Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative DPS Brainstorming

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kington
12.16.2013 , 09:48 AM | #251
there are 2 main problems:
1) energy regen
2) no adequate saves (where is -30% from aoe?)

wollegol
12.16.2013 , 02:08 PM | #252
Why the silence from the devs? If they just would write a message now and then about how the op dps is performing in ranked, they must have a lot of data by now. Just give us something

Texnolyze
12.16.2013 , 03:58 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by wollegol View Post
Why the silence from the devs? If they just would write a message now and then about how the op dps is performing in ranked, they must have a lot of data by now. Just give us something
I don't want do disappoint you but based on devs idea of balancing it'll probably turn out to be something like this:

"Based on our metrics Operatives abuse Cloaking Screen ability in order to survive until the end of the round by staying stealthed. In some cases this can lead to winning a round, therefore we're preventing them from using Cloaking Screen in Ranked Warzone Arenas environment. In exchange, we're reducing the energy cost of using Overload Shot by 1 and increasing the amount of damage absorbed by Shield Probe by 5%."

Modules
12.16.2013 , 05:26 PM | #254
didn't read all of it, so my ideas may be repeating things that came up already.

concealment
as a baseline, look at the deception sin for inspiration. those guys had everything we should have before 2.5, and they got buffed while we got cover nerf.

some things that come to my mind are

* autocrit or near autocrit on hidden strike. could use some more dmg too. maybe even make it available out of stealth, but without knockdown
* why do we have -.5 sec on our stealth knockdown anyway, compared to sin?
* other knife-attacks could use some more dmg too, it's just bad as it is atm

lethality
* increase range of weakening blast, and maybe also cull
* change the free heal gained from roll to kolto injection, and make it 100%. keep time restriction though

both (this is the actually important part!)
survivability needs to be better!

* shield probe is garbage as is. absorption is gone in a blink, and it'll never save you from continued fire. damage reduction for a period please
* some kind of aoe dmg reduction
* bring back cover - worst move i've seen in the patch notes i had the pleasure to endure

IronScarlet
12.16.2013 , 07:56 PM | #255
One extra skill each tree

In tier 2 or 4 of skill tree no higher.

Lethality add Nero poison to Vibroblade. This will add a 3rd poison to lethality equaling buffing cull, now because it's shared; snipers get only a small buff because of Vibroblade short range equaling no big deal win win

Concealment this is easy unlicensed equipment. Allows operative to equip poison OR extra vibroblade in Mainhand
Poison (crafted) :; allows vibroblade to be equip with any wide variety of cc poisons with min damage dot
examples slow, negative healing buff, armor penetration
OR
Extra vibroblade same as marauder only 30% dps boost
Explains itself
Gives 3 diffrent playstyle to concealment
1. Rifle and blade
2. Poison and blade
3. Blade and blade

Medic LEAVE ALONE

re-edit

Ahebish
12.16.2013 , 10:12 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by IronScarlet View Post
One extra skill each tree

In tier 2 or 4 of skill tree no higher.

Lethality add Nero poison to overload shot. This will add a 3rd poison to lethality equaling buffing cull, now because it's shared; snipers get only a small buff because of Overload shot short range equaling no big deal win win

Concealment this is easy unlicensed equipment. Allows operative to equip poison OR extra vibroblade in Mainhand
Poison (crafted) :; allows vibroblade to be equip with any wide variety of cc poisons with min damage dot
examples slow, negative healing buff, armor penetration
OR
Extra vibroblade same as marauder only 30% dps boost
Explains itself
Gives 3 diffrent playstyle to concealment
1. Rifle and blade
2. Poison and blade
3. Blade and blade

Medic LEAVE ALONE
I can agree with this, but I don't think Snipers deserve to have this ability with their damage output topping charts right now, it's overkill and unnecessary.

They quite simply do not need it at all. Just give it to lethality spec, but make it class restricted to Operative advanced class only. It still gives Snipers the ability to use lethality and uncleanseable dots, but they do not benefit from a damage boost that you suggest...

Again, THEY DO NOT NEED IT!

Ahebish
12.16.2013 , 10:18 PM | #257
While I agree shield probe is garbage and could be buffed to something rediculous like sorc bubble;

Next time people get the chance, find a pocket healer find a pocket tank, Play hutball... grab the ball... pop a wz adrenal, and pop shield probe... tell me what happens...

I've done it many times, and I do not die and waltz all the way to the end zone with almost full HP by the time I get there. Granted teammates help with this, but let's be honest 4-6 people beating on you and can't kill you isn't a survivability problem.

Our damage is.

Racter
12.16.2013 , 11:12 PM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahebish View Post
While I agree shield probe is garbage and could be buffed to something rediculous like sorc bubble;

Next time people get the chance, find a pocket healer find a pocket tank, Play hutball... grab the ball... pop a wz adrenal, and pop shield probe... tell me what happens...

I've done it many times, and I do not die and waltz all the way to the end zone with almost full HP by the time I get there. Granted teammates help with this, but let's be honest 4-6 people beating on you and can't kill you isn't a survivability problem.

Our damage is.
Bads in regs not being able to kill you is hilarious, go try ranked. Enjoy getting almost globaled through guard. I have personally seen a taunted team kill me through guard with an adrenal, evasion and shield probe while I had two kolto infusions two kolto probes and one surgical probe. Not from 30-0, 100-0. That is a survivability problem. Our damage is totally fine l2p

Glower
12.17.2013 , 12:23 AM | #259
Give us two (or just one) optional stances - healing and DPS with a relevant buffs (defense, autocrits or pure damage buff) and debuffs (to healing done)!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Loc_n_lol
12.17.2013 , 12:31 AM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by IronScarlet View Post
Lethality add Nero poison to overload shot. This will add a 3rd poison to lethality equaling buffing cull, now because it's shared; snipers get only a small buff because of Overload shot short range equaling no big deal win win
Um what ? Snipers have a 30m overload shot. And cull really doesn't need a damage buff.