Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

Sorwen
12.15.2013 , 02:23 PM | #151
I'm trying to figure out why to celebrate they are punishing me with Scout Starfighter Paint Jobs and 25 stacks of faction-based fireworks. I would rather have the coal. I would get a lot more use out of it since I don't PvP or care about all the fireworks that are going to be shot in my face..
Forever and always forward.
Please save me from the shortsightedness of developers that think they are clever.
More family tree options
Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8. (and I didn't even get a T-shirt)

Edzew
12.15.2013 , 02:50 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
Because it's a cold, hard fact that no one EVER complained about the rewards given in SWG.

/roseColoredGlasses
only reason someone would complain about rewards in SWG was because they did work correctly. other than that i never saw anyone complain about the rewords

Rankyn
12.15.2013 , 03:42 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Edzew View Post
only reason someone would complain about rewards in SWG was because they did work correctly. other than that i never saw anyone complain about the rewords
They complained about them for the same reasons they complain about them here:
- Not enough thought.
- Lame.
- Only appeals to the hardcore/casuals.
- Just a re-skin.
- Just more of the same.
- Not Star Warsy.
- Wanted something better.

The list goes on.

Wintermist
12.15.2013 , 03:45 PM | #154
- Not enough thought.
- Lame.
- Just a re-skin.
- Just more of the same.
- Not Star Warsy.

The list goes on.
And there's me. I thought it didn't show much appreciation from BioWare themselves celebrating two years considering the rough start it had. I thought they would be happy and really try and show it to the players with something special. I didn't care about the gift itself, to me it just looked as if BioWare was so exhausted with the game now that they just didn't have any enthusiasm left for celebration. I found it rather sad to be honest. I want them to be happy. I want it to show. It didn't to me.
Hand Disinfection.

Edzew
12.15.2013 , 04:09 PM | #155
- Not enough thought.
- Lame.
- Just a re-skin.
- Just more of the same.
- Not Star Warsy.

The list goes on.
ok now i know you are just trolling because you could choose what items you got and other items were not reskined.

Houzukimaru
12.15.2013 , 05:35 PM | #156
They are indeed underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I demand good free stuff, but if they're going to make a big deal out of it, they should show that it's a big deal. If they hadn't done anything for this beyond mentioning it there wouldn't have been an issue, but by hyping it they are pretty much setting this up.

tldr; Meh, oh well.
Lieutenant Mij Galaar
2nd Assault Platoon Commander
Alpha Company
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

Euphrosyne
12.15.2013 , 05:38 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Houzukimaru View Post
They are indeed underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I demand good free stuff, but if they're going to make a big deal out of it, they should show that it's a big deal. If they hadn't done anything for this beyond mentioning it there wouldn't have been an issue, but by hyping it they are pretty much setting this up.

tldr; Meh, oh well.
The only people that have made a big deal out of it, as far as I've seen, are the people who've decided to stuff this thread full of whiny posts about how free stuff isn't good enough.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil

darthmorbous
12.15.2013 , 07:22 PM | #158
i would even settle for a pack or whatever. Eveyr other game ive played offers WAY better gifts.
hell i would even prefer nothing than that joke.
Trevise Jedi Shadow
Karkus Tritonos, Sith Marauder
Hanunaki ; assassin

darthmorbous
12.15.2013 , 07:22 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Houzukimaru View Post

tldr; Meh, oh well.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Trevise Jedi Shadow
Karkus Tritonos, Sith Marauder
Hanunaki ; assassin

TheNahash
12.15.2013 , 07:23 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by darthmorbous View Post
i would even settle for a pack or whatever. Eveyr other game ive played offers WAY better gifts.
hell i would even prefer nothing than that joke.
Yeah, because that would show they put some thought into it, it would be so much more personal and appreciative and it definitely wouldn't have players crying about Bioware's focus on the Cartel Market.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sorwen View Post
I'm trying to figure out why to celebrate they are punishing me with Scout Starfighter Paint Jobs and 25 stacks of faction-based fireworks. I would rather have the coal. I would get a lot more use out of it since I don't PvP or care about all the fireworks that are going to be shot in my face..
Umm...you know no one's forcing you to keep the fireworks or use the paint job, right?
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic