Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any plans for adding new playable species? Togruta maybe?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Cartel Market Suggestions
Any plans for adding new playable species? Togruta maybe?

Sportiva
12.12.2013 , 07:47 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
They did say that If Cathar sold well then they would do new species. Cathar did well but still no new info and it's been some time now...
But how many times has BW said similar things and then failed to deliver?

Off the top of my head:
- Legacy system is very well accepted, but it has bee around 18 months since they've expanded it.
- Character Appearance kiosk was very well accepted, but we have not seen any new styles introduced since they first rolled-out the kiosks.
- Recurring events are very popular, but BW introduces new rewards at a snails pace ... so the last to BH Weeks have been completely uninteresting to me at least.
- CM used to offer up a new armor set for sale (not a gambling box armor set) with every new patch (~every 2 weeks). It's been months since the last armor set was introduced.

IMO, all of BW statements and promises have a very short shelf-life. It strongly suggests that BW has very poor direction/planning on a vision of where SWTOR is heading long-term.
Master Jaice Jenod: Guardian Velo Jenx: GunslingerMaster Gira Jenx: Sage Major Jax’xen Jenod: Vanguard
Saen'a Jenod: Mercenary Dulymus Jenod: OperativeDarth Scoura: Assassin Darth Zetara: Marauder

AlexDougherty
12.12.2013 , 07:51 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Saito_Hiraga View Post
Since the Cathar was actually added Ive been wondering if there are plans to add new playable species, I mean there are more humanoid alien species that can be adapted to be playable.

I was specially thinking on the Togruta because they are well know and liked on the star wars universe, Ive seen already people asking for it since the game was on development and there are already many models to start working with. I understand the big problem is the headgear compatibility I guess you can make the same as you did with twileks, adjust headbands to forehead, let the horns visible on some masks and hide them with some helmets that doesnt look aesthetic with them.
For hoods just design a hood for this kind of character or simply dont allow this characters to wear hoods.

I think its pretty easy to make the Togruta playable since most gear is already tested with Ashara.
They said they had clipping issues with the Togruta, because the head tentacles rest on the shoulders rather than being freestanding like the Twilek "Lekku", this apparaently affects the outfits when you equip.

But I would like to see more races available.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

MasterLeavitt
12.14.2013 , 01:24 PM | #13
I want togruta BADLY too. I've been waiting on this to roll my main. Unfortunatly I don't think it will ever happen. Bioware seems more interested in making new cartel lockboxes then anything. I hope I get proved wrong but at this point I'm losing faith. I have purchased everything I want for this character and it's just sitting in my bank waiting for the day. I'm surprised bioware hasn't said a damn thing about this. We have already told them that we would gladly pay for it but again I don't think they care.

This is why I sub off and on all the time. Every time I go to level up a alt it's just like ugghh. I don't understand why companies ignore the paying customer base when we clearly tell them we will happily pay for something. Like I said, I really don't think it will happen and if so then eventually I will stop subbing all together.

DarthDymond
12.15.2013 , 09:09 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
They said they had clipping issues with the Togruta, because the head tentacles rest on the shoulders rather than being freestanding like the Twilek "Lekku", this apparaently affects the outfits when you equip.

But I would like to see more races available.
This is the key thing: since they said that, they put out the new human hair styles that include... wait for it... hair that falls forward over the shoulders!

When I saw that the first thing I thought was "Hey, hopefully they're testing clipping issues so we can get Togruta and Nautolians (and maybe new variations on the Twi'lek looks)!"

Here's hoping. Both Nautolians and Togruta are definitely in my top 5 races I'd like to see added.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

EnufThree
12.16.2013 , 03:50 PM | #15
These species should definitely be in game. It's ridiculous.

Since before this game went live, several different screen shots hinted at more species being available. And yes, some will say "Those screenshots were from an early unfinished build of the game and you shouldn't have taken anything from it other than 'this is what the game will sort of look like'".

Well I'm a little pissed about that, to be honest. We saw Jedi Kel Dors and Togrutas as well as a Sith Chagrian.

And with all the promises the developers made for this game, you'd think they'd give us something more than : Red human, normal Human, blue Human, green Human, blind Human, Human with horns and so on.

Why is it that SWG did a better job with species than a game that was released in 2012? Galaxies had Wookiees, Bothans, Rodians, Mon Calamari, Ithorians, Sullustans, Trandoshans.... WAY better options than what TOR has.
I suppose getting a lyrium tattoo of breasts on my chest would make things better...

http://ricochetmatt.deviantart.com/

psandak
12.16.2013 , 03:56 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by EnufThree View Post
These species should definitely be in game. It's ridiculous.

Since before this game went live, several different screen shots hinted at more species being available. And yes, some will say "Those screenshots were from an early unfinished build of the game and you shouldn't have taken anything from it other than 'this is what the game will sort of look like'".

Well I'm a little pissed about that, to be honest. We saw Jedi Kel Dors and Togrutas as well as a Sith Chagrian.

And with all the promises the developers made for this game, you'd think they'd give us something more than : Red human, normal Human, blue Human, green Human, blind Human, Human with horns and so on.

Why is it that SWG did a better job with species than a game that was released in 2012? Galaxies had Wookiees, Bothans, Rodians, Mon Calamari, Ithorians, Sullustans, Trandoshans.... WAY better options than what TOR has.
  • Lower end graphics
  • Customers did not care as much about poor graphics back then.
Also did SWG have ALL those species at launch? I honestly do not know, but given other experiences in other games for longer periods of time...probably not.

SawneyRath
12.16.2013 , 04:55 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
They did say that If Cathar sold well then they would do new species. Cathar did well but still no new info and it's been some time now...
I can tell you there is another Race being worked on. They said so at the New York Cantina Tour. Few of us heard them talking about it while we were Mingling with the Devs.

They didn't say what, or when, but they did say there would be a new one in the future.
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~

EnufThree
12.16.2013 , 07:04 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
  • Lower end graphics
  • Customers did not care as much about poor graphics back then.
Also did SWG have ALL those species at launch? I honestly do not know, but given other experiences in other games for longer periods of time...probably not.
Even for lower end graphics they looked pretty good. And with better graphics and models for these species already present in game, I fail to see WHY they can't be included.

Most of them were at launch. Only a few were added later. Doesn't make a difference though. SWG still had a better selection at launch than TOR did.
I suppose getting a lyrium tattoo of breasts on my chest would make things better...

http://ricochetmatt.deviantart.com/

Projawa
12.16.2013 , 09:19 PM | #19
togruta+

Zidovain
12.17.2013 , 07:14 AM | #20
Yoda's species! Whatever it's called