Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enough with the skimpy gear already.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Enough with the skimpy gear already.

jedip_enguin
12.16.2013 , 07:49 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Floredon View Post
we need a skin tight black jumpsuit so i can make a female cathar assassin and name her Cathwoman. oh yes.
This guy knows whats up.
Jedip_enguin - So cool I dont even need a signature...

drakensang
12.16.2013 , 08:04 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Floredon View Post
we need a skin tight black jumpsuit so i can make a female cathar assassin and name her Cathwoman. oh yes.
If you dye this one black/black and use the waist from this, you should be pretty close. Maybe with the head from this one, for really impressive cat ears.

None of it is remotely skimpy though. And my guys still have to keep their legs chastly covered in mild tython weather and overheated space stations.

Floredon
12.16.2013 , 08:09 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by drakensang View Post
If you dye this one black/black and use the waist from this, you should be pretty close. Maybe with the head from this one, for really impressive cat ears.
thanks!

fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg
12.16.2013 , 09:52 PM | #94
I would have to agree with the OP on this one. Instead of cool armor I am starting to see an increasing number of skimpy outfits that make my character look like Magic Mike. You can only do so many variants that make you have no shirt, I hope their running out of them. Not to insult people who like those things or anything.
Speak softly, and carry a big blaster.

HiddenPalm
12.17.2013 , 04:09 AM | #95
Interesting topic. My two cents on the subject is that its rather sexist.

Skimpy gear for women, but nothing for men, not even something showing a shoulder comes off as a bit awkward. I wouldn't say seeing women in skimpy gear is over saturated, but it is loosing their appeal. I remember when I first saw it, I was like that's really dope. Now its like kind of lame, being that my companion Risha looks extremely awesome in white and brown arctic type gear, wondering what kind of Republic player would subject their female companion to such harsh environmental conditions dressed like a dance slave for Jabba eons later. It takes away from the realism.

In my opinion, skimpy gear development should stop entirely until the Cantinas are finished, where the Pazaak tables work and you could actually sit down on the chairs you see, etc, etc with added features like buying drinks and getting drunk (where your skills and stats are lowered) forcing you to hang out until you sober up and Cantina brawls. That's when the skimpy gear should be made available - and to be fair for our female gamers and the male players who want to see it we should definitely have skimpy gear for male toons. The 1960's died along time ago. The gender bias in sci fi was tackled and handled in the 70's and by 2013 we shouldn't be at the level we're at. I guess we have regressed in our state of mass consciousness.

That's my opinion on skimpy gear on female toons. If its going to be done, do it right. I want to play STRIP PAZAAK in some random Cantina on Hutta with a Female player who wants to see some leg and abs. Or else, how am I going to play Pazaak with a female gamer if I got nothing to offer? I ask to please fix the gender bias and to please finish the Cantinas.
The Grassroots Jedi Movement
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." - King
APPLICATION * www.GrassrootsJedi.org *
We are the very first and only Anti-War Guild for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Roechacca
12.17.2013 , 04:35 AM | #96
necrolicious
Only worst of the worst may join MOB.

Zandoezan
12.17.2013 , 06:47 AM | #97
I DEMAND G-strings and thin lacy bra's
"Things change. Always do. You'll get your chance! Important thing is, when it comes, you gotta grab it with both hands and hold on tight!" - Otis (circa 1984)

THE | ETHERA | LEGACY

vingmotor
12.17.2013 , 06:50 AM | #98
ok heres the deal, all you lonly guys and gals, go out and spend what you spend on the game and cartel market on the pub/club/whatever. and get laid.
then come back and dont destroy our !Star Wars! game anymore. ok?

Wintermist
12.17.2013 , 06:53 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by drakensang View Post

None of it is remotely skimpy though. And my guys still have to keep their legs chastly covered in mild tython weather and overheated space stations.
Hahahaha, if this ever gets done, I so want to see screenshots.
Hand Disinfection.

Droidist
12.17.2013 , 06:56 AM | #100
The variety of clothing in this game is one of it's biggest strengths in my opinion. Keep coming with all types of outfits. I think the fact that you can mix and match, dye, etc is a very powerful customization feature that is slowly getting better all the time. I don't mind the skimpy or the covered up look, the powerful, the plain, they all belong, as they allow player freedom and expression. Bring it all on!

In fact this is one of the major reasons I like this game.
A force of one, yes, the solo player!