, its a OP FOTM healers issue, I agree merc and sorc are where they should be, but when you get enough cross-healing going there's nothing the DPS or Tanks can do. Especially if the other team isn't as blessed with healer numbers.
The Vicious Legacy
CE VIP