Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why I cant do Ops

TheSupaCoopa
01.01.2014 , 11:01 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaidensareno View Post
Are you being serious? You don't get any loot so you think raiding is pointless? Boo hoo. Run a TFB or an SnV 16m SM and need on what you actually need. Chances are that if you are running with a semi-decent group of players from a Pug run that no one will honest to god need Arkanian Gear. BASIC commendations give 69s. You shouldn't even be bothering to progress into 69s in the first place. Throw yourself in whatever you can get and use your elite commendations from the Ops you do run to pick up a set of 72s.

Your own failure to run groups isn't anyone's fault but your own. And if your server can't form pugs to run SM content, you might be on the wrong server.
That was kinda rude. I did need on all of the Ark drops. I also do have 4 pieces of verpine gear, an Ark implant(Vigilant HM farming FTW), and campaign implants(Will upgrade these).

Its not that I can't form SM PuGs(I said I did Xeno and TC), Its just I can't handle to the responsibility(Or maybe its a humility thing) of being a leader. I don't want to be one of those over geared turds you'd find in the group finder, but I do 55 HMs. I wanted ark gear because its got the set bonus(A boon for commando healers), and I'm not sure 61s are good enough for 55 SM ops.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

TheSupaCoopa
01.01.2014 , 11:03 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by grrrly View Post
You were very lucky to get anything in a 16 man Xeno run! And a common rule you'll see in ops for gear is a maximum of one set piece (Arkanian etc) per person for the entire operation, and that's only if you win the roll on one. A pug group certainly doesn't care if you want the gear, other people want to win the roll too and they probably need the pieces as much as you do.

If we could all walk out of an operation with a full set of gear, there wouldn't be any point in us doing that content again, would there? Gearing up is a process, run lots of ops, earn lots of comms and you'll get there. But remember that nobody owes you anything, and everyone else in the ops group is just as important as you are.
Actually, I didn't get anything from the Xeno run(Except some comms and 6 helixes).
Current 50's and 55's

Prototypemind
01.01.2014 , 11:06 AM | #23
This has basically become a thread for you to whine OP. I'm going to make this simple:

If you want to run raids, know the fights and explain them. Understand what basic loot rules are. I get the feeling that you'd set it to master looter and take every item that dropped if you could. As mentioned above, that is not how a raid works. It's progression, you get your gear over time.

Your posts come across as complaining over nothing, or worse still complaining over long-standing basic tenets of the game and raiding. Read more, complain less; you'll have a lot more fun. I'm not trying to be harsh here, but you really need to open your eyes to how you're handling things in these Ops you've been getting into and trying to run.

lordbadtamaru
01.01.2014 , 12:44 PM | #24
The entitlement of some people is hilarious. Its an OPERATION. There are 15 (or7) other *********** joes who MIGHT need said gear.

You aren't the only person in TOR. Stop acting like it. Its childish, really.
You know who I am. I am here to troll da mad dawg.
Eph u troll. l2p u wersd grdian l2p.
Jonny4GrdRep so devs listen, and cringe!

Eternalnight
01.01.2014 , 12:45 PM | #25
What? Seriously?
This guy actually expected that he and he alone gets every piece of loot that drops in the 2 ops runs he did?
Really?
And then he even comes to complain to forums when he didn't.

TheSupaCoopa
01.01.2014 , 03:50 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Prototypemind View Post
This has basically become a thread for you to whine OP. I'm going to make this simple:

If you want to run raids, know the fights and explain them. Understand what basic loot rules are. I get the feeling that you'd set it to master looter and take every item that dropped if you could. As mentioned above, that is not how a raid works. It's progression, you get your gear over time.

Your posts come across as complaining over nothing, or worse still complaining over long-standing basic tenets of the game and raiding. Read more, complain less; you'll have a lot more fun. I'm not trying to be harsh here, but you really need to open your eyes to how you're handling things in these Ops you've been getting into and trying to run.
I do read up on said mechanics. However, I am quite new to raiding, but I have learned a lot.

Most of the whining is venting. I was tired and annoyed, and I apologize for whining.
Current 50's and 55's

theUndead
01.01.2014 , 06:01 PM | #27
Guys quick being so harsh. I kinda understand where the OP is coming from. See I don't think it's a case of him not having the ability to run this groups. It's more on the lines that the actual act of leading is stressful for him. For myself I lead our guilds second team only occasionally because I get nervous when I lead. I know all the fights and I'm pretty well geared but I have this complex of letting people down. Anyway, the point is that I don't feel the OP is whining but rather a tad frustrated and feels the treadmill is getting tougher.

Just my 2c.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.