Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Event currency

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Warrgames
12.17.2013 , 09:55 AM | #1
I would love for someone to explain the logic behind why the Gree event currency ONLY bound to character event currency.

Rakghoul Event (original event): Rakghoul DNA Sample no binding; earned from dailies and blowing up.

Chevin Grand Acquisitions Race: Token of Enrichment no binding; earned completing the quest and in random boxes on Nar Shadaa.

Gree Event: Gray Helix Components bound to character; earned from heroic daily, weekly kill of HM and SM kills of Xenoanalyst 2 and one time quest to talk to Gree bots on bunch of planets.

Bounty Hunter Weekly: Completed Bounty Contract: no binding earned from completing a daily and 6 weeklies.

Rakghoul Event (new one): unknown

morfius
12.17.2013 , 10:01 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Warrgames View Post
I would love for someone to explain the logic behind why the Gree event currency ONLY bound to character event currency.

Rakghoul Event (original event): Rakghoul DNA Sample no binding; earned from dailies and blowing up.

Chevin Grand Acquisitions Race: Token of Enrichment no binding; earned completing the quest and in random boxes on Nar Shadaa.

Gree Event: Gray Helix Components bound to character; earned from heroic daily, weekly kill of HM and SM kills of Xenoanalyst 2 and one time quest to talk to Gree bots on bunch of planets.

Bounty Hunter Weekly: Completed Bounty Contract: no binding earned from completing a daily and 6 weeklies.

Rakghoul Event (new one): unknown
Up to CZ and BH Week there was no other legacy weapons than Gree ones, so I suppose it was intentional... as there are reputation ones that are bought with credits - I hope they change that.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Warrgames
12.17.2013 , 10:03 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
Up to CZ and BH Week there was no other legacy weapons than Gree ones, so I suppose it was intentional... as there are reputation ones that are bought with credits - I hope they change that.
Gree is the only one with Jedi/Sith weapons.

NoFishing
12.17.2013 , 10:04 AM | #4
Unless someone from Bioware responds, we can only guess.

And my guess is that since the Gree event is the only one to make legacy lightsabers available, they wanted to limit the distribution of those to characters that actually participate in the event. The bounty event has legacy weapons, but not lightsabers, and they are purchased with credits once you have enough reputation.

BenKatarn
12.17.2013 , 10:11 AM | #5
Gree is the only one with Jedi/Sith weapons.
Uh, did I miss anything? Shouldn't it be the other way around and the Gree Event is the only one that has Legacy weapons other than Lightsabers? I mean, you can buy the Sword of the Vigilant on CZ-198 for 500.000 Credits at Champion standing, but to my recollection, you can't get pistols or blasters from anywhere else other than the Gree.

Or is this about something OTHER than just swapping hilts and modifications around?
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Indignatron
12.17.2013 , 10:14 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
Uh, did I miss anything? Shouldn't it be the other way around and the Gree Event is the only one that has Legacy weapons other than Lightsabers? I mean, you can buy the Sword of the Vigilant on CZ-198 for 500.000 Credits at Champion standing, but to my recollection, you can't get pistols or blasters from anywhere else other than the Gree.

Or is this about something OTHER than just swapping hilts and modifications around?
The BBA event has legacy pistols and rifles. Gree is the only one giving out actual legacy sabers, but yes CZ does have the legacy vibrosword.
The Shadowlands

Ulýsses | Tyrfing | Kavarin | Tahnia | Marelda | Elýse
Angantyr | Hollande | Cilas | Cairine | Indignatus | Digotz

Warrgames
12.17.2013 , 10:14 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post

I forgot about that sword. I stand corrected on that. But you can buy blaster pistols and rifle that looks like a bowcaster from the bounty weekly for credits.

Icebergy
12.17.2013 , 10:14 AM | #8
It is a way of artificially lengthening content. If you could finish it all in one day because you had a bunch of alts, then you would be bored the next day and complain about there being 'no new content'.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Warrgames
12.17.2013 , 10:17 AM | #9
You don't even need a bunch of alts to do that with other events since their currency isn't bound. You have enough credits that you can buy all the currency you want.

Icebergy
12.17.2013 , 10:19 AM | #10
And they didn't want you to be able to do that with this event, apparently. Mystery solved.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant