Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I wont buy another gametime card, seemsi quit swtor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I wont buy another gametime card, seemsi quit swtor

OddballEasyEight
12.16.2013 , 05:20 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
That's pretty inaccurate, since during the first two years before the expansion was released WoW also put out:
5 Raids:
Blackwing Lair (1.6)
Zul'Gurub (1.7)
Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj (1.9)
Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (1.9)
Naxxramas (1.11)

4 Dungeons:
Maraudon (1.2)
Dire Maul East (1.3)
Dire Maul West (1.3)
Dire Maul North (1.3)

3 One-Time Events:
Gates of Ahn'Qiraj (1.9)
Scourge Invasion (1.11)
Opening the Dark Portal (2.0)

3 Annual Events:

Feast of the Winter Veil (1.2)
Children's Week (1.4)
Hallows End (1.8)

3 Reoccuring Events:

Elemental Invasions (1.4)
Darkmoon Faire (1.6)
Stranglethron Fishing Extravaganza (1.7)

6 World Bosses:
Azurgos (1.3)
Lord Kazzak (1.3)
Lethon (1.8)
Emeriss (1.8)
Ysondre (1.8)
Taerar (1.8)

3 Battlegrounds:

Warsong Gulch (1.5)
Alterac Valley (1.5)
Arathi Basin (1.7)

4 Quest Hubs:
Thorium Point (1.5)
Revantusk Village (1.5)
Silithus (complete zone revamp) (1.8)
Light's Hope Chapel (1.11)

Various Quality of Life/Other:

Significant UI improvements (1.3)
Weather (1.10)
Cross-Realm Battlegrounds (1.12)
Sure, but the OP also cherrypicked his stuff and left out alot of other stuff that has been added, so I thought I'd cherrypick too... Or is cherrypicking only allowed when complaining?

DarthDymond
12.16.2013 , 06:44 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Sure, but the OP also cherrypicked his stuff and left out alot of other stuff that has been added, so I thought I'd cherrypick too... Or is cherrypicking only allowed when complaining?
Naw just the opposite - I pointed out how unfair OP's anemic list was, which is why it didn't seem fair to let yours slide either
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Yakito
12.16.2013 , 07:44 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
it is shocking how many people list exactly these reasons, star wars and lightsabers.
So if EA's Battlefront and open world SW multiplayer game come out, guess what will happen to TORs population..
The fact is, if this game wasn't Star Wars, it would be absolutely deserted right now.
The only thing that makes most people stay in it is because it has lightsabers and is placed in one of the most epic universes ever created.
And that's it.

It's very far from being finished. I re subbed after 1,5 years and I have to say that there's barely anything added or changed. And even less things are fixed, I still see some ridiculous bugs that I saw at launch, and I cannot possibly take the developers seriously - it is obvious to me that they gave up and they are just trying to keep the game breathing, but not really trying to make it great.

Aries_cz
12.16.2013 , 08:03 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Yakito View Post
The fact is, if this game wasn't Star Wars, it would be absolutely deserted right now.
The only thing that makes most people stay in it is because it has lightsabers and is placed in one of the most epic universes ever created.
And that's it.
I, for example, play this game because it is a good sci-fi (or space opera, science fantasy, whatever we are going to call the genre) MMORPG, of which we have not seen much in last years, or they were much more money-grubbing (STO) or really niche (EVE). I also play because my guild is truly awesome, without them, I would probably be playing much less.

As to the "its star wars", it is a known fact that many consumers choose stuff based on a brand. So yes, the Star Wars name brings people who would not think about playing another generic fantasy mmo, but who might be willing to try a "star wars" game.

Also, lightsabers are pretty awesome
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

darthmorbous
12.16.2013 , 09:04 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
it is shocking how many people list exactly these reasons, star wars and lightsabers.
So if EA's Battlefront and open world SW multiplayer game come out, guess what will happen to TORs population..
there wouldnt be any.
Trevise Jedi Shadow
Karkus Tritonos, Sith Marauder
Hanunaki ; assassin

OddballEasyEight
12.16.2013 , 09:45 AM | #56
And that's it.

It's very far from being finished. I re subbed after 1,5 years and I have to say that there's barely anything added or changed. And even less things are fixed, I still see some ridiculous bugs that I saw at launch, and I cannot possibly take the developers seriously - it is obvious to me that they gave up and they are just trying to keep the game breathing, but not really trying to make it great.
That is an impossibility to say for certain.
Who knows if this game wouldn't have been awesome if bioware had made it set in the mass effect universe instead (just as an example)?
The story is great, and I would have liked it even if it wasn't set in Star Wars.
Sure, the star wars name has a certain pull, but the game wouldn't be "dead" for certain in the hypothetical situation where it wasn't set in Star Wars. There is just no way to know that for certain.

Lord_Ravenhurst
12.16.2013 , 10:01 AM | #57
And that's it.
well then we can speculate what the plan is for TOR when Star Wars BFIII is out, cause I bet that one has lightsabers and "Star Wars" written all over it (also the more popular time period).

JPryde
12.16.2013 , 10:05 AM | #58
Yeah, SWTOR without starwars would be deserted.

And WoW without Warcraft would have never gotten more than 500k subscribers.

What is the point of such arguments? No matter what SWTOR changes, it will NEVER be not Starwars.

One could as well say "Online games without internet would be deserted".
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Denerio
12.16.2013 , 10:07 AM | #59
Beginning to think this game will never come out with a real legitimate expansion.

JPryde
12.16.2013 , 10:12 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Denerio View Post
Beginning to think this game will never come out with a real legitimate expansion.
I agree... SWTOR could overnight double their content and implement 4 new races with 8 new classes, all fully voiced and 20 new levels, 8 new planets, 50 new FPs, 10 new OPs, 20 new battlegrounds and a full hundred new ships for GSF... and people would still find a reason, why it would not be a "real legitimate" expansion... How do you define that by the way?
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !