Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rakghoul Overlord on Taris

Eitetsu
07.30.2013 , 05:23 PM | #31
Yes, he is in the power plant. And yes, he is a rare spawn. It took me a LONG time to nab him as well. You basically need to camp and wait for a new instance to open up, or catch right after server reset on Tuesday. And so forth. It is quite annoying. I have felt you pain.

Stick with it and you'll get it.
Eitetsu - Assassin; Tenzinn - Marauder; Kathedra - Mercenary; Korrana - Operative; Murasaki - Sorcerer; Tathata - Juggernaut; Weißreiter - Sniper; Aureatus - Powertech

MrNihulus
10.06.2013 , 09:59 PM | #32
I definitely agree, the respawn timer needs to be toned down, the best chance of getting him is by waiting for another instance to pop up on taris. Maybe the rakghoul should have an anti solo mechanic so it will require a group, I think that might be a better solution just like the coruscant world boss

demotivator
10.27.2013 , 06:27 AM | #33
I just can't understand the need for such a long respawn on that kind of mob. It's not like it's dropping an amazing loot and its access needs to be limited.

But BioWare never had been keen to decisions making sense. So no wonder.

So my server no longer has the population to get a new instance on Taris. And there is no way I can be around when the server restarts on tuesday (something called "working"). So that means that I can give this achievement up for good? This is beyond ridiculous.
Randomizing your forums.

AlrikFassbauer
10.27.2013 , 06:55 AM | #34
I think I never met him because of that time frame ?
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

dinchydoo
11.27.2013 , 08:42 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post
I just can't understand the need for such a long respawn on that kind of mob. It's not like it's dropping an amazing loot and its access needs to be limited.

But BioWare never had been keen to decisions making sense. So no wonder.

So my server no longer has the population to get a new instance on Taris. And there is no way I can be around when the server restarts on tuesday (something called "working"). So that means that I can give this achievement up for good? This is beyond ridiculous.
same we need to know the respwan time would help and we even tryed a round the rest time 11-1300 gmt lass to no evail.....come on this is geting to be a bad joke......
The differants between Democracy & Anarcky is Experience AND Education !!
We all wish to control other peolpe , but it's the methods that are in Question?
Very few people make History for the Right reason?
Few see the real futher which it will become our own history

Dragoon-
12.02.2013 , 11:33 PM | #36
He don't respawn at all. As mention before, he spawns only once on instance creation, then never again. So either log out at his location before a server restart, like when a patch is applied, then immediately login when the servers are back online, or wait for a new instance to be created and then switch.
Elara Dorne: I'll be ready with any number of regulation-approved punishments when the opportunity arises.
"Everyone fights, Private Ganbar. Either you go in shooting or we freeze you in carbonite and use you as a shield.."

Lahandra
12.15.2013 , 02:46 PM | #37
Ridiculous..... Bioware.... do you read the forums??? Please at least make this a reasonable re spawn timer... couple of hours maybe??..... not everyone who plays the game can afford to wait around for a new instance to pop, or manage to be on exactly when a server restart happens..... ***????
Lahandra
(Carnage/Annihilation Marauder)
LEGION guild on Jedi Covenant

Sorei
12.15.2013 , 02:51 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Lahandra View Post
Ridiculous..... Bioware.... do you read the forums??? Please at least make this a reasonable re spawn timer... couple of hours maybe??..... not everyone who plays the game can afford to wait around for a new instance to pop, or manage to be on exactly when a server restart happens..... ***????
Last tuesday, I finally managed to get it, but only because I came home at noon and expected the maintenance to end sooner. Not everyone has that luxury, so I agree, let it respawn every three hours or so. The monster isn't anything special.

Wintermist
12.15.2013 , 03:03 PM | #39
The Rakghoul event is probably my favourite one. I remember the first time, when they had just released it and everyone onf Fleet ended up sick. It was hilarious, BioWare hadn't thought it through perfectly before releasing. It was a mistake, but it was so funny.
Hand Disinfection.

PetFish
12.16.2013 , 12:38 AM | #40
Definitely do not change how often this guy spawns.

Rare and unique items need to *stay* rare and unique. It's really cool to finally get a title/speeder/hat/etc and anyone who knows about it will know how tough some things are to acquire and (should) respect the player who managed to do it.

SWTOR needs more things like this that take lots of time and/or effort to earn. Personally, I didn't even know about this but now it's something I can look forward to achieving and just gives me one more cool thing to do.
D'alari'ia - Sage | Balthaza'ar - Gunslinger | V'alexi'ia - Guardian
Maligna'ar - Commando | N'althaeni'ia - Scoundrel | Palada'ar - Vanguard | C'alystri'ia - Sentinel
T'alari'ia - Marauder | Xalava'ar - PowerTech | F'alconi'ia - Assassin
Halona'ar - Sniper | Q'aldoni'ia - Operative | Kalyntha'ar - Sorcerer | Galvana'ar - Juggernaut