Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Eric? Update as promised?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
12.29.2013 , 12:02 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
because without the cartel market this gear would be greens added as expansion drops in a year. or a new raid set
Well no... without the cartel market this gear would never have been added since the game would have been shut down a while ago...
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

Darth_Moonshadow's Avatar


Darth_Moonshadow
12.29.2013 , 12:32 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Well no... without the cartel market this gear would never have been added since the game would have been shut down a while ago...
^ Indeed. Not to mention you'd end up ditching the items anyway when you found a better set later.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

EzioMessi's Avatar


EzioMessi
12.29.2013 , 12:39 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Well no... without the cartel market this gear would never have been added since the game would have been shut down a while ago...
Ok, we all know that the CM became the game's life support when it was losing subs as fast it used to, and right to a now we all have this game to play and we owe it to the CM. We get that.

But seriously, why does *all* the good looking gear have to be from the Cartel Market? I mean, the Relnex Robes, Valiant Jedi Armor Set, Sanctified Caretaker Set, and so many others are available in the CM. Would it have hurt to make *one* bad-*** looking robe a super rare drop from an HM boss or available only to players who have a PvP rating? Something to incentivize playing the game at higher levels?

The Gree Event Legacy Gear is a step in the right direction, but IMO many more sets of gear need to be available by playing the game as well. Wait let me amend that. Not "as well". I meant "exclusively". There should be a ton of pieces of vanity items like Speeders (like the Desler series) or armor or customizations that are simply *not* available to people who dish out a ton of money. They are only available to people who play the game at higher levels.
Jung Ma - The Assassino Legacy <Dark Legion Empire>
Aetios - Level 55 Sentinel

Darth_Moonshadow's Avatar


Darth_Moonshadow
12.29.2013 , 12:47 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
Ok, we all know that the CM became the game's life support when it was losing subs as fast it used to, and right to a now we all have this game to play and we owe it to the CM. We get that.

But seriously, why does *all* the good looking gear have to be from the Cartel Market? I mean, the Relnex Robes, Valiant Jedi Armor Set, Sanctified Caretaker Set, and so many others are available in the CM. Would it have hurt to make *one* bad-*** looking robe a super rare drop from an HM boss or available only to players who have a PvP rating? Something to incentivize playing the game at higher levels?

The Gree Event Legacy Gear is a step in the right direction, but IMO many more sets of gear need to be available by playing the game as well. Wait let me amend that. Not "as well". I meant "exclusively". There should be a ton of pieces of vanity items like Speeders (like the Desler series) or armor or customizations that are simply *not* available to people who dish out a ton of money. They are only available to people who play the game at higher levels.
The Cartel Market gets the good looking gear because it's just all aesthetic pleasures. It has no actual combat value unless you play the game to get the mods to do it. It doesn't really matter if you get the entire Valiant Jedi set, because a person wearing Column will come by and destroy you. Cartel sets are just for looks. They have no power, so if you want to be powerful and look good, you have to do both. But, as it is a fact, you don't have to buy sets from the Market. You can buy them all on the GTN using credits, which you get by playing the game. In essence, you already have what you desire. You play the game and get the best looking gear.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
12.29.2013 , 01:39 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Primarch_PWnD View Post
Why is that? Why refuse to give players the very reasons we fell in love with this universe in the first place? It makes no sense.
Probably for the same reason that, considering he is the main villain, hardly ever appears in the game at all and is tied to a final fight of a flashpoint and not an operation and is killed way too easily.

BW doesn't have a damn clue what they are doing.

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
12.29.2013 , 02:22 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
Ok, we all know that the CM became the game's life support when it was losing subs as fast it used to, and right to a now we all have this game to play and we owe it to the CM. We get that.

But seriously, why does *all* the good looking gear have to be from the Cartel Market? I mean, the Relnex Robes, Valiant Jedi Armor Set, Sanctified Caretaker Set, and so many others are available in the CM. Would it have hurt to make *one* bad-*** looking robe a super rare drop from an HM boss or available only to players who have a PvP rating? Something to incentivize playing the game at higher levels?

The Gree Event Legacy Gear is a step in the right direction, but IMO many more sets of gear need to be available by playing the game as well. Wait let me amend that. Not "as well". I meant "exclusively". There should be a ton of pieces of vanity items like Speeders (like the Desler series) or armor or customizations that are simply *not* available to people who dish out a ton of money. They are only available to people who play the game at higher levels.
So you are saying that someone like me, who doesn't play much end-game since I want to do all 8 storylines (and still havn't) should not have access to the "cool stuff"?
Because that's what you are saying basically. You want stuff to be available only to the people who play the game at higher levels.
As it is right now, you can either buy it with real money, or you can play end game (dailies, ops and more) to make enough credits to buy it in-game off the GTN.
I'd say that is the best compromise to satisfy both those who do end-game and those who don't like end-game.

As to reputation stuff, just because there isn't a jedi outfit there yet, doesn't mean there won't be one in the future.
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
12.29.2013 , 02:41 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
So you are saying that someone like me, who doesn't play much end-game since I want to do all 8 storylines (and still havn't) should not have access to the "cool stuff"?
Because that's what you are saying basically. You want stuff to be available only to the people who play the game at higher levels.
Yes...That is the entire point of end game content.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
12.29.2013 , 07:38 AM | #128
The only thing I desire right now is a copy-paste of KotOR 1 and KotOR 2 robes. They're already doing that with other KotOR sets.

Sportiva's Avatar


Sportiva
12.29.2013 , 08:34 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Well no... without the cartel market this gear would never have been added since the game would have been shut down a while ago...
100% agree ... oh crap, that must be one of the signs of the impending apocalypse.
Master Jaice Jenod: Guardian Velo Jenx: GunslingerMaster Gira Jenx: Sage Major Jax’xen Jenod: Vanguard
Saen'a Jenod: Mercenary Dulymus Jenod: OperativeDarth Scoura: Assassin Darth Zetara: Marauder

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
12.29.2013 , 08:45 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
The only thing I desire right now is a copy-paste of KotOR 1 and KotOR 2 robes. They're already doing that with other KotOR sets.
Which means it is most likely coming... sooner or later.
I mean Jolee Bindo's outfit is already in-game.
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.