Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

Arkerus
12.15.2013 , 10:43 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Rileysoph View Post
entitlement
ɪnˈtʌɪt(ə)lmənt/Submit
noun
the fact of having a right to something.

FYI, asking for more is NOT entitlement.

It's obvious that you use the entitlement card because you can't think of a better argument. Asking for more does not mean that person is entitled for more. It simply means that they may not be satisfied with what they got when they ask for more. If someone kindly asks you for some more cake at a birthday party you'd be the kind of person who would go YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO MORE CAKE.

However if someone said "give me some more cake, i am entitled to it, i have a right to have more cake" then obviously you can call them entitled because the cake is only a gift

And I supposing asking for more bug fixes makes someone seem they are entitled? YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ASK FOR BUG FIXES STOP BEING GREEDY.

the amount of uneducated children on these forums is too damn high!
Asking for MORE "free stuff" just because you are a sub is the EXACT definition of entitlement. You do not have a right to anything more than what is described in the TOS. What is even more ridiculous is when people say they are being treated unfairly. IF you are, you have the right to leave but you are not entitled to anything more than what you are given.

Don't like it? Cry some more.

Lol. And way to leave part of the definition out:

: the feeling or belief that you deserve to be given something (such as special privileges)

Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/entitlement
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Reno_Tarshil
12.15.2013 , 10:45 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
Asking for MORE "free stuff" just because you are a sub is the EXACT definition of entitlement. You do not have a right to anything more than what is described in the TOS. What is even more ridiculous is when people say they are being treated unfairly. IF you are, you have the right to leave but you are not entitled to anything more than what you are given.

: the feeling or belief that you deserve to be given something (such as special privileges)
Fact.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote: Originally Posted by EvenHardNiner View Post
Ah fair enough. You are right.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

Rileysoph
12.15.2013 , 10:48 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
I love it that people wanted Cartel Coins as gifts for the 2nd anniversary.

Brings back summertime memories of people feeling "slapped in the face" for getting Cartel Coins as an appreciation gift and discussions about how acting like a complete cretin when someone gives you a gift you don't like is the "right and honest thing to do".

The SWTOR community...
The SWTOR community never changes.
Clearly the point flew straight over your head.

For "subscriber appreciation" gift...you know...for the people who pay money and support the game, just giving them cartel coins was completely lazy. It was probably thought up in 2 minutes, it's completely underwhelming for them to have given us virtual currency. A lot of people agreed that having an actual item...something that had time and effort from bioware into making it, would have been much better.

Like that person said before, you'd probably be happy that someone gave you a rotten cheese burger "bubub-b-b-b-bbut its a gift! i'm not complaining! you don't like your rotten cheese burger?? omg so entitled! it's a gift!"

Clearly you don't know the meaning of quality, effort or respect.

You're right, SWTOR community never changes.

Rileysoph
12.15.2013 , 10:50 AM | #144

Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/entitlement
Asking for some more stuff does not mean you think you deserve it. I can ask someone for more cake, it doesn't mean i think i deserve more cake.

Theres a difference between asking and demanding. Demanding = entitlement. Asking = not entitlement.

I've just won this argument. You can go back to daycare now.

Arkerus
12.15.2013 , 10:52 AM | #145
Asking for some more stuff does not mean you think you deserve it. I can ask someone for more cake, it doesn't mean i think i deserve more cake.

I've just won this argument. You can go back to daycare now.
The definition is right there. Read it and weep.

No amount of putting your hands over your eyes and going "nana boo boo" will make it go away.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Rileysoph
12.15.2013 , 10:54 AM | #146
The definition is right there. Read it and weep.
the feeling or belief that you deserve to be given something (such as special privileges)

I would like to have some more cake, even though I don't think I deserve more cake. = not entitlement

I want more cake, give me the free cake now, i demand more cake = entitlement

Cry more? You're going nowhere with this.

Sobur
12.15.2013 , 10:56 AM | #147
No different then any other online game , world of tanks gives you a tier 2 tank , EVE gives you a shuttle.

Commomp
12.15.2013 , 12:29 PM | #148
By far the best anniversary rewards for a game were given in Star Wars galaxies. Bio ware doesn't seem to get the idea that an anniversary is more than just fireworks, but it's a chance to have some truly rare pieces within a game.
CE For SWTOR and lovin it!
There is nothing in life that can't be explained after having smoked a little bantha poodu.

Rankyn
12.15.2013 , 02:19 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Commomp View Post
By far the best anniversary rewards for a game were given in Star Wars galaxies.
Because it's a cold, hard fact that no one EVER complained about the rewards given in SWG.

/roseColoredGlasses

Rankyn
12.15.2013 , 02:21 PM | #150
I would like to have some more cake, even though I don't think I deserve more cake. = not entitlement

I want more cake, give me the free cake now, i demand more cake = entitlement
Except for the fact that this thread is all about "The cake you have given me isn't good enough. Give me a better cake."
That's entitlement.