Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Happy Two Year Anniversary from the Community Team

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Happy Two Year Anniversary from the Community Team
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
12.20.2013 , 09:24 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Musco, Amber, and I wanted to wish you, the community, a happy anniversary as well as share some memories and some news about the team!

Please feel free to share some of your own favorite SWTOR memories in this thread!

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

BurnedRemains
12.20.2013 , 09:46 AM | #2
Rakghoul plauge bombing people.

TUXs
12.20.2013 , 10:02 AM | #3
Good luck to you Amber! Sounds like an amazing opportunity for you - and I'm sure you'll be great at it!

And thank you to Courtney and Eric...I look forward to another year with you both
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Apeth
12.20.2013 , 10:05 AM | #4
Thanks guys, I've loved the last 2 years and can't wait to see what's to come. Starship customization and personalise of the interior pretty please.
Jeracho/Jera-cho/Ezekeol ' Triumvirate of the Grey'- Masters of Light and Dark, Darths of the Sith Empire. Memeber of the Apostles of the Force - Red Eclipse.

Jerba
12.20.2013 , 10:06 AM | #5
Nice to hear from the Community Team and all your happy memories.
I so want to see a photo of the Live Services area now. Do you have staff that monitors it like 24/7?

Amber always had the most demanding job of the three of you, from what I understand. She had to get up early for each maintenance and post patch notes and twitter updates, and would always be called in during the weekend when a server crashed. It's great to hear she stays at the company, and I am looking forward to hear about the new member to the Community Team.
See you at a cantina event!

Rhesus_TOR
12.20.2013 , 10:11 AM | #6
Ilum's forever night sky with comets shedding themselves over the backdrop of a distant galactic disc:

http://www.vtrii.com/swtor/loadingscreen_ilumsky.jpg
Quod Erat Demonstrandum baby!

DarthVengeant
12.20.2013 , 10:13 AM | #7
Ya, I would be jumping ship on this game as well if I were you.

I had some good times in it, but those times are quickly coming to an end. The slap in the face to subscribers, nickle and dime fest, and utterly lackluster "celebrations" just turns people away. How on earth someone thought that fireworks and a skin for a vehicle I will never use was a "reward" i will never understand. Bioware does NOT know how to party.

Face it. The only thing keeping this game alive (and me still playing) is the fact that it is Star Wars. If it wasn't it would have died long ago.

BadOrb
12.20.2013 , 10:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
Ya, I would be jumping ship on this game as well if I were you.

I had some good times in it, but those times are quickly coming to an end. The slap in the face to subscribers, nickle and dime fest, and utterly lackluster "celebrations" just turns people away. How on earth someone thought that fireworks and a skin for a vehicle I will never use was a "reward" i will never understand. Bioware does NOT know how to party.

Face it. The only thing keeping this game alive (and me still playing) is the fact that it is Star Wars. If it wasn't it would have died long ago.
*facepalm*

Iv'e had a great time over these two years too , hopefully many more are to come. Looking forward to a level cap increase and more missions! I thank the 3 of you and the rest of the team , keep up the good work.

Happy Holidays ,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Elfa
12.20.2013 , 10:44 AM | #9
One time the Community Team made a thread saying Happy Two Year Anniversary to us and asked us what our favorite memories were so I posted in it.

God those were good times, Happy Two Year Anniversary.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Andryah
12.20.2013 , 10:50 AM | #10
I have to say, 2 years really has flown by in SWTOR. Best first 2 years in an MMO ever. Different, but still the best.

Eric, I think almost everyone in the community would agree that you have been outstanding as Community Manager for the player base. Even the games harshest critics for the most part would agree with me here I think.

Amber, you have been one of a few persistent and familiar Bioware voices sharing space with us about the game since launch. I can only imagine the stories behind the scenes over the last two years as you walk the tightrope between the players and the Austin team. Grats on your new gig as Live Producer at BioWare Austin.

Courtney, those of us that have been here since the start I think will agree that your name tag on gold posts have represented sanity and patience in a sometimes chaotic stream of player frustrations. I'm not sure how you do that.. but kudos for what you do. Oh.. and can I haz a copy of that fancy excel spreadsheet in my stocking for Christmas? Yeah....didn't thinks so... but hey.. had to ask.

And, as I recall.. you guys work for Grant, right? And I'm sure he is lurking here... so I'd like to suggest that he makes sure to have lots of cool and special stocking stuffers for you guys.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.