Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has anybody else noticed?

DAMossimo
12.16.2013 , 07:47 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
Yeah, I think we might need to stop using analogies because it still makes no sense to me.
Have we moved on to discussing utterly irrational behavior?
Because, what your friend did is the very definition of irrationality. He doesn't like a certain thing, he even made fun of it and then he decided to give it a try, invest time and money on it because...?
Agreed. My friend was irrational, and many on this forums are irrational, everyone pretty much agrees there.

The question is, what to do when faced with irrationality?

Engage it and fight it?

Help alleviate it if you can, or ignore it if you can't?

I choose the latter. If everyone did, I guarantee we'd see less and less of these posts popping up. There are those who feed on discontent, and going head-to-head with irrational people just makes you yourself sound irrational and doesn't help in the end.

Spatology
12.16.2013 , 08:05 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
Agreed. My friend was irrational, and many on this forums are irrational, everyone pretty much agrees there.

The question is, what to do when faced with irrationality?

Engage it and fight it?

Help alleviate it if you can, or ignore it if you can't?

I choose the latter. If everyone did, I guarantee we'd see less and less of these posts popping up. There are those who feed on discontent, and going head-to-head with irrational people just makes you yourself sound irrational and doesn't help in the end.
Its clear to me you are projecting.

There is NOTHING irrational about trying to improve things you love.

Whats irrational? You, trying to understand people on a psychological or philisophical level based off of forum post. Or your scrutinizing of random people's opinions on the internet maybe?

Labeling people as irrational is really just a cop out. It seems your agenda is to delegitimize or ostracize their opinion in a public forum for a game of which they are a subscriber.

This thread is utter garbage.

Thanks
Spat

DAMossimo
12.16.2013 , 09:22 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
Its clear to me you are projecting.

There is NOTHING irrational about trying to improve things you love.

Whats irrational? You, trying to understand people on a psychological or philisophical level based off of forum post. Or your scrutinizing of random people's opinions on the internet maybe?

Labeling people as irrational is really just a cop out. It seems your agenda is to delegitimize or ostracize their opinion in a public forum for a game of which they are a subscriber.

This thread is utter garbage.

Thanks
Spat
If you truly feel that you are one of the people I am labelling irrational, then you might want to take a step back and evaluate your priorities. Looking back at your post history (ignoring this one of course), I would certainly not label you irrational.

And if you think I have in any way, shape, or form, defended the OP, you have misunderstood every idea I have tried to get across in this thread.

Dustotepp
12.16.2013 , 10:15 AM | #74
I am a relatively new poster and I have noticed the same thing about the people that seem to just be haters and troll. I'm not talking about criticism. I'm talking about the people that just endlessly attack everything about the game. I can't wrap my mind around why anyone would do that. If I were more of a conspiracy theorist I would suspect they were working for Wildstar or something, trying to convince people to leave.

Infernixx
12.16.2013 , 11:14 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Dustotepp View Post
I am a relatively new poster and I have noticed the same thing about the people that seem to just be haters and troll. I'm not talking about criticism. I'm talking about the people that just endlessly attack everything about the game. I can't wrap my mind around why anyone would do that. If I were more of a conspiracy theorist I would suspect they were working for Wildstar or something, trying to convince people to leave.
It's not that complicated. Some people just enjoy whining and crying and they'll pay for the right to do so.

I, for one, welcome their financial donations and the opportunity to get a giggle at their postings.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Infernixx
12.16.2013 , 11:17 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by RandomXChance View Post
Just wanted to highlight a great example of a completely pointless response that does nothing but trash the opposing view while contributing nothing to the conversation.
For some people, it's not about comparing ideas or suggestions, it's about winning the argument. Disparaging the 'other side' is just part and parcel of how such people work.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Hyfy
12.16.2013 , 11:25 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
How dare those customers who are not part of the Special Snowflake Forum Clique post?

Who do they think they are?

And to disagree with the Clique?

They don't even have a sig, or have their text colored to be special.

How dare they!
I don't think it's the fact that people disagree. However they are first off abusing the referral program. Second, those people have done nothing but repeatedly troll the forums. Some even obviously circumventing bans by creating another new account to continue to troll and call out others in a manner that is against ToS.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Sarfux
12.16.2013 , 11:39 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
I don't think it's the fact that people disagree. However they are first off abusing the referral program. Second, those people have done nothing but repeatedly troll the forums. Some even obviously circumventing bans by creating another new account to continue to troll and call out others in a manner that is against ToS.
Again. This right here is exactly what I am talking about. I am in no way shape or form telling anybody that hve their own opinion about the game that they cannot have it. Let's get that straight here because some posters seem to think that's what I am saying.

Your post, like I have said many times before, is exactly what I am talking about. Those people do nothing but troll, bring very negative criticism, get people riled up and cause problems and just overall hate the game. It's just a fact. You guys have seen it.
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

curtkram
12.16.2013 , 11:46 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
For some people, it's not about comparing ideas or suggestions, it's about winning the argument. Disparaging the 'other side' is just part and parcel of how such people work.
something like 32 posts yesterday. you spend a lot of time here. what argument are you trying to win?

TUXs
12.16.2013 , 11:54 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackholeskipper View Post
And yes, again, there are many troll threads. I understand that. Well, go back and look at some of these threads and see who's posting in them. Half the posts are from these elite posters defending the game. If it's already a troll thread, then just let it die. If it's a more serious thread that's actually discussing things, then let it thrive. The forums doesn't need a self-appointed police force.

And seriously, where are the moderators in all this? They could pop in once in a while and restore order, maybe issue a few warnings when things get out of hand.
As one of the "usual posters", I agree 100% with you on this entire topic. I think the level of insults and increased attacks on people is going largely unchecked and is doing more to cause a toxic community than any other issue. The "cool" thing seems to be to troll and antagonize people who comment incorrectly on anything about the game.

I find it disgusting tbh. I think it's reprehensible that Bioware allows a few trolls, defenders or not, to drive off so many of their customers.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)