Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Ascending Empire

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Ascending Empire

Selenial
12.19.2013 , 04:48 PM | #701
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Fool, you were merely the false winner!

I just thought the post, worthy of mention.
Nope. I must win, the award was created for me... Mwahaha
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of my first fanfic, Echoes.

Beniboybling
12.19.2013 , 04:51 PM | #702
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Nope. I must win, the award was created for me... Mwahaha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3k0cE5Vwfk&t=0m26s

Selenial
12.19.2013 , 04:54 PM | #703
Orly?
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.

Wolfninjajedi
12.19.2013 , 07:49 PM | #706
Canino, not to downplay you or anything. But I think you kinda shot yourself in the foot with some of your choices, in relation to ground/fleet.....well moreso ground anyway. No offense, but that's how I see it personally imo.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Selenial
12.19.2013 , 07:52 PM | #707
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Canino, not to downplay you or anything. But I think you kinda shot yourself in the foot with some of your choices, in relation to ground/fleet.....well moreso ground anyway. No offense, but that's how I see it personally imo.
Specifics wolf, we need specifics

Wolfninjajedi
12.19.2013 , 08:01 PM | #708
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Specifics wolf, we need specifics
Ground Forces are too focused on close/melee ranged combat. Now this wouldn't be much of a problem if the Imperial Guard were the bigger force, considering their Stormtrooper training and each of them being from top Stormtrooper squads, they know how to fight both long range and close range.

Canino I think you should have balanced it out, have the Imperial Guard be the close range units and replace the Sun Guard with a more longer ranged force. Or get rid of the Imperial Guard, have the Sun Guard be the close range and choose a longer ranged force. Or make the Imperial Guard the bigger force to be the ranged force and have the Sun Guard be the close/melee combatants.

Another thing is...vehicles, you don't have any armor support for your troops...at least as far as I know.

Unless Canino you were going somewhere else in regards, what you were planning on doing with your troops then just forget this post.

Now this is to say, if Canino's troops could bottleneck the 212th battalion and make their armor support useless(aswell as their numbers) while forcing them into close quaters...then yes that would be ideally suited.

Though I don't imagine that would happen often.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

StarSquirrel
12.20.2013 , 01:17 AM | #709
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ground Forces are too focused on close/melee ranged combat. Now this wouldn't be much of a problem if the Imperial Guard were the bigger force, considering their Stormtrooper training and each of them being from top Stormtrooper squads, they know how to fight both long range and close range.

Canino I think you should have balanced it out, have the Imperial Guard be the close range units and replace the Sun Guard with a more longer ranged force. Or get rid of the Sun Guard, have the Imperial Guard be the close range and choose a longer ranged force. Or make the Imperial Guard the bigger force to be the ranged force and have the Sun Guard be the close/melee combatants.

Another thing is...vehicles, you don't have any armor support for your troops...at least as far as I know.

Unless Canino you were going somewhere else in regards, what you were planning on doing with your troops then just forget this post.

Now this is to say, if Canino's troops could bottleneck the 212th battalion and make their armor support useless(aswell as their numbers) while forcing them into close quaters...then yes that would be ideally suited.

Though I don't imagine that would happen often.
I agree with Wolf.

On the topic of armor though:

Clones, much like the US army in WWII, follow a series of tactics that involve leveling an area with intense fire (typically from artillery) and moving on/around. Their primary goal is to avoid fighting in close quarters. Muunilinst, Geonosis (1st and 2nd battles), ect... are good examples. Clones like to fight on their terms, and they have the firepower to burn down any building they don't want to clear.

Like this.
Zey: "Kal, you know that the Sith are bad news. They're evil. They've always been the cause of endless war and carnage across the galaxy."
Skirata: "Oh, that's a good one. 'My decapitations are more morally valid than your decapitations.' Only difference I can see is that they plan to end up with trillions dead, and you do-gooders manage it by accident."

Darkelefantos
12.20.2013 , 02:48 AM | #710
Nope, don't get it.

Unless he's implying that the audience would find Mothma's decapitation amusing...
Quite possibly. Depends on the audience. I hear people entertained themselves by watching decapitations during the French Revolution
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"