Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vorpal's Official Midnight-Black Crystal Request Thread...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Cartel Market Suggestions
Vorpal's Official Midnight-Black Crystal Request Thread...

Vorpaledged
12.28.2013 , 01:38 PM | #1
Please sign and comment in this thread if you desire a Pure Black Crystal implemented in-game!

Darth_Moonshadow
12.28.2013 , 03:05 PM | #2
I think we used to have pure black crystals back in launch. They were some sort of rare crystal craft or some preorder thing. They got removed for some reason or another. /shrug
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Vorpaledged
12.28.2013 , 03:20 PM | #3
Hmm, don't remember any talk about Pure Black Crystals around the games launch. Haven't even seen any screenshots, posts or links of an existing All-Black Crystal, you could be right but I haven't seen any proof to make me think otherwise. I do still have some of my Pre-Order, Black-Yellow ones though.

Darth_Moonshadow
12.28.2013 , 03:24 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Vorpaledged View Post
Hmm, don't remember any talk about Pure Black Crystals around the games launch. Haven't even seen any screenshots, posts or links of an existing All-Black Crystal, you could be right but I haven't seen any proof to make think otherwise. I do still have some of my Pre-Order, Black-Yellow ones though.
It was a long time ago. All I remember is people got upset that a pure color crystal got retired after three months in game. Dunno if they were black, but I know it wasn't the ones we have now.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Vorpaledged
12.28.2013 , 03:28 PM | #5

Tatile
12.28.2013 , 03:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Vorpaledged View Post
However I did find this picture:
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/3...2052214425.jpg

from this French SWTOR French discussion:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6882153
Oh yeah, that crystal.

I heard a story about that one - don't know how true it is, mind. It's said the guy was given a black-core, white-crystal after Bioware accidentally deleted his character. Otherwise, it's supposedly GM-only.

Vorpaledged
12.28.2013 , 03:31 PM | #7
Maybe it was the Advanced White Crystals? I know they were absent for a while before bringing them back for about a week or two before patch 1.2 went live. They were then taken out again, until the Cartel Market's first shipment packs offered a chance to get them.

Zaitana
12.29.2013 , 12:41 AM | #8
yeah, that was the story. back before 1.2 they did the pure white crystals and a few peeps accidentally deleted theirs. when they put in a ticket, some of them got black core / white aura crystals as replacements. there has been a quiet clamor for this mythic crystal ever since. several data miners have turned up the black//white crystals in the code, as well as a few others that have yet to be seen in game anywhere.

all that said, I agree that this black/black concept would be most welcome. the black white would be moar welcomer

Magnusheart
12.29.2013 , 01:42 AM | #9
Black-Black Lightsaber crystal was made in EARLY ALPHA of the game before stats were put on crystals.

http://www.torhead.com/item/8TVgXAE/black-crystal

Now then, The crystal you are all asking about from what I see is the Black-White. http://www.torhead.com/item/4hq6qnD/...awkeye-crystal

These crystals were added back during the HK-51 Section X along with the Black-Cyan and Black-Magenta and also the Legacy Bound Cyan and Purple crystals.

Now, besides the picture I can confirm these crystals are legitimate. I actually had a GM restore my Purple Hawkeye and gave me the Legacy Bound version so I can have a purple crystal on a sith lowbie at lvl 7 if I wanted.

Now these yet to be seen in-game black cores are not public, they could be released to the game via future content. or etc.

CrazyMcGee
12.29.2013 , 06:41 AM | #10
I support this. Black crystal. Just black.

We wants it!