Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enough with the skimpy gear already.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Enough with the skimpy gear already.

RaptorClown
12.15.2013 , 10:04 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Is this the Necrothread for today?
apparently so
pew pew meesa liking youssa

chibiseira
12.15.2013 , 10:04 AM | #62
Is this the Necrothread for today?
It's me searching for an issue I have and finding a thread already exists so why start my own? Not like it's been fixed in the last 6 months.

Reno_Tarshil
12.15.2013 , 10:07 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by chibiseira View Post
It's me searching for an issue I have and finding a thread already exists so why start my own? Not like it's been fixed in the last 6 months.
Well judging by your post you would have better luck making a thread asking for what you want in the suggestion or cartel market suggestion forums instead of necroing a thread.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

chibiseira
12.15.2013 , 10:10 AM | #64
Can do. Hadn't looked for those. My forum etiquette must not be up to date. *shrug*

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=706702 <- better?

Well judging by your post you would have better luck making a thread asking for what you want in the suggestion or cartel market suggestion forums instead of necroing a thread.

AlexDougherty
12.15.2013 , 10:18 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimAce View Post
Look, I know back early on post release there was an outcry for more 'sexy' gear (for males especially), and it's awesome that you guys are listening to community demands, but enough is enough.

there's no demand for it.
Obviously there is a demand, quite a large one. And it's not just the men putting there female companions in it, or playing female characters in it, quite wierdly some women actually put their characters in it (yes, actual women, which is why I said wierdly)
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

AlexDougherty
12.15.2013 , 10:22 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by LrdRahvin View Post
Which begs the question...who designed/does the maintenance on all the equipment the heavy armor users from the movies use? 'Cause not only is their armor defective as all heck, their blasters are clearly beyond borked since they never seem to be able to actually hit anything.
Heavy armour restricts movement, which affects fine aiming (like the side of a barn), and those helmets restrict vision too.

As for the manufacture and maintenance of said armour, I believe it's done by Acme Armour Limited, a branch of the same company that manufactures Wiley Coyote's equipment.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Beltane
12.15.2013 , 10:49 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Obviously there is a demand, quite a large one. And it's not just the men putting there female companions in it, or playing female characters in it, quite wierdly some women actually put their characters in it (yes, actual women, which is why I said wierdly)
Why is it weird that real women put their characters in revealing clothes? You do realize lots of women dress revealingly in real life right?

I personally don't use the extreme bikinis, but I don't mind revealing clothes at all. I wish the designs would stop being so excessively skimpy though. I think it's worth pointing out that the classic Slave Leia bikini is downright modest compared to just how much shows in the SWTOR bikinis. This is the only game I've ever played with underboob on nearly every revealing chest.

I like a lot of the non-adaptive revealing chest armor that is more modest in that it covers the way a sports bra would.

But mostly I wish they'd add "normal" levels of revealing, i.e. more short skirts, shirts that cover the stomach but are low cut, etc. Even the corset they added (which I love) is excessively low cut... it's like a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.

In short, revealing isn't bad, but the art team takes it to this crazy extreme...
--=[ Wrath of Korriban
Ebon Hawk | Heavy Sith RP
IG: Beltane

Reno_Tarshil
12.15.2013 , 10:51 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by chibiseira View Post
Can do. Hadn't looked for those. My forum etiquette must not be up to date. *shrug*

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=706702 <- better?
Better, apologizes if I came off as rude but there has been rampant necroing.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

Tatile
12.15.2013 , 11:01 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
(yes, actual women, which is why I said wierdly)
Weirdly, some men put their male characters in skimpy clothes.

GOSH.

Has it occurred to you that a) lesbians and bisexual women play this game and b) women don't always dress themselves up for men.

Also, the latest dress does look ludicrous and uncomfortable - it's resting just above the n*pples, looks ike it'll fall down any second. Not to mention the male version looks moronic. What did they say "Uhh, you can't put him in a dress! He might look gay!"

drakensang
12.15.2013 , 12:04 PM | #70
Some guys like to show their (virtual) assets too.

I know, we have a weak and dwindling cultural taboo against it, because showing off your body, instead of your achievements is usually seen as a woman-thing and may therefore be seen as unmanly, but it really is outdated.

Be out and proud.