Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

icrusoe
12.13.2011 , 03:09 PM | #7241
Quote: Originally Posted by Sigima View Post
Whats funny, is the people who are refreshing this thread are all the people who are not in the game and ************ about it.

Those who got in are happily playing and don't give a rats *** about this EPIC thread.

Their loss!.. sure, they have some silly game to play, but we.. WE HAVE THIS THREAD!
This made me lol
Hey.. I died again...

JavierPazdan
12.13.2011 , 03:09 PM | #7242
WHAT IS THIS BIOWARE? I have entered code 30 July and I didnt get my invite to game today...
Some ppl withone have entered code after November are playing game.

Some kind of Joke?

mizura
12.13.2011 , 03:09 PM | #7243
Wait and you play before the 20th if you complain then they'll take your account and make you WAIT LONGER!!
oooh blasty

Macaro
12.13.2011 , 03:09 PM | #7244
Quote: Originally Posted by Rakashua View Post
THIS SAYS IT ALL!! COPY AND PASTE SO THEY GET THE MESSAGE!

Originally Posted by Kinegos
This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out. ! !!! !
Pathetic spammer is pathetic
Smuggler scrapper. Malgus will never see me coming.

Freshless
12.13.2011 , 03:09 PM | #7245
Quote: Originally Posted by HazardOOI View Post
I took the time to actually read a page of this thread, and in that time it grew another 7 pages.

I wonder if anyone will even read this.... they might, but I'll never find their response.

edit: while I was typing this, it grew another 4 pages.
Your voice was heard! lol i love this thread.
Nothing ever lasts forever. And that's how its gonna stay.

anobel
12.13.2011 , 03:09 PM | #7246
: jawa_evil:

HazardOOI
12.13.2011 , 03:09 PM | #7247
Quote: Originally Posted by Bramblerose View Post
Your Response HazardOOI

I do hope he saw it.
haha, I've been skipping every other page, but somehow I found this! Thank you +1 faith in humanity.

Thirdstrike
12.13.2011 , 03:09 PM | #7248
Early Game Access Has Begun
Fans who have pre-ordered STAR WARS: The Old Republic can now begin playing the game!

Tintedsun
12.13.2011 , 03:09 PM | #7249
i would have thought they would have at least gotten through the july pre-orders on day 1. that allows all the mistakes at game stores and people not knowing to log their codes on their account could have gotten in due to the lack of info from BW in the first place.

i pre-ordered on the 22nd, didnt know to upload my code till the 28th due to having no clue (a friend told me to log me code). this entire tiered/wave/whatever is completely lame.

we know the servers are at light/standard statuses, live feeds have shown this.
My Suggestion for Open World PvP: Shield Generator Mass PvP

CE Edition Pre-Ordered

Khebeln
12.13.2011 , 03:09 PM | #7250
Eh this is taking forever...