Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We need a Cartel Item that makes gear bind to legacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
We need a Cartel Item that makes gear bind to legacy

Ratajack
12.15.2013 , 10:11 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
You can't tell my Shadow Tank he can't pretend to run around in heavy armor!
No, but BW can.

Fantazm
12.15.2013 , 10:11 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
That's the point. There is already PLENTY of adaptive gear out there. There is NO need to make everything adaptive.
Why not? The more the merrier.

Ratajack
12.15.2013 , 10:13 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
You can't tell my Shadow Tank he can't pretend to run around in heavy armor!
Your shadow tank can pretend to run around in heavy armor now.

Should there be some heavy armor looks that are not adaptive? IMO, yes, there should.

Ratajack
12.15.2013 , 10:14 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Fantazm View Post
Why not? The more the merrier.
If they do that, then why bother to have ANY different armor types?

Elfa
12.15.2013 , 10:24 AM | #45
If they do that, then why bother to have ANY different armor types?
Well, I've said that from the beginning. I'm pretty sure that in the world of SW, they're allowed to wear whatever they want to wear. At first appearances were set to make it easy to distinguish classes on site, but with the advent of adaptive armor and the CM, that no longer seems to be a function of armor type so why bother keeping it at all anymore.

All armor should be adaptive, the time is come. If you want to be special, go live with your mom, you'll always be special to her.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Jahl
12.15.2013 , 10:36 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
Well, I've said that from the beginning. I'm pretty sure that in the world of SW, they're allowed to wear whatever they want to wear. A)
I'm pretty sure that in the world of SW, they're allowed to wear whatever they want to wear just as long as they are prepared to spend money on Cartel Coins.

Fixed.
¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬°¯°█{▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓}
The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent....Qui-Gon Jinn

Ratajack
12.15.2013 , 11:20 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post

All armor should be adaptive, the time is come. If you want to be special, go live with your mom, you'll always be special to her.
If you want to look like everyone else, go play hello kitty online.

DarthVengeant
12.15.2013 , 01:41 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Moestuin View Post
People will start to press need on all gear drops because their alt needs it. I don't like the idea.
No, they wont. Not if the rules of the raid are main toon only gear. If they need on stuff then they get kicked or get no more gear the rest of the raid. Period.

morfius
12.16.2013 , 12:52 AM | #49
Maybe some people want to have some armor sets specific to type. Maybe some people don't want sorcerers running around in "heavy" armor. There doesn't need to be any more of a reason than that to leave some armors non-adaptive.
This idea died long time ago ... looks and classes are not longer restricted.
I have heavy armor users in what seems to be cloth and Shadow in seems heavy (Section X rep armor).
I can even have Jedi in Imperial trooper armor (Makeb rep one)

My idea is to boost crafting professions that got hit by CM...
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."