Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the Mandalorian Killer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
the Mandalorian Killer

ThunderDownundr
12.22.2011 , 11:28 PM | #1
Anyone having trouble with the the class quest the mandalorian killer. I am at the Cheif Engineer up on the platform with him and he keeps resetting ?
Blunt Force Trauma

mlmason
12.22.2011 , 11:41 PM | #2
Same problem. The bugged Engineer and his mates wound up killing me and I respawned at a medical bay beyond the closed door. Now I'm stuck between two locked doors, everything's dead in between.

Bug report. I'm understanding of bugs and all, but very disappointing.

ThunderDownundr
12.22.2011 , 11:46 PM | #3
k you have to shoot your ramjet from the circle and its an instant kill
Blunt Force Trauma

mlmason
12.22.2011 , 11:50 PM | #4
I didn't see a circle--but when I finally get out of here (waiting for either Fleet Pass timer or Warzone to get me out), I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

AshPrime
12.23.2011 , 03:25 PM | #5
I had the same problem, I died and got stuck in a medbay between two locked doors and just about shot myself cause I still had 15 hours on my fleet pass. good call on the warzone btw, did that get you out?

this is a really annoying issue that bioware should fix.
In his own way he is, perhaps, The Most Dangerous Man who ever lived.
A Fist Full of Credits

mlmason
12.23.2011 , 05:36 PM | #6
I managed to Warzone out as well and eventually completed the quest.

However, I realized what I did wrong, and perhaps others are making the same mistake. It may just be my own stupidity, but...

When you have to activate your ramjet, I neglected to notice there was a "ramjet" icon in the Mission Inventory. Instead, I used Jet Charge, figuring it was my only "ramjet" ability and logically was the one to use. Oops.

Needless to say, using the correct Mission item worked perfectly.

AshPrime
12.24.2011 , 12:38 AM | #7
Yeah so i've been stuck in this position for the last 8-ish hours and It really sucks! (still have 7 hours left on my Fleet Pass) I was able to get into warzones, but I just get sent back to the ship after they end. How did you use Warzones to get out? Is there something im missing?
In his own way he is, perhaps, The Most Dangerous Man who ever lived.
A Fist Full of Credits

Wolflll
12.24.2011 , 01:49 AM | #8
Hey guys, first time posting. I had the same issue with the chief engineer/rocket bug (not the dieing and being stuck part). I put the ramjet upgrade on my hot bar and just ran around the room spamming the button and jumping on things. If you're facing the engineer from the floor, I jumped on the computer banks to your left and noticed the rocket tried to appear on my back for a moment. Then the group agro'ed me and began firing. I jumped back on the computer bank and spammed the rocket while jumping for about 3 seconds until it finally activated.

Long story short, run around the room (nearish the platform but get further while you experiment) spamming the ramjet and you might find the sweet spot to get launched up.

No guarantees but hope it helps!

erelok
12.24.2011 , 12:45 PM | #9
On your map there is a quest marker. You have to stand inside the circle and then hit the button. Wait a few and off you go. If you don't have the circle it is in the center of the room facing them behind computer bank. Hope this helps.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory, Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me

Cristari
12.24.2011 , 01:05 PM | #10
After finding the 3 crates and using the jet pack that I had to pull from mission inventory (wonderful flowing game play there!) I also didn't have the circle on the ground but was able to use the jetpack, never used the shield, didn't know i had to and he still died anyway!

Good luck with that quest as when I got to the bridge there was no one to talk to!