Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PVP is Awesome, Haters gonna hate...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP is Awesome, Haters gonna hate...

Cstain's Avatar


Cstain
12.24.2011 , 03:56 AM | #1
I have been reading the forums and it seems that everyone on here is just complaining about the PVP for whatever reason. It seems a large amount of issues are that people either think this game is to WoW or not enough WoW. I have played WoW since vanilla and up until their release of Cata. I really love SWTOR PVP, I am really enjoying jumping into the game and running around with my level 15 bounty hunter and still being able to decimate the enemy. The pvp is not perfect of course but it is very refreshing and enjoyable.

I have noticed a large amount of people complaining of the healing system as well. Although I have not healed in this game a friend who I have been playing with at times is really having no issues. He keeps himself up just fine in WZ's and when we play together it is fantastic. So for those of you having so much trouble or getting steamrolled it might be possible that you have poor skill at this game and your years of WoW skill did not transfer, Just some thoughts. Take it for what you want.

Polly_Pocket's Avatar


Polly_Pocket
12.24.2011 , 03:57 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cstain View Post
I am really enjoying jumping into the game and running around with my level 15 bounty hunter and still being able to decimate the enemy.
ROFL. I stopped there. Thank you for proving all the other threads correct.

Roastbeefandrice's Avatar


Roastbeefandrice
12.24.2011 , 03:58 AM | #3
Play a sith warrior or jedi knight.. the attack animations are like 2 seconds now add that to the global cd

Sarkahorus's Avatar


Sarkahorus
12.24.2011 , 04:15 AM | #4
Or better yet, try Republic, where 2/3 of your team is lvl 10-20 while at least half of Emppire team is between 30 and 50

Yossariank's Avatar


Yossariank
12.24.2011 , 04:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarkahorus View Post
Or better yet, try Republic, where 2/3 of your team is lvl 10-20 while at least half of Emppire team is between 30 and 50
Server-specific gripe, on a game that's been out for a week. Yeah, because this will hold true for ever and ever. For me personally, playing both republic and empire on two different servers, I must have just hit the jackpot because this has happened to me maybe twice, and I spent probably 70% of my playing time thusfar pvping. The horribly fail groups I've been in (which have been plenty) are running around aimlessly trying to kill people either by themselves, not guarding one of the voidstar doors, just flat out playing stupid, or unluckily lack any semblemce of heals, rather than getting housed by higher level toons.

Zetara's Avatar


Zetara
12.24.2011 , 05:18 AM | #6
I enjoy PVP, mainly because I consider my BH to be massively massively OP and the opponents I play against to be stupid. I'd love them to rebalance it all, but last night for example I won about 9 out of 10 matches and lost the other because both teams finished Voidster but they did it 4 seconds quicker. Huttball is just a free for all, but take for example the Voidster, as a BH attacking I just need to hover on the edges, take down targets with Tracer Missile which is way OP, as soon as the bomb is planted, hit Sweeping Blasters AOE on the door so anyone trying to defuse it is interrupted, it has a super fast cooldown so can hit it again, and again. Then the door blows up.

Defending the same thing, as soon as anyone tries to set it, AOE.

It's embarrassing how effective it is. It's made worse by the opposition doing nothing to stop you, it seems like everybody seems to ignore the agents/bounty hunters and has a major hard on for the jedis, if it has a lightsaber it gets swarmed, I hit death from above on the 4 people stood in a circle and get a ton of damage. Nobody seems to work in a team or come after the fringe players who seem to be left to do whatever they please. Finishing every match 44K/3D.

If teams worked together, PVP would be a much better experience for both sides, but some of the BH abilities are way overpowered.

Sarkahorus's Avatar


Sarkahorus
12.24.2011 , 05:20 AM | #7
Well, I am 37 on Rp - PvP and I practically live in warzones when online. I do not think the balance will change much, since Empire storylines are so much more interesting (Republic storyline is like the cheap Allied/NATO war - propaganda - utterly naive, at least compared to Empire).

But I do not call for Empire nerfs or something. I still enjoy the game immensely, despite the population imbalance factor.

Mortal_Sword's Avatar


Mortal_Sword
12.24.2011 , 05:25 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zetara View Post
I enjoy PVP, mainly because I consider my BH to be massively massively OP and the opponents I play against to be stupid. I'd love them to rebalance it all, but last night for example I won about 9 out of 10 matches and lost the other because both teams finished Voidster but they did it 4 seconds quicker. Huttball is just a free for all, but take for example the Voidster, as a BH attacking I just need to hover on the edges, take down targets with Tracer Missile which is way OP, as soon as the bomb is planted, hit Sweeping Blasters AOE on the door so anyone trying to defuse it is interrupted, it has a super fast cooldown so can hit it again, and again. Then the door blows up.

Defending the same thing, as soon as anyone tries to set it, AOE.

It's embarrassing how effective it is. It's made worse by the opposition doing nothing to stop you, it seems like everybody seems to ignore the agents/bounty hunters and has a major hard on for the jedis, if it has a lightsaber it gets swarmed, I hit death from above on the 4 people stood in a circle and get a ton of damage. Nobody seems to work in a team or come after the fringe players who seem to be left to do whatever they please. Finishing every match 44K/3D.

If teams worked together, PVP would be a much better experience for both sides, but some of the BH abilities are way overpowered.
Because you can do all that dumb crap from halfway across the map. It's not that people are bad, it's that there are four to five of you BH's doing the same thing.
Ammanas <Onward>
Jedi Shadow - Mind Trick

Zetara's Avatar


Zetara
12.24.2011 , 05:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mortal_Sword View Post
Because you can do all that dumb crap from halfway across the map. It's not that people are bad, it's that there are four to five of you BH's doing the same thing.
No it's not, it's because the republic players are lazy and don't bother trying.

There were no more than 2/3 players on my team last night as BHs, and the halfway across the map bit is BS. I have the same range as anyone with force leap to get to me. I can also be stunned. Does anyone bother trying? No. They see a lightsaber and they immediately home in on that and leave the agents/bounty hunters to do what they want.

So while I agree that the BH abilities are OP and need to be looked at, tracer missile for example, the opposite team need to also play better. I must have been attacked about 5 times in 10 games last night. We just seem to be left to our own devices.

eloco's Avatar


eloco
12.24.2011 , 05:31 AM | #10
PVP still feels like its in Alpha.
January/4/2011 Leader of the 'Useless elevator outside D7 Flashpoint entrance Fanclub'.