Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game feels abandoned

RaptorClown
12.15.2013 , 06:18 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by ZETA_SCORPII View Post
To raid in endgame you have to deal with total Elitist a-holes unless by some miracle you find a good guild ( hell ya I tried) who actually play a lot.
this only thing i agree on. but u can find few friends and make own group. thats not rly hard if ure nice to people. i am borrowing lots of stuff my friends, even give em no charge - they help me out as well
pew pew meesa liking youssa

CrazyOldMystic
12.15.2013 , 06:20 AM | #52
Hmm how to put this....
What is one of the key problems with swtor. It is lack of cross faction interaction, speaking of killing/rp encounters, and this in turn hurts guilds. Makes extremely difficult for guilds to set things up.

So my point is this what exactly is wrong with the ops post? What the op is asking for is not wrong , and actually had some good ideas. Reasons for people to log on, and to have fun? I did not realize this was a bad direction to take for mmos.

As for the galactic starfighter. Really guys stop beating a dead horse. Its space pvp on a few maps the end. Its not like they added JTL for swtor. If they had you would have a point.

Lastly I swear every time I see the gree event or bounty hunt npcs event I roll my eyes like really again? Flavor in a game is always needed.

AlexDougherty
12.15.2013 , 06:44 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Wintermist View Post
Well, even though it's new content it's not really what was asked about. Starfighter is basically a new PvP Arena, isn't it?

What was asked for was events that make the whole game world come alive. There's a difference.
Events that would make the whole game come alive???
Could you give some suggestions, the term "come alive" is very generic and to be honest personal, what makes something come alive for one person turns others off.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

AlexDougherty
12.15.2013 , 06:51 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyOldMystic View Post
Hmm how to put this....
What is one of the key problems with swtor. It is lack of cross faction interaction, speaking of killing/rp encounters, and this in turn hurts guilds. Makes extremely difficult for guilds to set things up.

So my point is this what exactly is wrong with the ops post? What the op is asking for is not wrong , and actually had some good ideas. Reasons for people to log on, and to have fun? I did not realize this was a bad direction to take for mmos.
Yes, some more cross faction interaction would help, maybe something like the PVP flag in the regular world but limited to two sets of groups and they can use the entire planet. This way they could interact without random people attacking them, and they could have some serious battles. Maybe they could even set up a seperate instance and allow 100+ teams to grand melee it out.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Aries_cz
12.15.2013 , 07:00 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Yes, some more cross faction interaction would help, maybe something like the PVP flag in the regular world but limited to two sets of groups and they can use the entire planet. This way they could interact without random people attacking them, and they could have some serious battles. Maybe they could even set up a seperate instance and allow 100+ teams to grand melee it out.
This all is just a matter of someone organizing it. There are tons of secluded locations in the game where you can easily duke it out without worrying that someone will intervene.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

morfius
12.15.2013 , 08:35 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
During the Rakhgoul event weak guards would attack infected players leaving their ship.

We need more stuff like this.

Events that involve us being attack on our ship - events that will raise the stakes (you die you restart the event over from day one, you die and you get a week long debuff - "the pathetic" which mocks you).

Random voices in your heads...
Mockery and mindless grind penalty on mistake ... how about NO!
This is not hardcore niche game, we don't want it that way...
Find yourself better way to pump your ego.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Elfa
12.15.2013 , 08:48 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
Mockery and mindless grind penalty on mistake ... how about NO!
This is not hardcore niche game, we don't want it that way...
Find yourself better way to pump your ego.
Who's this WE you're blabbering about?!

Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
Didn't they JUST add Galactic Starfighter?
What does GS have to do with galactic wide dynamic events?! Also, not everybody who payed a sub to this GROUND based, story oriented MMO wants or even cares to have any part of a space based PVP game that has little to no impact on the primary part of the game.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Infernixx
12.15.2013 , 08:59 AM | #58
Subjective opinions and wants/desires are universal.

And you can't win/lose an argument that's based on personal 'feelings.'

I 'will' say that it's ridiculous to say that the game is neglected. Simple obvious reality shows otherwise.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Elfa
12.15.2013 , 09:08 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Subjective opinions and wants/desires are universal.

And you can't win/lose an argument that's based on personal 'feelings.'

I 'will' say that it's ridiculous to say that the game is neglected. Simple obvious reality shows otherwise.
I wouldn't say its abandoned at all personally, but I will say that Bioware has missed way too many opportunities for creative design, thinking and goodwill. There are so many little things that could be done to make the experience more fun, exciting and dynamic for their players.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Infernixx
12.15.2013 , 09:10 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
I wouldn't say its abandoned at all personally, but I will say that Bioware has missed way too many opportunities for creative design, thinking and goodwill. There are so many little things that could be done to make the experience more fun, exciting and dynamic for their players.
Armchair Developing is fun, isn't it?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.