Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Solo Player Class Choices?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Solo Player Class Choices?

Azreell_Asdeath
12.23.2011 , 04:19 PM | #1
Hello,

I have searched the forums a bit and did not come across the information I was looking for so figured I would make this post and ask some of the vets who have more experience with the game and it's classes then I do.

I am looking for a viable Solo Class , preferably ranged. I do enjoy grouping with others , but due to my current schedule I will be forced to play solo a lot more then most players. So from what I have experienced it seems BH's are pretty much the way to go? Or are there other options for solo ability? I have tried the JC (sage) and was truly enjoying that but once again I am a bit concerned as I require a class that can be very self sufficient.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank You.

VanorDM
12.23.2011 , 04:51 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Azreell_Asdeath View Post
I am looking for a viable Solo Class , preferably ranged.
Any class can solo in this game, some do it slower then others, but they can all do it thanks in part to the companions.

But for you I'd recommend a Smuggler/Gunslinger, either of the Trooper or Bounty Hunter AC's, a Jedi Sage with the Telekinesis tree, or a Imperial Agent/Sniper. Any one of those offers good ranged solo play.

Bounty Hunters/Troopers both are ranged with heavy armor, so they work well. A Jedi Sage can be quite effective solo, because even if you go with the ranged DPS tree (Telekinesis) you still get some heals you can use on yourself.

stealthrider
12.24.2011 , 02:42 AM | #3
Anything but a Sniper, unless you enjoy dying in every post-cutscene fight and being forced to rez and finish them on the second try.
 /l、
(゚、 。 7 - Adorable cat is adorable.
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ