Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Over-Priced GTN Items


DOHboy's Avatar


DOHboy
12.19.2013 , 02:04 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by mecher View Post
Why do people make these posts?
because they feel the need to dictate the actions of others.

i.e. One set of people thinks certain "things" are bad, does not partake in them. But goes about his/her business as usual and if asked will answer honestly. Other set feels "things" are bad, feels the need to tell everyone they are bad, tell everyone NOT to do those "things" and demands that others require those "things" be outlawed or otherwise prevented.

*insert action/practice/belief, etc. for "things"

DOHboy's Avatar


DOHboy
12.19.2013 , 02:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by mecher View Post
I love numb nuts that talk about free markets in games.
ummm ok.. what about me talking about "free market" makes me a 'dumb nut".

feel free to point out anything that I said that was wrong or untrue. Also feel free to state how it would be "better" to do it some other way.

also think that was a rather blatant personal attack for no reason. I simply stated a fact and was jumped on as a "dumb nut" I am neither dumb..nor a nut thank you very much.

Rileysoph's Avatar


Rileysoph
12.19.2013 , 02:09 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
The "problem" does not even exist, so no "solving" required. If you want it, buy it if you can afford it. If you can't, get the creds. If you don't want to bother to get the creds, you obviously don't want the item that badly.
Well, that's just your own personal opinion. Thank you for sharing it with us.

And in my opinion, no one is going to spend their time just getting 40m+ credits, especially in a game that has many casual players, just to get one item.

VulgarMercurius's Avatar


VulgarMercurius
12.19.2013 , 02:11 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DOHboy View Post
ummm ok.. what about me talking about "free market" makes me a 'dumb nut".

feel free to point out anything that I said that was wrong or untrue. Also feel free to state how it would be "better" to do it some other way.

also think that was a rather blatant personal attack for no reason. I simply stated a fact and was jumped on as a "dumb nut" I am neither dumb..nor a nut thank you very much.
Ya, what a turd, no? Just calls you down for absolutely no reason. Well, I guess the reason was so that he could feel good about himself.

On topic though. I've resubbed for a few short months now, and without trying to make credits I have about 10 mil. If there was an item I wanted and it was 50 mil I could play with credits in mind and gain that amount in short order.

It's called supply and demand. It's called a player economy. It's called not getting everything you want in the universe for free because you are entitled to every whim that flutters across your pea-brain. <-- I can be a hostile idiot too.

DOHboy's Avatar


DOHboy
12.19.2013 , 02:16 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by VulgarMercurius View Post
Ya, what a turd, no? Just calls you down for absolutely no reason. Well, I guess the reason was so that he could feel good about himself.

On topic though. I've resubbed for a few short months now, and without trying to make credits I have about 10 mil. If there was an item I wanted and it was 50 mil I could play with credits in mind and gain that amount in short order.

It's called supply and demand. It's called a player economy. It's called not getting everything you want in the universe for free because you are entitled to every whim that flutters across your pea-brain. <-- I can be a hostile idiot too.
have to be used to it at some point on these forums, least you get sucked into the depths and start fighting back.

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
12.19.2013 , 02:18 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rileysoph View Post
Well, that's just your own personal opinion. Thank you for sharing it with us.
It's not my opinion that it's not a problem, it's not a problem. As stated, if you want it, get the creds and buy it. If you won't do that, then you obviously don't want it that badly.

Quote:
And in my opinion, no one is going to spend their time just getting 40m+ credits, especially in a game that has many casual players, just to get one item.
The particular price in this case is probably not a realistic price. It's a mistake or a joke or temp storage or a gold buyer receiving creds. But if it does happen to sell for 40 mil, then it is obviously worth 40 mil to someone.

And if you think there aren't plenty of players who can spend 40 mil on an item, you don't know much about working the GTN or the in-game economy.

Rileysoph's Avatar


Rileysoph
12.19.2013 , 02:23 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
It's not my opinion that it's not a problem, it's not a problem. As stated, if you want it, get the creds and buy it. If you won't do that, then you obviously don't want it that badly.
Again, it's your opinion that it's not a problem.


Quote:
The particular price in this case is probably not a realistic price. It's a mistake or a joke or temp storage or a gold buyer receiving creds. But if it does happen to sell for 40 mil, then it is obviously worth 40 mil to someone.
Then I wish the seller the best of luck if it's a genuine sale

Quote:
And if you think there aren't plenty of players who can spend 40 mil on an item, you don't know much about working the GTN or the in-game economy.
I guess it's your opinion that you think I don't know much about the in game economy. And I do think there aren't a lot of people who have ever had 40m credits in total at once in this game.

And you know a lot about the GTN and the in game economy?

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
12.19.2013 , 02:28 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rileysoph View Post
Again, it's your opinion that it's not a problem.
It's your opinion that it's merely my opinion. You're wrong, but that's OK.

Quote:
I guess it's your opinion that you think I don't know much about the in game economy. And I do think there aren't a lot of people who have ever had 40m credits in total at once in this game.
Thus demonstrating that in fact you do not know much about the in-game economy.

Quote:
And you know a lot about the GTN and the in game economy?
Yes. The GTN is a mini-game I enjoy, so I spend a lot of time working it.

Sportiva's Avatar


Sportiva
12.19.2013 , 02:37 PM | #19
I think Obama should institute GTN price controls.
Master Jaice Jenod: Guardian Velo Jenx: GunslingerMaster Gira Jenx: Sage Major Jax’xen Jenod: Vanguard
Saen'a Jenod: Mercenary Dulymus Jenod: OperativeDarth Scoura: Assassin Darth Zetara: Marauder

Elminster_cs's Avatar


Elminster_cs
12.19.2013 , 02:59 PM | #20
First there are people that like "trolling" putting item overpriced too much:
revan mask at 1.000.000.000 to show hay dude I have the mask, you suks.

so the way is /ignore

Second there are people that like the risk and make some good money, last time I buy some item at 150k and selled it for 500 each one month later.

Third there are people that lower the price with no sense. I have bought the scout from CM for 50k selled back for 5milion

Fourth there are people the put item in GTN with super low price... vial of isotope at 79k and people sell some of them for 74k... this is with no sense, sell it for 78.9k no? People still buy them.

Personally i have disgust for the fourth type of person... they are really stupid.
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.