Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any celebrities play this game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Any celebrities play this game?

Jeweledleah
12.13.2013 , 11:51 AM | #21
and then I ask myself the question... why does it even matter, only to answer it to myself - we're so celebrity obsessed that endorsement from one does more to get us interested on sheer principle of "I'm experiencing the same thing as someone famous" as if it makes you famous by association or something, then being interested in something for its own sakes because we, ourselves like it for what it is.
Blizzard folks are smart. that's why they used all of those celebrities in commercials even though, I have a feeling most of them don't even play WoW, they just got paid to do a commercial

fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg
12.13.2013 , 07:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
as someone else said if they did they'd not ever talk about it.

Hypothetical situation. if say... Patrick stewart played SW:TOR. if he posted here "yeah I play SW:TOR, my character is named "bob" and I play on ebon falcon.

He'd be getting a LOT of tells. and proably constant harassment
If Patrik Stewart did play Swtor, then his character would probably be a smuggler whose name is Picard and has the "Captain" title applied to his character name. I haven't seen any guy walking around with that name on the Bastion server yet lol. I wonder if Brent Spiner plays SWTOR lol?
Speak softly, and carry a big blaster.

Callaron
12.13.2013 , 10:51 PM | #23
Hah, this thread made me hit Google for celebrities that game; and apparently a lot of them like WoW - including Janina Gavankar, who does seem like one of the actual gaming celebrities if you look at her twitter and various interviews.
She mentioned in the interview with MOG Nation that she's looking to play more video game characters AND she tweeted:
"Janina Gavankar ‏@Janina 1 december
I WON THE LEGO STAR WARS DEATH STAR II ON EBAYYYYYY"

So obviously she's a Star Wars fan - what are you waiting for Bioware?
Voice actress for the next female companion found!
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Daknel
12.15.2013 , 11:45 PM | #24
I read a new article that said George Lucas plays to this very day.

dancezwithnubz
12.16.2013 , 12:31 AM | #25
if I was a celeb playing this game, i MIGHT admit to playing it, but i certainly wouldn't let the world know my legacy/character name.

Technohic
12.16.2013 , 12:21 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
Sheldon Cooper, Leonard Hofstadter, Howard Wolowitz and Rajesh Koothrappali play SWTOR... along with Bernadette Rostenkowski.

Those are surely more celebreties to me than the lame Mr.T and Chucky Norris
I have the hots for Bernadette (Melissa Rauch). She should remain anonymous.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

GreatGizka
12.16.2013 , 04:17 PM | #27
I bet Simon Pegg does.
Just a guess, mind.
They're going there with their friends.

fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg
12.16.2013 , 10:06 PM | #28
If Justin Beiber started to play this game, I would put together an anti Beiber guild, and put together an army on the opposite faction as him to swarm him with angry mobs of sith, agents, and bounty hunters. With my plan he would be out of here in a day.

fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg
12.16.2013 , 10:07 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I have the hots for Bernadette (Melissa Rauch). She should remain anonymous.
BTW I like Penny better than Bernadette.

ImmortalLowlife
12.17.2013 , 07:12 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
Sheldon Cooper, Leonard Hofstadter, Howard Wolowitz and Rajesh Koothrappali play SWTOR... along with Bernadette Rostenkowski.

Those are surely more celebreties to me than the lame Mr.T and Chucky Norris

I have NO idea who any of these ppl are, never even heard of em before. I do know Mr. T & Chuck Norris tho lol. My idea of celebrities would be ppl like TI, Trey Songz, & Juicy J who I know for a fact have gaming systems on their tour buses. Or ppl like Taye Diggs, Sanaa Lathan, Morris Chestnut, or even Snoop who are all gamers & SW fans although that doesn't necessarily mean they play swtor.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~