Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eric? Update as promised?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jacks-mask
12.21.2013 , 06:21 PM | #111
Great new-oh wait, the Cartel Market? I assumed my subscription was going to be enough, evidently not.

Seriously? I know that this Cartel stuff will never leave the game (how ridiculous would that be?) but come on, really? Why can you not add gear like this that the general player base will love without reaching into our pockets? Is it so hard to get some good gear like this by playing the game rather than spending more money to pay for it?

Maybe, even just once, we could experience this pleasure of getting a nice set of gear after earning it rather than people with more money getting the best looking sets..

mrfoughtforever
12.21.2013 , 07:01 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacks-mask View Post
Great new-oh wait, the Cartel Market? I assumed my subscription was going to be enough, evidently not.

Seriously? I know that this Cartel stuff will never leave the game (how ridiculous would that be?) but come on, really? Why can you not add gear like this that the general player base will love without reaching into our pockets? Is it so hard to get some good gear like this by playing the game rather than spending more money to pay for it?

Maybe, even just once, we could experience this pleasure of getting a nice set of gear after earning it rather than people with more money getting the best looking sets..
Not sure what you're raving about. You get a monthly stipend of cartel coins. It would be prudent to save them for the gear you just have to have, yes? Next time you post, read it over before hitting the submit button, to avoid further embarrassment.

Raansu
12.21.2013 , 07:29 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by mrfoughtforever View Post
Not sure what you're raving about. You get a monthly stipend of cartel coins. It would be prudent to save them for the gear you just have to have, yes? Next time you post, read it over before hitting the submit button, to avoid further embarrassment.
Ooooooo a whopping 500cc....

OddballEasyEight
12.22.2013 , 12:13 AM | #114

Easy peasy. You go play the game and earn the credits so you can buy it off the GTN when I put it up for sale.

But honestly, people need to stop whining about things coming out on the CM, because without it the game would be dead by now.

DraonaiMimnov
12.22.2013 , 12:18 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Lovethebeard View Post
Eric, what does "traditional" mean to you?
I think hes a rational thinker. Not every Jedi in the movies had the same robe as Obi Wan

AshlaBoga
12.22.2013 , 01:33 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Well, last reports were less than 350k subs... out of millions of players.
So it's not like the subs are keeping this game afloat.
The CM is the main income of the game, and the subs are just icing on the cake.

But calling the CM "life support" is dumb... if that is the case, you would have to call subs in WoW "Life support" too...

According to EA the CM is not the main income of the game.
Their most recent earnings report said that the CM was 50% of the income. And that the other 50% came from Subscriptions (and RotHC purchases).
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Rabenschwinge
12.28.2013 , 01:58 AM | #117
I would really love to see some solid numbers on the games turnover.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

RandomXChance
12.28.2013 , 03:15 PM | #118

The answer is right there in your own post. Knowing what we do of EA you think they would give for free what many people are willing to cough up CC for?

Not to mention, I have no great desire to make my Jedi look like a moisture farmer from Tatooine.

BrianDavion
12.28.2013 , 05:59 PM | #119

because without the cartel market this gear would be greens added as expansion drops in a year. or a new raid set

Primarch_PWnD
12.28.2013 , 10:08 PM | #120
Honestly, I don't think any feedback actually makes it back to the artists.

It's that, or they're doing it on purpose.

Since we know they get the feedback it looks like they're doing it on purpose.

Seriously, they're not going to "copy and paste" the outfit that's got a zillion-post request thread with half-a-zillion links to pictures of the same outfit? If that sounds like a good idea to anyone, they need to stop and reevaluate.

Do they truly believe we'll love their shoulder-padded-butt-flapped-can-opener-arms version of a "traditional Jedi robe" more than what we're asking for? Just give us what we're asking for! I don't understand why that's an issue. At this point, can you view it any differently than they won't do it simply because it's what we want? The request for this is as old as the game itself, and they manage to put out 5 new armors a month into cartel packs, it's not like the opportunity isn't there. Aren't we the ones paying them anyway? Without us whiney people making these requests, they wouldn't be getting paid.

The only company in 30 years to fail at capturing the look of Star Wars, and they refuse to "copy and paste" probably the most iconic look from the universe. Well, Darth Vader's is probably more iconic, but I suppose they refuse to give us Malgus' armor too (this setting's version of DV's).

Why is that? Why refuse to give players the very reasons we fell in love with this universe in the first place? It makes no sense.

On a semi-related note, we've also been asking for the Jedi Knight armor from the character select screen since launch, and they have also flat out refused to give us that one as well. If anyone can make any sense out of this, please enlighten me.
Profiteers of War and Destruction

Prophecy of the Five