Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cheap Bioware

Bailbog
12.15.2013 , 08:24 AM | #1
I'm surprised at how cheap bioware is concerning cartel coins. The fact you have to pay for a new hairstyle (long male hair) is fine... But when you have to pay another round of coins to actually put the new hairstyle on is a joke... Does anyone agree?

Infernixx
12.15.2013 , 08:28 AM | #2
Cosmetic changes are luxuries.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Lunafox
12.15.2013 , 09:15 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bailbog View Post
I'm surprised at how cheap bioware is concerning cartel coins. The fact you have to pay for a new hairstyle (long male hair) is fine... But when you have to pay another round of coins to actually put the new hairstyle on is a joke... Does anyone agree?
I do, and I railed about it, but they don't listen, it's a cash grab. If you have free coins that they give you saved up, use those to implement your make over, instead of forking over more cash. It's what I did. I felt paying for the options was enough.
My debut novel ETERNITY AWAITS available now!

Elfa
12.15.2013 , 09:16 AM | #4
I only thought it sucked that those items were class specific.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

leene
12.15.2013 , 09:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
I only thought it sucked that those items were class specific.
Wut? More like race specific.

I'm also not very thrilled about the fact that appearance changes cost CCs. But at least it's a relatively small amount for which your monthly complimentary coins should be more than enough. They were for me so far at least.

Elfa
12.15.2013 , 09:33 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by leene View Post
Wut? More like race specific.

I'm also not very thrilled about the fact that appearance changes cost CCs. But at least it's a relatively small amount for which your monthly complimentary coins should be more than enough. They were for me so far at least.
Sorry, that's what I meant, race specific, ty. I was looking forward to using those white eyes on my Cathar, I should have read the descriptions better. :/
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Rileysoph
12.15.2013 , 09:33 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Cosmetic changes are luxuries.
The sky is sometimes blue.

Rileysoph
12.15.2013 , 09:34 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bailbog View Post
Yeah it's silly that they actually charge sub cartel coins if they want to change their hairstyle...nickle and diming basically

leene
12.15.2013 , 09:42 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
Sorry, that's what I meant, race specific, ty. I was looking forward to using those white eyes on my Cathar, I should have read the descriptions better. :/
Yeah, I also was looking forward to changing my Miraluka's hair after ages, only to find out that most of the unlocks apply to humans only of course. But the fault for not reading the description (or remembering the title of the unlock, which I purchased months before) correctly lies solely with stupid me in the end Oh well.

Wintermist
12.15.2013 , 10:02 AM | #10
I do think any cosmetic change apart from racial change should cost in-game credits rather than Cartel Coins. Race change is fine if it costs Cartel Coins though, I think.
Hand Disinfection.