Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Borderline Exploiting in PVP - XP/Credit Harvesting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Borderline Exploiting in PVP - XP/Credit Harvesting

JediShaf
12.24.2011 , 02:15 AM | #1
Tonight I noticed something peculiar. As our republic team was getting smacked around by the Empire, I saw one of my teammates sitting in the bottom corner of the map, stealthed, and doing absolutely nothing. Now he must have run down there after taking the speeder down to the ground level in the Alderaan Warzone. Anyway I figured he was afk and I asked what he was doing but to no avail. We got pummeled.

Two warzones later, Alderaan again. This same sap was sitting there stealthed, in close to the exact same position as the previous occurrence. Again for the duration of the Warzone, he did nothing besides stealth and hide. Anyway it stands to reason that this was simply XP/credit harvesting at the expense of other players putting in an effort to win the warzone.

Is there nothing that can prevent this? I mean if he's logging 0 dmg and 0 health and he hasn't been booted out for hanging out in launch/bay or landing point, I cant imagine why there isn't something in place to pick up on this and punish this harvesters. Perhaps he is the first of many?

Just my thoughts...

Izolde
12.24.2011 , 02:20 AM | #2
Welcome the WoW pvp bots... Since you get xp and credits from WZ this will always be a problem...

Currently, I believe, the only thing to do is report them for botting

atm there is no AFK flag, or deserter debuff that I am aware of

Delove
12.24.2011 , 02:20 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JediShaf View Post
Tonight I noticed something peculiar. As our republic team was getting smacked around by the Empire, I saw one of my teammates sitting in the bottom corner of the map, stealthed, and doing absolutely nothing. Now he must have run down there after taking the speeder down to the ground level in the Alderaan Warzone. Anyway I figured he was afk and I asked what he was doing but to no avail. We got pummeled.

Two warzones later, Alderaan again. This same sap was sitting there stealthed, in close to the exact same position as the previous occurrence. Again for the duration of the Warzone, he did nothing besides stealth and hide. Anyway it stands to reason that this was simply XP/credit harvesting at the expense of other players putting in an effort to win the warzone.

Is there nothing that can prevent this? I mean if he's logging 0 dmg and 0 health and he hasn't been booted out for hanging out in launch/bay or landing point, I cant imagine why there isn't something in place to pick up on this and punish this harvesters. Perhaps he is the first of many?

Just my thoughts...
Nope we have it to on our side Imp cant vote to kick so nothing u can do but put them on ignore and hope they dont go in your match

DracheJager
12.24.2011 , 02:27 AM | #4
This certainly isn't limited to Republic, as has been stated, we have it on our side as well. Not quite to the degree of the old honor grind days of WoW however.
>--Drache-->

TheOfficialGOAT
12.24.2011 , 02:34 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JediShaf View Post

Just my thoughts...
How do you think people hit 50 the second day of early access? There was a exploit in WZ's people were using to power level.