Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any plans for adding new playable species? Togruta maybe?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Cartel Market Suggestions
Any plans for adding new playable species? Togruta maybe?

Saito_Hiraga
12.20.2013 , 10:12 AM | #21
I heard from a friend who assisted to one of the latest cantina tours that someone asked if they where going to add new species to the game; Question that Damion Schubert answered saying that they are MUCH more open to alien species than previously, and that it certainly is NOT out of the realm of possibility. He said they pay close attention to the Polls that forum users make regarding species, and that if you really want a particular one vote for it. He also told that Ithorians and Trandoshans would require either a lot of their own gear, or wear invisible gear. He was not scared to talk about it though. He seemed like he was for the idea of adding Ithorians and other more alien races. (Which I thought was very difficult, and insane just to imagine how the kiss scenes would look like lol.)
And that there is a new Specie being worked on. In exoticness its somewhere "Between Cathar and Twi'lek". So expect it to be a little more than just a reskinned Human.

DOHboy
12.20.2013 , 10:52 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Zidovain View Post
Yoda's species! Whatever it's called
Technically that IS what its called.

and keep dreaming.

Jarl_Reinhart
12.21.2013 , 01:30 AM | #23
I would love to play as a Togruta

MasterLeavitt
12.21.2013 , 05:18 PM | #24
I really hope the next ( super secret ) species is togruta. I've been waiting to play one since beta. If this became a option I would play a whole lot more then I do now and I'd be more willing to keep subbing. I will keep my fingers crossed but I'm not holding out much hope. I've had too much experience with game publishers who release the exact opposite of what people actually want to pay for.

ZakRoks
12.24.2013 , 11:43 AM | #25
Though Bioware may not do this, I would just to preserve continuity. I would make Togrutas available for all republic classes for free and make Empire character have to buy it, because you never see and Imperial Togrutas. (Ashara doesn't count) I would also add another spieces that would be empire aligned and they would get it for free and Republic people would have to pay for it. But the Imperial species, like Togrutas, would have to very customizable and be able to speak Basic and wear all clothes, even if headgear would not look perfect or just not show up. Any suggestions for the Imperila spieces?

Orlogg
12.25.2013 , 03:44 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Alenaar View Post
Now with all due respect to everyone, SWTOR characters already look really similar. Recolored humans with different hairdresses, little spikes on face, Twi'lek is the only one who has something "really different".

What I am saying is, that I can hardly find any excuse. Species are supposed to be different, giving as an apology ...
this... That sounds like saying "Ummm...we cannot put in this race, cause it is different".
I suppose that it's not only the body type, but also the facial features that limit the devs to semi-human aliens.

The playable aliens are not the best part of the game, to put it mildly. I was never even happy about Timothy Zahn's creation of the Chiss. In favour of such aliens, it might be suggested that these are actually human subspecies, cut off from mainstream humanity by reproductive isolation during millennia. To reconcile with this idea, I now have a Chiss Mercenary

Anyway, I'd rather see playable Rodians, Aqualish, Ithorians, Mon Calamari etc. but I realize this would make things considerably more contemplated for the developers.

Orlogg
12.25.2013 , 03:47 PM | #27
Btw I also find it odd that Cyborgs can only be human based (at least, the character creation interface gave me that impression). Don't Chiss and Twilek enhance themselves to such a degree?

Saito_Hiraga
12.25.2013 , 08:35 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Orlogg View Post
Btw I also find it odd that Cyborgs can only be human based (at least, the character creation interface gave me that impression). Don't Chiss and Twilek enhance themselves to such a degree?
The Bounty Contractor in Dromund Kaas is a Cyborg Chiss... lol

But I agree, Cyborgs shouldn't be considered as species, Cybog should be an extra customization option on ALL species.

rynlath
12.26.2013 , 01:39 AM | #29
I agree about the cyborg, personally I think it was a cheap way to add another class without much work as it would have been to add an alien race. All the cyborg is, is a human face with a few things added to it

DarthDymond
12.26.2013 , 01:46 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Saito_Hiraga View Post
The Bounty Contractor in Dromund Kaas is a Cyborg Chiss... lol

But I agree, Cyborgs shouldn't be considered as species, Cybog should be an extra customization option on ALL species.
Agreed, but since that ship has sailed hopefully they'll add new "base" humanoid species to the Cyborg as unlockable customizations, the way they've added new hair styles to Humans and new tattoos to Mirialans.

(Actually, just thought of a possible issue with that - does anyone know if conversations that play out differently depending on whether the player is a Human or an Alien treat the Cyborgs as Human?)
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain