Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game feels abandoned

LegoUniverseBC
12.16.2013 , 02:46 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
Nobody is making you run the event, why would it bother you if others had the chance more often?
I don't run the event anymore. I think they should make it be every 2 months now since it comes way too often to be a event.
More like a boring daily.

Elfa
12.16.2013 , 03:06 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by LegoUniverseBC View Post
I don't run the event anymore. I think they should make it be every 2 months now since it comes way too often to be a event.
More like a boring daily.
Well, I can see what you mean.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Farstrider
12.16.2013 , 03:08 PM | #123
Abandoned.

I am sure you have only the best intentions hereabouts but SWTOR is hardly abandoned. Anyone who has even a passing interest or who logs in occassionally to SWTOR can see that.

Nonetheless, I agree with your message if not its phrasing and medium. SWTOR could benefit from more dynamic and spontaneous mechanics, though they are often the features of more sandbox, old school MMOs.

Elfa
12.16.2013 , 03:12 PM | #124
Well, the game isn't abandoned but I do agree that they could use more interesting things going on more often.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

IStillWantMySWG
12.23.2013 , 07:26 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
Well, the game isn't abandoned but I do agree that they could use more interesting things going on more often.
no it is...

if it wasn't tere would be cross-server and a thriving pvp community

Elly_Dawn
12.23.2013 , 08:04 PM | #126
i love this misconception that the PvP community is the measure of an MMO... absolutely hysterical...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

mecher
12.23.2013 , 08:07 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Elly_Dawn View Post
i love this misconception that the PvP community is the measure of an MMO... absolutely hysterical...
Especially in a game built on anything but PvP.

deathsg
12.23.2013 , 08:20 PM | #128
they really need the ability to have open space movement. like if one side decided to build a big fleet with a bunch of people and go raid the other sides fleet and have a huge Star Wars Space Battle. that would be like the greatest thing ever.

TravelersWay
12.23.2013 , 08:32 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by HexDecimalUK View Post
EDIT: TLDR: Yes i mean this game needs more live dynamic events to bring the galaxy to life, including making use of the slowly added content.
You don't like the repeatable stuff already because it feels like a grind, but you are asking for exactly more of that stuff to be added to the game, only under the guise of a different name. No matter what you call it, or how you dress it up, it will all be the same grind day after day once the novelty wears off.
Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Character Page with music and Quest Lists ~~ Our Life Day video

Handy Dandy Flowchart for commenting on forums

slafko
12.24.2013 , 01:08 AM | #130
The game does indeed feel abandoned.

I was doing that Gree "find droids on different planets" quest thingy and planet populations were around 40-50. This means that I've met two Republic and one Imperial player while doing a quest that takes me to six different planets. I felt really lonely and had it not been for Akaavi to keep me company, I might have called it quits and jumped into the Sarlacc pit.