Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Internet Disconnecting when I play (Error code 9000)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Internet Disconnecting when I play (Error code 9000)

J-Hunter
12.23.2013 , 05:53 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurreth View Post
Are they connected differently (wired vs. WLAN), using different OS versions, …?
Both connect through WLAN (like myself), One has the same OS version to me while the other has a different OS version. I have "Windows 7 Home Premuim, 64-bit OS", The others have "Windows 7 Home Premuim, 32-Bit OS" and lastly the other has "Window 8 64-Bit OS".

Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
What is the modem log reporting when this occurs ?
Read from bottom upwards, Bold and Underlined writing is my notes

Spoiler

OwenBrooks
12.23.2013 , 06:00 AM | #12
Looks like flood protection is triggering

Error Dec 23 21:38:14 IDS dos parser : udp flood (1 of 1) : 10.0.0.1 119.252.188.173 0100 UDP 58688->11580

Are you with vps.net ? AS45152 ZONENETWORKS-AS-AP Zone Networks Pty Ltd
Edit - Australia Perth Vps.net - Global Cloud Provider

Edit - this game as far as I know is TCP and not UDP, so its interesting its a udp flood

Suspect it is UPnP related

OwenBrooks
12.23.2013 , 06:11 AM | #13
I found one relevant thread with the exact same modem on another forum I am on - http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1510617

Advice then was
On the left hand menu.. click Thomson Gateway.. Configuration..

On the screen that opens, click on the Configure on the far right near the top.. this is important to understand how the gui works.. there are multiple screens and you need to get familiar with this.

System Configuration

Web Browsing Interception: Select disabled.

Edit - seems to be a re-occurring thing with this model - http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1548175 and http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum....cfm?t=1458910 and same udp flood again - http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1596763

It is also referenced as DoS - Denial of Service settings

Edit - you may need to do the below in the spoiler
Spoiler

Laurreth
12.23.2013 , 06:37 AM | #14
Are you sure your machine hasn't been co-opted as a zombie in some botnet?
Rüstige Rentner auf Jar'Kai Sword — schau einfach mal rein ☺
“I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up” — rantboi

OwenBrooks
12.23.2013 , 06:40 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurreth View Post
Are you sure your machine hasn't been co-opted as a zombie in some botnet?
Good thought - why I asked if he was with VPS.NET , it comes back as - Australia Perth Vps.net - Global Cloud Provider and is owned by Zone Networks.

J-Hunter
12.23.2013 , 07:04 AM | #16
I configured my modem just like you advised, it seemed to have extend the time I could play before the modem would disconnect. Though the internet seems to have come back online much, much faster this time round as if it never went off. I would need to do more tests to confirm this.

As for VPS.net I have never really heard of it before let alone used it, not sure why it would be appearing in my modem logs.

OwenBrooks
12.23.2013 , 07:08 AM | #17
It is worthwhile using Spybot search and destroy and/or malwarebytes just to be sure nothing nefarious is on that system.

Edit - you can check if that IP is assigned to the modem or is the next hop out on a tracert, if it isn't then above is very worthwhile

Laurreth
12.23.2013 , 08:15 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by J-Hunter View Post
As for VPS.net I have never really heard of it before let alone used it, not sure why it would be appearing in my modem logs.
Maybe some VoIP software (TS, Mumble, Vent, …) or VPN service like Hamachi? The address just looks like some random box at a hoster, so that alone isn't much to go by.

You can use Windows Resource Monitor (press Windows key, type "resource monitor", it should show up) to show which applications are using network resources, maybe something shows up there.
Rüstige Rentner auf Jar'Kai Sword — schau einfach mal rein ☺
“I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up” — rantboi

J-Hunter
12.23.2013 , 08:33 AM | #19
I do have hamachi, so I guess that would be the it.

OwenBrooks
12.23.2013 , 08:48 AM | #20
As it is listed as a udp flood you could narrow down if it is on your system by the IP address possibly

Open a command prompt as administrator

netstat -n -p udp -b | more

Press Enter. (the | is obtained by shift-backslash)

Many lines of text will appear associated with programs you have open that require a network connection of some kind (in this case we narrowed it down to UDP connections only).