Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
12.15.2013 , 09:58 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
True, the sponge actually performs a function and is re-usable.
Unless your Wife loves sponges, fireworks would be a better gift because women love to lay and watch fireworks go off while snuggling with their sweetums.

So in this case Fireworks would be a better gift than a 2 dollar sponge from wal-mart.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote: Originally Posted by EvenHardNiner View Post
Ah fair enough. You are right.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

Elfa's Avatar


Elfa
12.15.2013 , 10:02 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Unless your Wife loves sponges, fireworks would be a better gift because women love to lay and watch fireworks go off while snuggling with their sweetums.

So in this case Fireworks would be a better gift than a 2 dollar sponge from wal-mart.
My wife hates fireworks so your blanket statement is incorrect. We can go back and forth all day on this but its obvious you are happy with the free gift and I find it underwhelming. Let's agree to disagree.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
12.15.2013 , 10:04 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
My wife hates fireworks so your blanket statement is incorrect. We can go back and forth all day on this but its obvious you are happy with the free gift and I find it underwhelming. Let's agree to disagree.
Okay Pookie.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote: Originally Posted by EvenHardNiner View Post
Ah fair enough. You are right.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

Edzew's Avatar


Edzew
12.15.2013 , 10:08 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
You didn't prove anything. You pay for a service, you get the service. Asking for more is the exact definition of entitlement. No wonder they called everyone after gen Y the entitlement generation.
who said i was trying to prove anything?? you asked a question i answered it. also im not a part of the Y generation sorry.

if i pay my rent i expect my home to be complete and running. so why is it bioware expects us to pay rent in an incomplete bug ridden game?

i cant tell if you are a 12 year old kid or just some old fogy troll. ever hear of the term "its the thought that counts"? see if you buy your wife a sponge for her 2nd anniversary she will be upset because you didn't put much thought into it. much like the reuse of fireworks in game bioware didn't put any thought into it so us "the wife's" are upset.... no hanky panky for you tonight bioware!!

Arkerus's Avatar


Arkerus
12.15.2013 , 10:30 AM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Edzew View Post
who said i was trying to prove anything?? you asked a question i answered it. also im not a part of the Y generation sorry.

if i pay my rent i expect my home to be complete and running. so why is it bioware expects us to pay rent in an incomplete bug ridden game?

i cant tell if you are a 12 year old kid or just some old fogy troll. ever hear of the term "its the thought that counts"? see if you buy your wife a sponge for her 2nd anniversary she will be upset because you didn't put much thought into it. much like the reuse of fireworks in game bioware didn't put any thought into it so us "the wife's" are upset.... no hanky panky for you tonight bioware!!
The fact you are using present for my wife and equating it to Star Wars is so absurd that this isn't even a conversation.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Rileysoph's Avatar


Rileysoph
12.15.2013 , 10:33 AM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
You didn't prove anything. You pay for a service, you get the service. Asking for more is the exact definition of entitlement. No wonder they called everyone after gen Y the entitlement generation.
entitlement
ɪnˈtʌɪt(ə)lmənt/Submit
noun
1.
the fact of having a right to something.

FYI, asking for more is NOT entitlement.

It's obvious that you use the entitlement card because you can't think of a better argument. Asking for more does not mean that person is entitled for more. It simply means that they may not be satisfied with what they got when they ask for more. If someone kindly asks you for some more cake at a birthday party you'd be the kind of person who would go YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO MORE CAKE.

However if someone said "give me some more cake, i am entitled to it, i have a right to have more cake" then obviously you can call them entitled because the cake is only a gift

And I supposing asking for more bug fixes makes someone seem they are entitled? YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ASK FOR BUG FIXES STOP BEING GREEDY.

the amount of uneducated children on these forums is too damn high!

Edzew's Avatar


Edzew
12.15.2013 , 10:37 AM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
The fact you are using present for my wife and equating it to Star Wars is so absurd that this isn't even a conversation.
umm they are both anniversaries so it kinda fits and that's what other people were referring to. i just tried to explain it in a different way. so its not so absurd really. or maybe it is a cultural thing and that's why you don't understand.

fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg's Avatar


fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg
12.15.2013 , 10:39 AM | #138
Can we all just agree that next year they can give us some gear or something that has a better use than fireworks?
Speak softly, and carry a big blaster.

Rileysoph's Avatar


Rileysoph
12.15.2013 , 10:39 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Edzew View Post
umm they are both anniversaries so it kinda fits and that's what other people were referring to. i just tried to explain it in a different way. so its not so absurd really. or maybe it is a cultural thing and that's why you don't understand.
if i were you i'd just report him and then block him otherwise you might get an infraction. some people on these forums can be very defensive of this game and will ridicule you.

Rileysoph's Avatar


Rileysoph
12.15.2013 , 10:41 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
I am not being negative at all.

Here is people like you: So, you get a free rotten cheese burger. But, you should be glad you got something for free and sthu. You want to live in a sub-par world with "free" things...enjoy the mediocrity.

Free doesn't me good, worthy, or quality. Just because something is "free" doesn't mean it is worth a crap.

here is an analogy.

1) Promoting a average product with average quality and putting average effort into it expecting people who pay a monthly fee for this average product to be happy with table scraps.

or

2) Pushing your staff to do the best and be the best at everything they do making a superior and quality product which everyone can be proud of in so doing making the consumer and most of all subscribers amazed and happy in all things.

Which one do you think Bioware is with SWTOR heh? With "rewards" and "celebrations" like this it's obvious it is not the second one. I would be embarrassed to work at Bioware to be honest. Face it buddy, if this game didn't have the Star Wars logo and lightsabers with Sith and Jedi in it, it would have died LONG AGO.

You either DO SOMETHING RIGHT....or don't bother!!!
Couldn't have said it better myself.