Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Timer-based automatic stealth-breaker in arenas

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Timer-based automatic stealth-breaker in arenas

varietasplus's Avatar


varietasplus
12.20.2013 , 03:09 AM | #1
I would like to ask the developers to implement timer-based automatic stealth-breaker and higher cooldown on going into stealth again in arenas. The reason behind this suggestion is the pool of childish players who goes into stealth once they realize their team is going to lose and waste the others' time (2-3 minutes) until the self-destruct.

Hei_Atzfel's Avatar


Hei_Atzfel
12.20.2013 , 03:29 AM | #2
But it's funny on my op when it goes to sudden death and I win the round by outlasting your team
"Warlord Saeari Atzfel" 55 Deception Assassin
"Manhunter"
<Mahagony>
"Champion SayŠ Atzfel" 54 Concealment Operative

varietasplus's Avatar


varietasplus
12.20.2013 , 05:05 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hei_Atzfel View Post
But it's funny on my op when it goes to sudden death and I win the round by outlasting your team
Actually you have just admitted you expoited the system.

Texnolyze's Avatar


Texnolyze
12.20.2013 , 05:30 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by varietasplus View Post
I would like to ask the developers to implement timer-based automatic stealth-breaker and higher cooldown on going into stealth again in arenas. The reason behind this suggestion is the pool of childish players who goes into stealth once they realize their team is going to lose and waste the others' time (2-3 minutes) until the self-destruct.
So you want to nerf Concealment Operatives again?

Azzataky's Avatar


Azzataky
12.20.2013 , 05:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by varietasplus View Post
I would like to ask the developers to implement timer-based automatic stealth-breaker and higher cooldown on going into stealth again in arenas. The reason behind this suggestion is the pool of childish players who goes into stealth once they realize their team is going to lose and waste the others' time (2-3 minutes) until the self-destruct.
Yes, because of few punish all! Its like saying that some people on forums whine about normal things, so Bioware should close forums because there might be a stupid idea presented here.
- PvP is usualy won by players who know that giving up is not an option -

varietasplus's Avatar


varietasplus
12.20.2013 , 05:40 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Azzataky View Post
Yes, because of few punish all! Its like saying that some people on forums whine about normal things, so Bioware should close forums because there might be a stupid idea presented here.
Before you post your conclusion on a matter, it would be really nice to share the reasoning on it, because so far you have given no explanation why you would want to spend 2-3 minutes in stealth non-stop in an arena.

Azzataky's Avatar


Azzataky
12.20.2013 , 05:46 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by varietasplus View Post
Before you post your conclusion on a matter, it would be really nice to share the reasoning on it, because so far you have given no explanation why you would want to spend 2-3 minutes in stealth non-stop in an arena.
My reasoning is that some people abuse it, yes, those people are an issue. But its 2-3 minutes, its not gonna kill you. In Guild Wars 1 there were people runing away from enemies to troll them, sometimes long time. So what? You know that they are stupid, that they are not worthy oponents. Same here. But as I said, by making some stealth breaker would just punish the rest.

For ex. I've seen shadow to wait those 2 minutes in 4v4 and than he killed one of the enemies who were left so we won the round. Was fun to watch.

That is what you mean isn't it? 4v4 arenas where people wait till its first kill wins?
- PvP is usualy won by players who know that giving up is not an option -

madtycoon's Avatar


madtycoon
12.20.2013 , 05:48 AM | #8
should just add eyes that spawn in the corners of the map every 1 minute after the first 2 minutes

10-20% damage taken debuff when you pick them up
see stealth
30 second duration

Skinnychalk's Avatar


Skinnychalk
12.20.2013 , 07:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by varietasplus View Post
Actually you have just admitted you expoited the system.
Its not exploiting, Ive done it on my Operative sat in stealth in the middle of the map while the other team ran around looking for me and when the acid hit they all took acid dmg far before me so I won. is it really an exploit that people are dumb enough not to stand in the middle when the acid starts

varietasplus's Avatar


varietasplus
12.20.2013 , 07:33 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Azzataky View Post
My reasoning is that some people abuse it, yes, those people are an issue. But its 2-3 minutes, its not gonna kill you.
I bet you are young, 16-22 years old. Life is too short to waste 2-3 minutes idle in a game.

Quote: Originally Posted by Azzataky View Post
For ex. I've seen shadow to wait those 2 minutes in 4v4 and than he killed one of the enemies who were left so we won the round. Was fun to watch.
I doubt the purpose of an arena was to let a team win with first skill after having spent 3 minutes doing nothing. Also, I doubt it is right that a single stealther healer should win against 2 or 3 enemies at full health just because that player hid away for minutes and survived sudden death 1 sec longer.

Anyway, thank you for your responds, now that I realized I should expect stealthers to do this more and more often, I will no longer play arenas.