Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game feels abandoned

arunav
12.25.2013 , 12:45 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by errant_knight View Post
This isn't GW2. That being said, they wanted to have spontaneous events. They *tried* to have spontaneous events. The first Rakghoul event was awesome. It started with a newscast that we had no idea what was about. We had no idea what we'd find when we got there. It took days to unfold. And the whining was intense enough that they never tried that again.

If you want to place blame for the lack of spontaneous events, place the blame squarely on the many QQing players who want everything handed to them on a platter at a predetermined time so their ever so special selves don't miss anything, not on Bioware. That was the best thing they ever did in game and it will likely never happen again.
Have to agree with the reasoning here. Though, we'll never know what other events of this type may have been planned had F2P not happened.

With so many layoffs, there must have been a lot of projects that were abandoned. Example: I'm certain we would have had more objective-based pvp maps.

And, no, I'm not a pvp player, and am not commenting on the state of ground pvp. But it's pretty clear from the early game updates, ones that included Ops and a corresponding pvp map, that this was probably an approach that would be continued. After the layoffs, however, we never saw another objective-based map, save for Ancient Hypergate, which was clearly already well in the works or done that summer.

The only thing that has stayed a priority for sub-based updates are Ops. FPs and PvP maps got dropped.

Sindorin
12.25.2013 , 02:55 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
Because shipping a star wars game with a sub-par arcade on-rail shooter that looks like something i could get on my ipad then slightly improving it 2 years later is an exceptional example of Bioware's commitment to content.
You're acting as if space combat is the major part of the game. It's not.
< Decepticons >
a Social PvP & Light RP Guild on Ebon Hawk

lStillWantMySWG
12.30.2013 , 02:07 PM | #153
OP it is and my sig says it all...

HoloTweed
12.30.2013 , 02:16 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by lStillWantMySWG View Post
OP it is and my sig says it all...
Yes, your sig says it all, but sadly you don't realize what it really says about you. Everyone else does, though.

GalacticKegger
12.30.2013 , 02:26 PM | #155
I can definitely see how players who are stuck in a wishful thinking rinse & repeat cycle about how this game should have been an exact reincarnation of games they used to play and fell in love with might feel abandoned. There are those of us who have moved past that (i.e. adults) and play SWTOR for being SWTOR. We don't feel abandoned at all:

2.0 (4/9/2013)
- Planet: Makeb
- Operation: Scum & Villany
- HM FPs: Athiss, Cademimu, Hammer Station, Mandalorian Raiders

2.2 (6/12/2013)
- Operation: TFB NiM

2.3 (8/6/2013)
- 55 FPs: Czerka Corporate Labs, Czerka Core Meltdown
- Event: Bounty Contract Week

2.4 (10/1/2013)
- Operations: Dread Fortress, Dread Palace
- Mission Area: Oricon

2.5+ (12/3/2013 - present)
- Galactic Starfighter
- Return of the Gree event
- Return of the Life Day event

Not even close.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

lStillWantMySWG
12.30.2013 , 02:34 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
Yes, your sig says it all, but sadly you don't realize what it really says about you. Everyone else does, though.
it says that im a professional and logical mmo analyst who knows how to play hardball bc i'm not going to be ignorant of the facts, yes most of them may be negative but i live in a place called reality...

Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
I can definitely see how players who are stuck in a wishful thinking rinse & repeat cycle about how this game should have been an exact reincarnation of games they used to play and fell in love with might feel abandoned. There are those of us who have moved past that (i.e. adults) and play SWTOR for being SWTOR. We don't feel abandoned at all:

2.0 (4/9/2013)
- Planet: Makeb
- Operation: Scum & Villany
- HM FPs: Athiss, Cademimu, Hammer Station, Mandalorian Raiders

2.2 (6/12/2013)
- Operation: TFB NiM

2.3 (8/6/2013)
- 55 FPs: Czerka Corporate Labs, Czerka Core Meltdown
- Event: Bounty Contract Week

2.4 (10/1/2013)
- Operations: Dread Fortress, Dread Palace
- Mission Area: Oricon

2.5+ (12/3/2013 - present)
- Galactic Starfighter
- Return of the Gree event
- Return of the Life Day event

Not even close.
most of it lol pve... and some of it rehashed at tht...

JPryde
12.30.2013 , 02:37 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by lStillWantMySWG View Post
most of it lol pve... and some of it rehashed at tht...
The "lol pve" is what keeps games alive, that are not advertised as PvP games.

As a professional MMO analyist you surely know that SWTOR never claimed to be a PvP game and as such, PvP is nothing more than a side game with the main focus clearly being on "lol" PvE.

But everyone reading any post of you already realized, that you do not let your post be irritated by facts or logic
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Rileysoph
12.30.2013 , 02:40 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
. There are those of us who have moved past that (i.e. adults) and play SWTOR for being SWTOR. We don't feel abandoned at all:
"Those of us" meaning your own personal group of friends who happen to be adults? Because you don't speak on behalf of the entire "adult" community

lStillWantMySWG
12.30.2013 , 02:41 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
The "cartel market" is what keeps games alive, that are not advertised as PvP games.

As a professional MMO analyist you surely know that SWTOR never claimed to be a PvP game and as such, PvP is nothing more than a side game with the main focus clearly being on "lol" CM.

But everyone reading any post of you already realized, that you do not let your post be irritated by ignorance or white knighting
fix'd

lStillWantMySWG
12.30.2013 , 02:42 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by Rileysoph View Post
"Those of us" meaning your own personal group of friends who happen to be adults? Because you don't speak on behalf of the entire "adult" community
or the certain group of trolls on these forums who try & drive out any form of critcism and 'negativity'

/qft