Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Event currency

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Uber_the_Goober
12.17.2013 , 11:20 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rileysoph View Post
So how come you have a technical limitation with the Gree currency but not the bounty contract currency? What is the technical limitation, if you know?
He doesn't know, and wouldn't answer this if he did.

Do you think he really wants armchair developers hollering at him for technical decisions he has absolutely no involvement with?
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

zsun
12.17.2013 , 11:45 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

The answer to your question may not be what you are expecting, it is actually technical limitation which is causing the Gree currency to be character bound. Within our current system we had a few options:
  • The items are character bound and stackable (the way it works currently)
  • The items are non-stackable and bound to Legacy. (we did not choose this option to avoid a cargo bay somewhere full of currency)
Those were our options from a tech standpoint and our justification for the decision we made. Hope that makes sense!

-eric
just to clarify.... aren't the cartel market certificates both BoL and stackable? I realize it went through a few iterations to make it that way (they were first stackable and BoP, then they were BoL and not stackable, but now they're BoL and stackable)

I'm ultimately indifferent either way. I think the current implementation is fine especially since the things you buy are BoL, but I guess I just wanted to point out that not all items fit those 3 descriptions.

znihilist
12.17.2013 , 11:47 AM | #23
Eric can you then please shed some light on this comment made by JesseSky back in February ?

Quote: Originally Posted by JesseSky View Post
Gray Helix Components are BoP so that players with only one character at 45+ aren't at a massive disadvantage. Having several alts is a significant advantage while earning Reputation, but some very specific rewards are special enough that they take a bit of extra time and cooperation to obtain. The Event will repeat with enough frequency that you will be able to obtain these items even if you miss out on Components this time around.

TUXs
12.17.2013 , 11:49 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
Eric can you then please shed some light on this comment made by JesseSky back in February ?
Interesting find...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

znihilist
12.17.2013 , 11:53 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Interesting find...
I have a good memory

But in all seriousness, I think they don't necessarily mean opposite things. The system could be like this with such (good) rewards because they can't technically make the helix's as BOL. But I would still like some clarification on this.

Rankyn
12.17.2013 , 11:54 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by zsun View Post
just to clarify.... aren't the cartel market certificates both BoL and stackable? I realize it went through a few iterations to make it that way (they were first stackable and BoP, then they were BoL and not stackable, but now they're BoL and stackable)

I'm ultimately indifferent either way. I think the current implementation is fine especially since the things you buy are BoL, but I guess I just wanted to point out that not all items fit those 3 descriptions.
My guess is because the helix components pre-date the Cartel certificates and they'd have to do a massive overhaul to the Gree system to change them and decided that it wasn't worth it.

ELRunninW
12.17.2013 , 01:25 PM | #27
See, this is why no one representing dev team wants to answer questions. No matter what they say there is always some genius that has solution to all development problems of the world.

tekhiun
12.17.2013 , 01:34 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

The answer to your question may not be what you are expecting, it is actually technical limitation which is causing the Gree currency to be character bound. Within our current system we had a few options:
  • The items are character bound and stackable (the way it works currently)
  • The items are non-stackable and bound to Legacy. (we did not choose this option to avoid a cargo bay somewhere full of currency)
  • The items are fully tradeable (these are meant to be earned, at least for now)
Those were our options from a tech standpoint and our justification for the decision we made. Hope that makes sense!

-eric
Makes, perfect sense, hope you guys can surpass this limitation soon.

Thanks for the clarification
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

TUXs
12.17.2013 , 02:06 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
See, this is why no one representing dev team wants to answer questions. No matter what they say there is always some genius that has solution to all development problems of the world.
Then I would suggest that if they're that sensitive to questions from their customers, they are in the wrong position. Responding to your customers feedback should be one of the top priority jobs of a CM.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

ELRunninW
12.17.2013 , 02:20 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Then I would suggest that if they're that sensitive to questions from their customers, they are in the wrong position. Responding to your customers feedback should be one of the top priority jobs of a CM.
You are right, the answer was given yet people think they have been invited to discussion. I personally feel that people answering the questions in forums are not authorized or not qualified to participate in these discussions. Suggestions and questions are mostly based on hypothetical conditions, while anything posted can and will be used against them.
Just to add one more thing, responding to customer feedback is also very vague. In most cases an answer to a feedback is "thank you for your input." If you were in this position you would realize that you can not agree nor disagree with customer opinion. You just accept it and provide response based on current company policy. There is no discussion involved at all.
This means that asking a question, receiving a response then asking a 'what if' follow up question, is not likely to get a response.