Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why do people join Dark Side?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why do people join Dark Side?

Sadishist's Avatar


Sadishist
12.19.2013 , 01:35 PM | #1
Since Light and Dark is equal in terms of power, and if the main reason people join Dark Side is to be more powerful, then there's no point to joining Dark Side.

Lore error?
A fearful enemy is at his most dangerous.

The Fallen Lords of The Bastion
Juggernaut: Sadishist Sorcerer: Drellion

Avenox's Avatar


Avenox
12.19.2013 , 01:53 PM | #2
Every men born evil
Someone will try to be good as they can,
some other will dedicate their life
to the unholy lord of the earth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz-2TPREnPY


I never had to ask myself the question why.

Sadishist's Avatar


Sadishist
12.19.2013 , 01:56 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Avenox View Post
Every men born evil
Someone will try to be good as they can,
some other will dedicate their life
to the unholy lord of the earth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz-2TPREnPY


I never had to ask my self why.
Dark Jedi and Sith are two different things. Dark Jedi is selfish, Sith actually believe in a cause. I don't think it's about good/evil.
A fearful enemy is at his most dangerous.

The Fallen Lords of The Bastion
Juggernaut: Sadishist Sorcerer: Drellion

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
12.19.2013 , 03:01 PM | #4
The dark side is the quick and easy path to power.
Added Chapter 31 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Sadishist's Avatar


Sadishist
12.19.2013 , 03:03 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
The dark side is the quick and easy path to power.
But the dark side is not more powerful so it is kinda pointless...
A fearful enemy is at his most dangerous.

The Fallen Lords of The Bastion
Juggernaut: Sadishist Sorcerer: Drellion

zreangr's Avatar


zreangr
12.19.2013 , 03:07 PM | #6
Cookies.
The Zenith Legacy
Zaven' than 53 Guardian Zeren'than 38 Shadow Zevanthor 43 Vanguard Zavran 39 Operative
Prophecy of The Five

JediRickwood's Avatar


JediRickwood
12.19.2013 , 03:13 PM | #7
Why choose to play, Empire side? A Sith? A Imperial Trooper type? It's personal taste really. After all it is only a game, I don't think for a second that people that play on the Dark Side are going around and committing atrocities. Its a chance to be the 'Darth Vader Type'. A Imperial trooper in the service of the emperor. Those are iconic things from the Star Wars Galaxy. Besides its all in good fun.

AmazingEggplant's Avatar


AmazingEggplant
12.19.2013 , 03:15 PM | #8
If we're talking lore wise, it's easier to get stronger at a faster pace with the Dark Side

psandak's Avatar


psandak
12.19.2013 , 03:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
But the dark side is not more powerful so it is kinda pointless...
It is not that the Dark Side is more powerful, it is that the Dark Side encourages one to use power. Yes, the Jedi are powerful but they never brandish that power. They are reserved and contemplative and are satisfied with that way of life.

Sith and Dark/Fallen Jedi want to brandish that power. They want all who can see and hear them that they have power others lack. Further, they always want more power than they have and will seek out any opportunity to do so....even if that power is fleeting.

Sadishist's Avatar


Sadishist
12.19.2013 , 03:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
It is not that the Dark Side is more powerful, it is that the Dark Side encourages one to use power. Yes, the Jedi are powerful but they never brandish that power. They are reserved and contemplative and are satisfied with that way of life.

Sith and Dark/Fallen Jedi want to brandish that power. They want all who can see and hear them that they have power others lack. Further, they always want more power than they have and will seek out any opportunity to do so....even if that power is fleeting.
Don't the Jedi brandish that power to fight back the Sith? Same exact thing.
A fearful enemy is at his most dangerous.

The Fallen Lords of The Bastion
Juggernaut: Sadishist Sorcerer: Drellion