Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game feels abandoned

Hambunctious
12.24.2013 , 01:31 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
The game does indeed feel abandoned.

I was doing that Gree "find droids on different planets" quest thingy and planet populations were around 40-50. This means that I've met two Republic and one Imperial player while doing a quest that takes me to six different planets. I felt really lonely and had it not been for Akaavi to keep me company, I might have called it quits and jumped into the Sarlacc pit.
She's not much company, and the sarlacc probably has more interesting conversation, my condolences.

Eillack
12.24.2013 , 10:59 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
Because shipping a star wars game with a sub-par arcade on-rail shooter that looks like something i could get on my ipad then slightly improving it 2 years later is an exceptional example of Bioware's commitment to content.
You won the Internet.

This is exactly why Star Citizen won me over already.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Hambunctious
12.24.2013 , 11:45 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
You won the Internet.

This is exactly why Star Citizen won me over already.
That, or Elite: Dangerous. They both have their pluses with what I've seen so far.

Prototypemind
12.24.2013 , 12:25 PM | #134
Hilarious. The skeleton crew of remaining devs--compared to when this all began--put in the work to bring something different, something you won't experience a variation of in most other MMOs not particularly dedicated to space combat, and so many choose to disparage it. Is it perfect, no. I don't even play it, but it is a fun addition for a lot of players.

We have the additions of Makeb and Oricon, Bounty Hunter Week, GSF, the continuation of the Gree, Czerka with a rewarding weekly if nothing else, Rakghouls coming back at some point, new speeders, gear, etc. On top of that, there have been HUGE optimization improvements in the engine and graphics in just the past few months. I really don't know why I'm posting this as others have already done so repeatedly and been ignored by those who just want to whine because this or that isn't exactly how they want it.

If you're playing this game when what you want is a space combat based MMO, why did you ever sub in the first place? People say I'm going to go play this, or this game does it better, but there's really not anything else out there that tries to offer as much diversity with a coherent, cohesive storyline, mostly polished graphics, continuous development, real world interaction and q&a--Cantina Events--and on top of it lore based off of a series that remains so popular.

Anyway, I'm preaching to the choir here. Those who enjoy the game see its flaws and still appreciate it for what it is. Some will never be satisfied, and others burn through content and move on, so it is what it is.

Phrase
12.24.2013 , 12:55 PM | #135
I wish they'd do more in-game interaction. They're on the right track with the GSF streaming and the pvp they did in arenas. I think they could do more on the pve side. In other MMOs I've played, the community devs would spawn in and randomly spawn monsters, e.g. in SWG (I know, I know) I remember when one of the community devs spawned into Theed starport and spawned Rancors, Nightsisters, some of the rarer bosses (which also counted for badges) all while dancing around and interacting with crowd. He even took requests for spawns.

I think it would be cool for the community team (who are already no doubt over-worked) to do more of this in game. It would also be cool if they invested in making their twitch stream higher quality and featuring player organized events such as some of the dueling tourneys and OW pvp events, as well as some of the top-end progression guilds doing walk-throughs.

And to the haters who'll no doubt flame this; here I cooked up some bacon for you.

Sixgun
The Bastion

ELRunninW
12.24.2013 , 03:15 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by HexDecimalUK View Post
EDIT: TLDR: Yes i mean this game needs more live dynamic events to bring the galaxy to life, including making use of the slowly added content.
Why should community not take part in organizing events. Open area pvp event does not need anyone but players to make something happen. What have you done to improve the experience? Dont wait for 'dev's to give you something to do.

arunav
12.24.2013 , 07:12 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Prototypemind View Post
Hilarious. The skeleton crew of remaining devs--compared to when this all began--put in the work to bring something different, something you won't experience a variation of in most other MMOs not particularly dedicated to space combat, and so many choose to disparage it. Is it perfect, no. I don't even play it, but it is a fun addition for a lot of players.

We have the additions of Makeb and Oricon, Bounty Hunter Week, GSF, the continuation of the Gree, Czerka with a rewarding weekly if nothing else, Rakghouls coming back at some point, new speeders, gear, etc. On top of that, there have been HUGE optimization improvements in the engine and graphics in just the past few months. I really don't know why I'm posting this as others have already done so repeatedly and been ignored by those who just want to whine because this or that isn't exactly how they want it.

If you're playing this game when what you want is a space combat based MMO, why did you ever sub in the first place? People say I'm going to go play this, or this game does it better, but there's really not anything else out there that tries to offer as much diversity with a coherent, cohesive storyline, mostly polished graphics, continuous development, real world interaction and q&a--Cantina Events--and on top of it lore based off of a series that remains so popular.

Anyway, I'm preaching to the choir here. Those who enjoy the game see its flaws and still appreciate it for what it is. Some will never be satisfied, and others burn through content and move on, so it is what it is.
I think the point is that, though the things you mentioned are good additions to the game, our subscription dollars and all the CM profits being made should make for greater improvements. If that requires additional staff, hire them.

Case in point: the last flashpoint added (Czerka) was terrible in quality compared to the originals. The upcoming one sounds strange as well (how can a FP level-neutral?!).

Objective-based ground pvp seems given up on. This is primarily a PVE game, I understand, and one that is story driven. But we've barely seen any updates to the story since launch. And, no, operations don't add much to this.

Basically, EA is making plenty of money on SWTOR at this point. I highly doubt EA would have called it "profitable" otherwise, after the poor 2012 year. It's time we hopefully see this put back into the game and not get the bare minimum necessary to keep the game running, at a markedly lower quality than the original release.

Zorvan
12.24.2013 , 07:41 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
Why should community not take part in organizing events. Open area pvp event does not need anyone but players to make something happen. What have you done to improve the experience? Dont wait for 'dev's to give you something to do.
Open area PvP is nice for those who like open PvP, or even PvP at all.

Now what about the other 90% of the games population?
Thinking of returning to SWToR as a subscriber, or want to subscribe for the first time?
Please use my referral so we both get cool stuff. Thanks.
http://www.swtor.com/r/V7xMPn

Jrea
12.25.2013 , 01:42 AM | #139
It Has been abandoned,

EA had to make sure the game became the biggest mmo in the world, they did this by stripping it down and turning it into a nice safe wow clone. To everyone surprise this didn't work?

Numbers were up, then they were down, fixes didn't happen(that would cost money) and after the share holders heads started exploding EA panicked and turned it into dying cash cow.

.........After finishing your class story its really not worth continuing unless you want to start another character. What made the game interesting is pretty much gone, so unless you like cut and paste content I would suggest another Game.

IStillWantMySWG
12.25.2013 , 01:50 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorvan View Post
Open area PvP is nice for those who like open PvP, or even PvP at all.

Now what about the other 90% of the games population?
citation required