Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game feels abandoned

Infernixx
12.15.2013 , 09:22 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
I find it more productive than seeing how far your nose can go in dark places.
Tell me more about this fantasy of yours.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Elfa
12.15.2013 , 09:26 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Second-guessing professionals while offering up vague ideas and suggestions is, I think, the very opposite of 'productive.'

It's the sort of thing that overweight football fans do when their favored teams don't perform up to the fans' expectations. And it's usually done from an overstuffed armchair while surrounded by beer and snacks.

A fun pastime but mostly insignificant.
...and yet so often those fat guys in arm chair are just using extensive knowledge of their sport coupled with basic common sense and those leading the teams often make huge mistakes that they themselves admit to.

Blind calls by refs, poor player substitutions, stupid play calling, etc. Sometimes an outside pair of eyes can more readily see the mistakes being made than those in the mire of it all.

Tell me more about this fantasy of yours.
As with so many of the complaints being made here, its just simple observation made without the blindness of fanboi goggles.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

DarknessInLight
12.15.2013 , 09:27 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
No, not really.
It's PVP, alright. It's not an Arena, though.

And I don't disagree with adding events, it just seems a bit of a stretch to call a game that was never "something new every 2 hours" abandoned - it implies that things that used to happen no longer do when in fact this game, simply, is not GW2.
Correct. It's not GW2, and its definitely NOT WoW. as far as ESO goes, I have a feeling its going to fail due to the fact that its an "MMO" catering to the console crowd. Limited abilities = Limited gameplay potential. Just my opinion on the matter.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

Kenlonis
12.15.2013 , 09:34 AM | #74
There will Always be Doom and Gloomers the Same OP will say the same thing about Wildstar ESO and Titanfall after they burn through all the content and see that they don't have events every two hours there either.. i love how some people think the newest thing out or coming out soon is going to be the Holy Grail of MMO's and change everything when in fact they end up being Average or a Disappointment

Wintermist
12.15.2013 , 10:04 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Kenlonis View Post
There will Always be Doom and Gloomers the Same OP will say the same thing about Wildstar ESO and Titanfall after they burn through all the content and see that they don't have events every two hours there either.. i love how some people think the newest thing out or coming out soon is going to be the Holy Grail of MMO's and change everything when in fact they end up being Average or a Disappointment
That is true, except in this case they have some weird focus on what to work on. The latest expansion show remarkable effort compared to what they've done before. I want to take that as a sign that they're going to produce more high quality additions in the future.

What they REALLY should do as well is work on the content that already exist, fix those nagging issues that you have to see all the time. Those things really pull the game down more.
Hand Disinfection.

Elfa
12.15.2013 , 10:05 AM | #76
Hard to argue with this statement. I guess the problem is that until A.I is created, people will always burn through content faster than creators can keep up. Before I got into MMO's, I always thought that the reason you payed every month is so they could afford to keep pumping out the story but even the best can't keep up with die hard players.

I look forward to the day when A.I takes over in gaming and every NPC has a life and mind and the stories never end. I however do not look forward to them reading this forum, deciding we're too stupid to live and nuking us all.

The future.....
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Infernixx
12.15.2013 , 10:05 AM | #77
...and yet so often those fat guys in arm chair are just using extensive knowledge of their sport coupled with basic common sense and those leading the teams often make huge mistakes that they themselves admit to.

Blind calls by refs, poor player substitutions, stupid play calling, etc. Sometimes an outside pair of eyes can more readily see the mistakes being made than those in the mire of it all.

As with so many of the complaints being made here, its just simple observation made without the blindness of fanboi goggles.
Yes, that's why those fatguys are the well-paid professionals, right? Because of their well-honed knowledge gleaned from watching professionals do their jobs.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Elfa
12.15.2013 , 10:14 AM | #78
Yes, that's why those fatguys are the well-paid professionals, right? Because of their well-honed knowledge gleaned from watching professionals do their jobs.
Do you have some grudge against fat people Infernixx? What the hell is your deal anyways, did you come on here to call everyone fat and stupid today? Do you think being over weight is a laughing matter?! Do you think just because people are over weight that they have no intelligence?!

I see all of your prejudices are laid bare...

Too obvious of a troll? Sorry, tis the season and all.

HexDecimalUK
12.15.2013 , 10:21 AM | #79
I don't think that at all, in fact i expect very little and im circling total disregard for PC gaming itself in a rapidly decaying orbit but there are games, MMOs, mods of games that do exactly what im asking after years and are still to this day packed with players and developer involvement as a PVPer those games dont have the balance and attention to PVP i demand but those i point towards those games are always shocked at how lively they are and that's not say i don't play them at all.

Its no secret this game has fallen horribly short of its intended population if you think its doing well your sorely mistaken its NOT, go take take a look at the WOW server browser and then this game's server browser and then look up how much money has been spent making this game, then look up failure.

Live dynamic events is a way to make the user feel like they are in a highly active and busy environment, it shows caring and attention from the developers to both the top geared 55 and level 1 noob alike. it creats a sense of spontaneity and excitement to get involved with these things WHILE THEY'RE HAPPENING. Yes its not really all that much for most part beyond treats for the attentive but its called posotive reinforcement and above all benefits the most important player to us, the NEWBS! you think i really want these things at 55? i just want to see direct involvement by the developers the point is to keep the leveling newbies interested and excited while the trudge towards the endgame content that we enjoy.

Sure i enjoy the gree event, the bounty broker thing, things like that but why are they so rare? i mean were paying for this can they not be bothered? whats to stop the gree being on a daily bases? then the ship just takes off and npcs and orbs and boxes and crystals don't re-spawn, . why isnt a dread guard cruiser flying over kaas city and dropping a ton of HKs down each day, wheres Revan? this galaxy is in a permanent stalemate and doing nothing when it could be in a raging war but there are no attacks, no surprises, no bonuses, the player base might be alive but the GAME that we occupy is totally and utterly dead and forgotten.

and GSF is a joke, a clone of starconflict as someone already said, i didnt care for that game why would i care about this one, even makeb is dead, they add the content and leave us to it so what? thats the builders of this theme park now where the hell are the organizers? all i see is gift shops.
<RISK>
Hex'DecimalUK-Pyro HexDesecrate-Lightning Shatterclipse-VG/Immortal
Hex'DecímalUK-concealment HexDecimus-Madness Blaster'Chief-AP

RandomXChance
12.15.2013 , 10:43 AM | #80

Here we go again with the attitude of those that do not agree with my opinion of the the state of the game are blind and deluded fools.

Hundreds of thousands of people are enjoying the game and this does not make them them deluded. Your opinion is entirely valid and so is theirs.