Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game feels abandoned

AlienEyeTX
12.16.2013 , 10:07 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Wintermist View Post
Well, to be fair when something new is released, everyone would want to spend time with it. That's natural. That will probably wear off with much the same reason the main world wore off.

What I mean when it I said it wasn't what was asked for, I meant that what players really wanted was to be able to fly free, much like in SWG. It's definately what I want, but I'm not saying now that I don't like GS, because it's fun, but it is a PvP arena after all, and something you jump into, then jump out of. It's not like jumping into your ship, piloting it around in space above and around the space station. Then deciding to go to lightspeed and continue flying around with your ship.

It's not really the same thing. GS you have to queue for, it's not something you can hop into when you want, the queue has to let you in first.
Not to be negative, but that seems rather useless and boring to me. What would be the point of just flying around the galaxy? There is nothing to discover. At least if I just went "exploring" on a planet, there would be things to find or do. Flying around space without any combat or objective does not seem like something many people would enjoy.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Wintermist
12.16.2013 , 10:24 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Not to be negative, but that seems rather useless and boring to me. What would be the point of just flying around the galaxy? There is nothing to discover. At least if I just went "exploring" on a planet, there would be things to find or do. Flying around space without any combat or objective does not seem like something many people would enjoy.
You said it except missed that space combat would be included in that free flight. Perhaps you are not familiar with how SWG did it, but there was free flight, you could sit and watch out the window how others fought, and so on. It was alive. You could ride around with eachother ships, man gun turrets and so on. It really was amazing, and that is what would be great in SWTOR too.
Hand Disinfection.

Denerio
12.16.2013 , 10:56 AM | #113
It's abandoned because they are too busy making new things for the cartel market instead of making content. The game should be called Star War the Cartel Market.

AlienEyeTX
12.16.2013 , 11:01 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Wintermist View Post
You said it except missed that space combat would be included in that free flight. Perhaps you are not familiar with how SWG did it, but there was free flight, you could sit and watch out the window how others fought, and so on. It was alive. You could ride around with eachother ships, man gun turrets and so on. It really was amazing, and that is what would be great in SWTOR too.
Yeah, I have no clue how it was done in SWG. I played SWG for a few months when it first came out. That was it.

This is a vastly different (better, IMO) game than SWG. I'm not saying that I wouldn't mind some different mechanics in the gameplay, but it has to make sense for what this game is.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

branmakmuffin
12.16.2013 , 11:36 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by HexDecimalUK View Post
And it has done for a long loong time since before free2play and while i am looking forwards to new games in 2014 (ESO/Wildstar/Titanfall/etc) i would certainly rather stay on SW:TOR
Then do so. The choice is yours.

To those who keep saying "TOR is not as good as SWG," well, go play an SWG emu. "Problem" solved.

JPryde
12.16.2013 , 12:22 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Denerio View Post
It's abandoned because they are too busy making new things for the cartel market instead of making content. The game should be called Star War the Cartel Market.
Yeah.. They should create a 3D space game instead of focusing on Cartel Market.. oh wait..
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

TUXs
12.16.2013 , 12:29 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by HexDecimalUK View Post
I mean there could be so much more going on in the game if someone just organized it.

:2 hours of valor and bolster in outlaws den
:raid bosses attacking kaas city or even the FLEET
:NPC invasions of random friendly zones
:double XP drop in/drop out Open space combat
:Mining events like 2 hours of awesome drops in specific places like again kaas city and so on
:2 hours of faster crafting
:Po'Companion'mon load into arenas with ur companion and u can only control their quick-bars
:Pet-Hunts (and realy they need to be respawning when their available who the hell re-clicks them after every Ops just sayin)
:2 hours of PVE coms drop-chance in certain places
:gambling on naar shaddar (i also seem to remember a droid race back in the day)
: tickets to load into ranked arenas as a spectator in spectator boxes (grey out quick bars)
:add a form of bolster and access to coruscation for imps and DK for pubs lowbies can insta-gib their enemy's for 2 hours but also have 55 enemy players spawning in random areas, will you defend your own young-lings or invade?
: hunt down Revan (he is hiding somewhere in the galaxy as a world boss, find him and call for re reinforcements, defeat him for rewards) once u target him he throws up a shield that requires a 30 man group to beat lowby worlds could bolster any player in the fight perhapse?
These are freaking awesome ideas!!!! AWESOME IDEAS!

Please keep these ideas around...great and easy suggestions!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Floredon
12.16.2013 , 12:49 PM | #118
you should post in the suggestion forum, not in general.

LegoUniverseBC
12.16.2013 , 02:29 PM | #119
We do NOT need the BBA to come around more often. I hate that event, it's dull and boring. I feel events should come ever 2-4 months.

Elfa
12.16.2013 , 02:30 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by LegoUniverseBC View Post
We do NOT need the BBA to come around more often. I hate that event, it's dull and boring. I feel events should come ever 2-4 months.
Nobody is making you run the event, why would it bother you if others had the chance more often?
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law