Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Since it's not in patch notes, this stealth patch in today's patch has destroyed...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Since it's not in patch notes, this stealth patch in today's patch has destroyed...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ghost_Spectre
12.18.2013 , 09:18 PM | #51
What I find amusing about this is if you look at the games, like those produced by NC Soft for example, they leave very little to the imagination of the player. Female toon's breast jiggle, n.ipple shapes are clearly seen through the gear, and you can see everything except for their private parts if you outfit them properly. I forget which game it was, but there's a Bone Bikini outfit that is almost X-rated. What we have here is pretty tame in comparison. Hopefully, this is just a glitch. But with this group of devs, you never know.

_Willock_
12.18.2013 , 11:47 PM | #52
This is too funny for words.

Well played devs, well played

mdeezil
12.19.2013 , 07:06 PM | #53
this should just be a bug and not a censorship issue. The game is rated T for teen and even says : "sexual themes" on the case cover next to the rating. There's no nudity and the revealingness of the dancers bottoms were tastefull as they were ( no g-string) If people want to run around in what is basicly a bikini, then they should be able to.

Vildiil
12.19.2013 , 09:26 PM | #54
I checked this out on my Mara, you can see there is more to this bug than just the butt area. If you look at the legs of my char they are miss colored. This reminds me quite a bit of the Relaxed Vestment's bug. If its the same type of issue good luck ever seeing this fixed.

http://i.imgur.com/lPTa6kW.jpg
Ja'xo - <Lethal Dose Fifty>

Afoaa
12.20.2013 , 02:10 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Vildiil View Post
I checked this out on my Mara, you can see there is more to this bug than just the butt area. If you look at the legs of my char they are miss colored. This reminds me quite a bit of the Relaxed Vestment's bug. If its the same type of issue good luck ever seeing this fixed.

Someone identified the problem. The colors on the legs of the female toons are reversed so the knee is on the rear of the legs and the hip rip is caused by the fact that it is the front side we see from the rear.

So yes it is a bug, I just fear it will take 6 months for them to get around to fix it.

rantboi
12.20.2013 , 04:07 AM | #56
I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up

-Me-
12.20.2013 , 10:06 AM | #57

I have not seen at all whatever is going on in your screenie but I'm skeptical that this is just a bug. The rear of the bikini is larger than it was, the cloth goes higher up the back than it did before. Before, it was low enough you can actually see the beginning of....what's the medical term?...anyway, before the cloth stopped just just below the beginning of the butt crack. Now it does not as now it goes higher up the back. Looks like a failed photoshop job to me so now the question is did they break the models beyond repair now?

This little whatever it is has messed me up in game LOL. My toon has a back flap of sorts covering the rear but it's not long enough to completely cover the discoloration. It actually looks like there's a light shining down the inside of the back flap and that's as good at having neon flashing arrows pointing at my butt constantly. And then, and then there are those up-skirt camera angles in cutscenes that actually zoom in on the effected area.

Wish we can get some kind of official statement on this. It's taken me off stride in game. When I start a character I want to finish that character, not simply go play a different one. I'm having a problem playing this character with flashing neon arrows pointing at its butt.
Allow me to use my own avatar and signature, I'll think about it. Oh wait...

KhalDrogoe
12.20.2013 , 10:25 AM | #58

Racing Stripes!

lol@maxipad

Iraq-Lobster, Wakwa, The Marshmallow Legacy POT5
Bloobies - JC

Sabain
12.21.2013 , 10:00 PM | #59
I spent 3 million credits decking out my shadow with the bottoms that have cloth hanging down in front and in back and it has so thoroughly ruined the character for me, I cannot stand to continue levelling her. As I had decided to main her in pvp, I bought every legacy xp perk, maxed out mail and repair, bought a skill statue and went full retard with level milestone purple mods (20, 30, 40, 50, 55) with my cybertech who's cost I didn't even factor in.

There was no notification or warning of this. If this bug (if you can even call it that) that arose from absolutely no where from a patch that had nothing to do with female models or their clothing isn't resolved in short order, I more than likely walk away from swtor (again).

Any game company that's willing to **** with its player base like this doesn't deserve my money or my time.

If this was unintentional, fine. Lets get a hotfix out for it because this won't just go away. If this stealth.....destruction WAS intentional, **** you bioware, **** you ea, **** you lucasarts and **** whatever dev decided this was an acceptable "fix".

Seriously, if this was on purpose, quit being *****es and take some responsibility. This is just pathetic.

cpt_fishcakes
12.21.2013 , 11:13 PM | #60
This only really affect 1 of my 12 characters. A Sith Assassin I made recently, I ended stopping playing that character today its just bugging me so much. The legs look like half squeezed tubes of toothpaste poking out from under the skirt, its really distracting and looks pretty shoddy.

Messing up half your player models is a pretty big faux pa in an MMO, when people can spend a lot of time and credits getting there characters to look just right.

Plus I had to sit through a cut scene with what looked like Jabba the Hutts backside waggling away in the background