The Kaggath Returns!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't picked I don't think. What people are doing now is composing teams so that when Beni opens it up for faction making they can PM him their picks without hesitation. That way they can beat their competition in getting their guys.

I got in second or third int his last round I think, and Aurbere beat me to one of my first choices and I lost Caedus because of the Over Powered rule... I've had my new faction made since the third match of this Kaggath though so I'm surprised everyone is so late to the party :D

Who did I beat you to?

Are we going to post our stuff in the threads this time, instead of PM'ing to Beni?

Also, can we do it before this Kaggath is done? I wanna plan out my faction, but don't want Rayla to sneak in and take surik before I can, like I'm expecting her to and have my prep for nothing :p :p :p

Edited by Selenial

I'm still not a big fan of just re-doing some of the current rules UNLESS there's a twist.

One thing I was thinking is that in the SI storyline, the Kaggath was not galaxy-wide. Instead, it all happened on one planet: Corellia. If we had the next Kaggath tournament happen on one planet, that would eliminate the whole hyperspace thing, as well as several other issues like production.

Instead, everyone could have a set, notably smaller force and that's all they have to work with. Ground forces would be small and so would space forces. Then it could be a war on two fronts. If ground is captured first, the Head of State is killed via ground battle. If space is captured, the Head of State dies via orbital bombardment. So it's a race to see which side can either capture ground or space before the other captures an alternative.

I don't know, I'm just spitballing. But that's the general idea I think would be best, keep the same general format but with a big twist.

I feel this is the best idea yet. And could really add something fresh to the Kaggath.

We wouldn't necessarily have to limit factions either, just narrow the playing field. Which means the debate will be more specific and intense, and not so dragged out when he just have countless points that could be debated.

Furthermore, if we use well known planets, there can be multiple areas in which the Kaggath can spread.

It would also make it seem more like a Kaggath, and less like full scale war.

I should probably note here that I'm planning on debuting the long overdue Kaggath Battlegrounds Series after this Tournament, which will not involve player-made factions. I realise everyone is eager, but I think it would be good to take a break for a while and return to more objective and less personal debate.

It is also not a Tournament, so won't be as long. It will also help us "test drive" Warren's suggestion.

I'd much rather have a similar tournament to this than a smaller scale, smaller scale seems less fun and less avenues to go down. Whilst it'd make a good tournament, I just don't think it's as good as the current one.

And Beni, taking a break.. really? Everyone wants to sort out a new kaggath and do this all over :( :( :(

That's why we're preparing now!

I'd much rather have a similar tournament to this than a smaller scale, smaller scale seems less fun and less avenues to go down. Whilst it'd make a good tournament, I just don't think it's as good as the current one.

And Beni, taking a break.. really? Everyone wants to sort out a new kaggath and do this all over :( :( :(

That's why we're preparing now!

Silence!

No but really, its not a break, its still the Kaggath.

And I don't think I'm ready to decide how the next tournament would proceed.

Well that's partly the issue, it would be nice to allow other people to get involved.

The current state of the Kaggath is not very accessible.

They can get involved. They can debate our matches, doing normal kaggaths instead of these ones just to allow other people in sort of defeats the purpose, there's no difference for them debating custom factions or real ones, but there's a difference for us :(

Well that's partly the issue, it would be nice to allow other people to get involved.

The current state of the Kaggath is not very accessible.

I don't see how. Like you've said before, faction creators simply have a more vested interest in seeing their faction succeed.

I don't see how. Like you've said before, faction creators simply have a more vested interest in seeing their faction succeed.
Nobody else has participated in this tournament surely you realised that.

Its not very fair to hoard the Kaggath for yourself, don't be selfish now.

Anyway I've been planning this series for quite a while now and I'm not about to let all that effort go to waste. I could on the other hand operate it in alteration with the next tournament, in fact I think I'll do that.

EDIT: Yet at the same time exclusivity does offer benefits.

Edited by Beniboybling

I'd just like to make it clear that I'm not interested in doing a rehash of the old tournament with a few minor changes. I never actually intended on doing this tournament again, not that I wouldn't do the Kaggath again but just wait until I got some kind of new idea. We've already done the current version and its time to do something different.

So far Warren has put forward the best suggestion and I can't think of any issues. And really after the fleet numbers fiasco turned out to be a hullaboloo about nothing forgive me for not trusting your opinions. :p

Now if anyone has any other suggestions then I'd be more than happy to listen, but I'd just like to make it clear that the next tournament will not be the same as the previous one under any circumstances I'm afraid.

EDIT: And, unless anyone is planning on dying, its not as if we cannot have another tournament like this one later on.

Edited by Beniboybling

And? Not like Sith usually pay attention to rules anyway. Most of the Dark Council laughed at the Kaggath.

To quote Darth Ravage:

I find it disturbing that you respect this mans opinion.

You know the powers of the state still do allow me to banish you...

On a serious note I decided against 2v2 for the Semi-Finals as I felt it would lead to factions being propped up by their allies. Regardless we don't have control over that aspect which is determined by how many people are participating.

Right now if we assume marcelo to be absent and include me and Silenceo we have an odd number - this would demand a series of Tri-Battles involving three factions, its been done before so I suppose that could work.

Edited by Beniboybling

Also, our Kaggaths run longer, that's cool too :p

My first kaggath? 126 pages... Final of the old one, Traya vs G0-T0? 62.

Yeah, because wading through 126 pages of text is soooo much fun. :jawa_wink:

But really there is an element of tedium there, which is why I think a fast-paced debate would be a lot of fun too.