Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Since it's not in patch notes, this stealth patch in today's patch has destroyed...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Since it's not in patch notes, this stealth patch in today's patch has destroyed...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

-Me-
12.17.2013 , 07:52 PM | #1
My character's look. This is far worse then whatever you was trying to fix Bioware. far far worse.

I'm trying to think of a proper PR and maybe PG way to explain this but there really is only one way. This patch has given my character a rather large feminine hygiene product. My character is wearing dancer bottoms and now poking out of the sides in the rear is a huge square distorted in color from the normal skin color. What else can it be but a ... you know?

Who's the lunatic that complained about dancer bottoms and why have you tried "fixing" it only to destroy it? There was nothing wrong with the way it was, there was no nudity at all.

I don't spend my time starting at cartoon derrieres but I noticed this the very 1st cutscene since your cutscenes do like to zoom in on derrieres. Given that fact, why haven't you changed the cutscene angles too? Seems just as bad as whatever you was trying to fix here.

Anyway, the look of my character is now ruined, it was my look, i don't care if anyone else likes it or not and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it but you Bioware had to listen to some nun or someone and as a result has ruined my character's look. That is something you just don't do in a MMO. I got so disgusted I just logged out, came here to rant and I guess I'll go log into somewhere else that does not distort things that honestly do not need distorting.

Can i get some sort of explanation please? What good are patch notes when you leave things out? That seems a common occurrence I've noticed with many things in this game.

Screen shot: http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/...al/2328858.jpg
Allow me to use my own avatar and signature, I'll think about it. Oh wait...

Pingonaut
12.17.2013 , 07:58 PM | #2
That's not exactly RP gear, anyhow.

Either way, I'm sure they know. You need to cool off about that. If you're that focused on your appearance in a game to the point where you do not care one bit about the rest of the game without it you may want to look elsewhere.

DAWUSS
12.17.2013 , 08:04 PM | #3
What exactly happened?

-Me-
12.17.2013 , 08:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DAWUSS View Post
What exactly happened?
Thought I did a OK job at explaining LOL. Apparently someone thought dancer bottoms are too revealing so they tried to clean it up I guess but it looks horrible now. Across the buttocks is a square and its distorted making it obvious there is a distorted square across the buttocks.

It is hard to notice unless your in a cutscene but its impossible to miss when you are. It's so messed up looking it distracts you from anything else going on.

To the post above this one. Of course the characters looks are very important. It's very hard to get a unique look in this game and much more one you personally like. Add to that the dye system and once you mix and match enough armors to find something acceptable, you've spent a great deal of credits to simply have the game change your look to something unacceptable and forcing you to start over with another big expense.

ChewyYui
12.17.2013 , 08:33 PM | #5
Can anyone link pictures? It's for uhhh... research!

Seriously tho, I am curious, and Since i have to play on low graphics, probably wont notice it.
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

HaoZhao
12.17.2013 , 08:39 PM | #6
"Ugh! BioWare, you've ruined my deep stripper roleplay! Deleting character now!!"

lmao

Jormunrek
12.17.2013 , 08:49 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
That's not exactly RP gear, anyhow.

Either way, I'm sure they know. You need to cool off about that. If you're that focused on your appearance in a game to the point where you do not care one bit about the rest of the game without it you may want to look elsewhere.
Considering the amount of money that Bio makes off of the cartel market because of a character's appearance in a game I would say he does have a valid point.

I don't use the dancer bottoms but don't see a reason why someone would have an issue if someone did use them. It's more tame than most panty shots in anime...

Jorm

-Me-
12.17.2013 , 10:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
Can anyone link pictures? It's for uhhh... research!

Seriously tho, I am curious, and Since i have to play on low graphics, probably wont notice it.
Tried but I don't see a insert image. Tried insert link and it took me into my photobucket library itself. You aint getting that

ChewyYui
12.17.2013 , 10:21 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by -Me- View Post
Tried but I don't see a insert image. Tried insert link and it took me into my photobucket library itself. You aint getting that
Get the link for the picture. I use photobucket a lot, and I just go to my bucket, select the pic, right click and open in new window, then copy and paste that link.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/...5-26_00001.jpg

<- A link to a picture using that

The just URL it and you're away! (I dont think pictures work on this part of forum)
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

-Me-
12.17.2013 , 10:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
Get the link for the picture. I use photobucket a lot, and I just go to my bucket, select the pic, right click and open in new window, then copy and paste that link.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/...5-26_00001.jpg

<- A link to a picture using that

The just URL it and you're away! (I dont think pictures work on this part of forum)
I don't get it. I click your link and all i get is the picture but when i click mine in preview it still opens my library. I don't trust it without a insert image.

If you really want to see it take a female toon to the GTN and preview a dancer bottom and zoom in on the rear end. If your colored alien it really shines.