Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

fire-breath
12.23.2013 , 12:41 PM | #1581
Went with Abe to Czerka labs earlier today. I queued together with a guildie sentinel. In the beginning all was normal. We greeted each other and started to kill trash.
Everything was well until we got to the 2nd hiddenkey location. Somehow my sentinel guildy pulled the next trashmob while I was searching in the room for the 2nd key. When I noticed the group was under attack allready some of us died. Luckely I could finish the mobs of on my own.

Somehow the healer decided to use the jump down tactic to skip some trashmobs. While this was perfectly normal he thought it was a good idea to activate the droidboss in the water before we jumped down.
My guildy and I jumped down, but somehow my guildy managed to jump a tad to far and came to close to the droid. This started the bossfight with both him and me (the tank) at 5% HP. The healer didnt managed to heal the sentinel up in time which lead to his death when the water got electrified. After the electrified water he got rezzed. However the next phase with electrified water started before he was healed up again, again he died.

While this was quite unfortunate and my guildy was clumpsy the healer felt it necessary to call my guildy names (in the lines of 'omg how can you be that bad'). Suffice to say that we votekicked him out. With the new healer we continued on our merry way.

I still don't know why he thought he could get away with it while grouped with 2 from the same guild.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger Sãrãh - Shadow Tank

PugsloveHP - the 50k HP commando DPS/healer

ELRunninW
12.23.2013 , 05:58 PM | #1582
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
I still don't know why he thought he could get away with it while grouped with 2 from the same guild.
Perhaps healer did not know that puggin with guildie increases skills somehow.

jeniyagyu
12.24.2013 , 03:50 AM | #1583
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Went with Abe to Czerka labs earlier today. I queued together with a guildie sentinel. In the beginning all was normal. We greeted each other and started to kill trash.
Everything was well until we got to the 2nd hiddenkey location. Somehow my sentinel guildy pulled the next trashmob while I was searching in the room for the 2nd key. When I noticed the group was under attack allready some of us died. Luckely I could finish the mobs of on my own.

Somehow the healer decided to use the jump down tactic to skip some trashmobs. While this was perfectly normal he thought it was a good idea to activate the droidboss in the water before we jumped down.
My guildy and I jumped down, but somehow my guildy managed to jump a tad to far and came to close to the droid. This started the bossfight with both him and me (the tank) at 5% HP. The healer didnt managed to heal the sentinel up in time which lead to his death when the water got electrified. After the electrified water he got rezzed. However the next phase with electrified water started before he was healed up again, again he died.

While this was quite unfortunate and my guildy was clumpsy the healer felt it necessary to call my guildy names (in the lines of 'omg how can you be that bad'). Suffice to say that we votekicked him out. With the new healer we continued on our merry way.

While the jumping down didn't seem that bad, activating the boss before everyone was ready was a really stupid idea. I don't know how they thought it was a good idea and if they were smart, they would have realized that people would need to heal up after jumping down. In the end, calling people names would have been a vote kick in my book no matter what happened.
55 Shadow - 55 Sage - 55 Gunslinger
55 Assassin - 55 Sorcerer - 55 Operative - 55 Juggernaut
~Just wants to raid and have fun. Seriously, Guild Politics make me want to /wrists.~

Leiryat
12.24.2013 , 05:34 AM | #1584
The way I have experienced that FP is, wait until everyone is in front of the forcefield and healed up again, THEN activate the droid.
And yeah, calling people names would lead to a votekick as well as a place on my igno list.

fire-breath
12.24.2013 , 06:52 AM | #1585
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
Perhaps healer did not know that puggin with guildie increases skills somehow.
Nah, usually when I pug with (certain) guildies my skill rapidly decreases as they like to troll around a lot :P
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger Sãrãh - Shadow Tank

PugsloveHP - the 50k HP commando DPS/healer

TheSupaCoopa
12.24.2013 , 12:06 PM | #1586
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
Goes to show that anyone can get high gear these days.
Duran'del here:

I can't. Then again I don't raid, but raids are really hard, and I main a tank, and I suck at tanking(If anyone's been in a group with me they know I am).

I use my DCDs, I hold threat well, I have a rotation, but I still die(Because I sux) and I'm in 162 rating gear with 168 rating boots, almost fully augmented with Obroan FR and RW relics. I Aldo don't stack endurance or defense(I'm going to replace a few Defense augs with Shield or absorb when I get a char with Armormech leveled up.
No matter what people think, gear doesn't prove how good a player is.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

Nuald
12.24.2013 , 03:21 PM | #1587
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSupaCoopa View Post
I Aldo don't stack endurance or defense(I'm going to replace a few Defense augs with Shield or absorb when I get a char with Armormech leveled up.
GTN price for prototype augments is around 10k, don't wait but just buy and make better stat distribution. Also skill tree matters (e.g. many VG making mistake selecting Soldier's Endurance and Blaster Augs).

Quote:
Completely agree, I've stopped counting times when I see overgeared TK sages spamming disturbance without Tidal Wave proc, sentinels spamming AoE attacks, running out of rage and switching to basic attacks (no proccing, no rage management, just dumb hitting the buttons). Mostly when I see dps >35k HP, I inspect the gear immediately, became dissappointed (really, who cares about accuracy and crits, POWER ME, GIMME THE POWER or even ENDURANCE) and they prove my concerns by horribly playing the class later.

Just a small example, one day I've seen a gunnery commando dps in HM TC in full 180, he refused to attack adds ("because I do a lot of damage, I'll concentrate on the main big guy"), but it didn't stop him from using Mortar Volley (expensive aoe attack which would fit perfectly for attacking adds, however he used it on the main boss).

TarisKnight
12.25.2013 , 04:46 AM | #1588
Had a pretty weird experience a couple of days ago in a lv. 50 HM flashpoint. 3 members of our group wanted to go rather slow, do the bonus objectives, and one of us apparently was a rusher and sky-rocketed forward faster than we could look. We asked him several times politely to slow down and help us with some of the mobs in front of the bonus objectives, but to no avail. At a later stage we arrived at the bonus boss - just we three, the fourth player waited already at the exit to the main and final encounter. Several times I asked to join us, but nothing. So we did all the bonus objectives without him - but when we finally caught up with him to continue the main objectives, he continued with us (so he definitely wasnīt afk or had connection problems). Now the weird thing was that he also didnīt say anything. He could have said something like "guys sorry, didnīt get much time, need to leave, can we make fast"? But nothing. So eventually we finished the flashpoint - not a second after finished he quit the group - no thanks, no bye. One of the other players hypothesized that maybe he was very new to the game, didnīt know the mechanics or didnīt know how to use the chat. But he was lv. 55 and when I inspected him he had quite advanced gear. I canīt possibly imagine that he didnīt know how to use chat. So, in a certain way, that was the weirdest experience I had so far in a flashpoint.

Prototypemind
12.25.2013 , 10:43 AM | #1589
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSupaCoopa View Post
Duran'del here:

I can't. Then again I don't raid, but raids are really hard, and I main a tank, and I suck at tanking(If anyone's been in a group with me they know I am).

I use my DCDs, I hold threat well, I have a rotation, but I still die(Because I sux) and I'm in 162 rating gear with 168 rating boots, almost fully augmented with Obroan FR and RW relics. I Aldo don't stack endurance or defense(I'm going to replace a few Defense augs with Shield or absorb when I get a char with Armormech leveled up.
If nothing else you could run 55HMs to get the daily and weekly bonuses. That would put you in 72 and 78 pieces all around, if slowly. You can also get a full set of 69 gearing from completing Oricon and doing one weekly, plus the relics for completing DF and DP the first time.

If you do really want to improve your tactics there are good videos out there on how to tank. You're the main tank as you said, so take yourself to that next level.

TheSupaCoopa
12.25.2013 , 10:53 AM | #1590
Quote: Originally Posted by Prototypemind View Post
If nothing else you could run 55HMs to get the daily and weekly bonuses. That would put you in 72 and 78 pieces all around, if slowly. You can also get a full set of 69 gearing from completing Oricon and doing one weekly, plus the relics for completing DF and DP the first time.

If you do really want to improve your tactics there are good videos out there on how to tank. You're the main tank as you said, so take yourself to that next level.
What I meant by "I main a tank" is that my tank is my main Character. I say that because I'm kinda an altaholic
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon